Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - Countdown to D-Day!

(1000 Posts)
roxvox Mon 05-Aug-13 14:58:48

Baby due dates/sexes/name choices here

cazboldy Mon 05-Aug-13 18:19:03

u chatty lot!

roofio is that called the "u move" or something similar??

I got the red one a while back when they had a 15% off sale for a bit..... I need 1 for school runs ( that one) and one for over the farm (which i will prob get second hand) as life is too short to get cow/horse muck off wheels every day!! smile

I think the red is unisex enough.....

this one?
www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-U-Move-Pushchair-Travel-System---Red-Circles/452813,default,pd.html

cazboldy Mon 05-Aug-13 18:19:28

although maybe not, as I see it's out of stock now

Shirehobbit Mon 05-Aug-13 18:38:14

Marking place.

Hope you feel better soon, lost - a warm bath can help ease the pain?

LostMySocks Mon 05-Aug-13 18:41:54

Thanks for the advice ladies. Called the midwife who sent me to the maternity day assessment clinic. They were lovely and have given me antibiotics and also had a listen to baby's heart (all fine not distressed). The midwife thought my bump was on the small side so I'm going to get a growth scan and another peak at baby. I'm not very tall, nor is DH so midwife says there is no reason to be concerned but std routine is if bump a bit on the big or small side then you get a scan

Thanks for the new thread.

So glad you got seen today socks. Cranberry juice is good as prevention but not once you have the uti, the acid can make it feel worse, so I would stick to water. I used to get them all the time but thankfully not recently.

Textbook glad all was ok but a shame the placenta hasn't moved. Will you have the c section even if it does move up?

I had a lovely lunch with my friends. I liked showing off the progress in the baby's room. I got a boots delivery and only a fellow pregnant friend would understand my excitement at Brest and maternity pads and cotton wool balls!

Natalie, will they monitor you a bit more now then to decide when would be a good time to induce? Make sure you keep getting in touch every time you are worried.

Another of my friends announced they are pregnant today on Facebook. I am glad a few more people in my peer group are starting to have babies so I won't be on my own.

Wickedgirl Mon 05-Aug-13 18:57:03

Thank you for the new thread. I have only been away for a day and there is another new thread!

ComtesseDeFrouFrou Mon 05-Aug-13 19:01:32

I saw MW today and she said baby is head down with its spine on my right side (from my POV). Every time I go baby seems to be head down, but he also said that if she felt again in 20 minutes at this stage the baby might have loved again.

Anyway, all fine and measuring 29cm at 31+ 4, which suits me just fine! Booked in for my whooping cough jab at 34 weeks. On the home straight now!

Falcon you have reminded me that I bought battenburg cake at the shops. I might hide it from DH blush.

Dollybird86 Mon 05-Aug-13 19:07:56

Hi all,
I cant keep up your all super chatty!
I know I never post but I have been lurking trying to keep checking in.
Today I had a growth scan at 28+5 and a chat with my consultant everything seems fine, I did have very strong braxton hicks on Friday night and ended up going in for monitoring as they were going on for about 2 1/2 hours it was a little scary! I am now a little freaked out that shes going to come early so I have been shopping and organising today.

Can I share my list of stuff that I've got with you all? please pipe up if I have missed anything/ I've bought stuff that I really dont need!

0-1 month
10 Long sleeve vests
6 short sleeve vests
16 sleep suits
1 coat
1 pram suit
2 cardigans
2 pairs of leggings
2 sets of vest + leggings + hat

0-3 months
11 long sleeve vests
18 sleep suits
3 cardigans
3 dresses
1 pram suit

changing mat X 2
nappies
wipes
towels X 2
cotton wool
muslins X 18
cotton cellular blanket X 2
knitted blanket
fitted sheets X 6
grow bag X 2
baby carrier
baby scissors + brush set
washing up bowl (as baby bath)

crib, pushchair and car seat will be ordered shortly.

Sorry for the epic post hope your all enjoying the cooler weather and our babies keep wriggling lots

Hi Dolly, toiletries like nappy cream, nipple cream, breast pads etc.
Sounds like you have plenty of clothes! Maybe some socks?

Why did you need the growth scan if y dint mind me asking? Glad all went well with consultant.

GTbaby Mon 05-Aug-13 19:26:50

Looks good dolly. Can't see anything obvious you've missed other then mittens and socks. Depending on your baby grow style. I didn't buy any mittens as all grows I bought had built in ones, but then got loads as gifts without built in mittens.
Regardless they are only a few££ so worth while just in case purchase.

Dollybird86 Mon 05-Aug-13 19:46:40

Hi
Orange I had a growth scan due to high BMI and have another at 34 weeks.
GT pretty much all of the sleep suits I've got have built in mittens and I do have a few pairs of socks and some small hats as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the toiletries my brain is struggling, Im in the process of sorting my hospital bag out as well its like packing for a really bad holiday! Will feel better when its all sorted though.

It seems like you are ready if the baby does decide to come a little early. Did they say that was likely when you were monitored?

JethroTull Mon 05-Aug-13 19:59:36

Like a couple of other posters I'm marking my place. I don't post much as struggle to keep up but really appreciate everyone sharing invaluable advice / stories & experiences. Going to reduce my working hours to 3 days a week from next week so hopefully will have more time to keep up grin

Dollybird86 Mon 05-Aug-13 20:04:03

They checked my cervix and it was closed so hopefully she will stay in there, Im seeing the midwife on Wednesday so will have a chat with her about it. Knowing my luck she'll refuse to come out and ill end up being induced at 42+.

Natalieand Mon 05-Aug-13 20:12:16

I'm not really sure orange I guess I'll ask the midwife tommorow what the standard protocol is for these kind of things x

MrsO27 Mon 05-Aug-13 20:52:34

Fingers crossed for some more movement natalie
How are the headaches flyer?

roxvox Mon 05-Aug-13 20:54:22

dollyBird sounds like you're going to have one well dressed baby! I too have bought all sleep suits with built in mittens, but picked some up in H&M for a £1 a pair as we've been bought a sleep suit without them built in already. Also been bought a really really lovely thick sleep suit, but it has poppers down the back (spine) of the suit, which I find really baffling. I don't see how that's going to be a) easy to do up or b) comfortable for baby?! Maybe I am just being stupidly naive.

I've got about 6 0-3 month sleep suits, and 2 newborn ones - should I be buying more? How long after baby is born (if a straightforward normal birth) before we're likely to be able to go out shopping? Basically we don't know if we're having a boy or a girl and want to be able to buy gender specific clothes after baby is born, but I don't know how long my few sleepsuits will last realistically?

ananikifo Mon 05-Aug-13 21:01:40

So I had some blurred vision and a headache today, and having read here that that may be a sign of preeclampsia I panicked myself, phoned the midwives, went to maternity assessment unit, and thankfully have been reassured. I'm still on the monitor but feel much better, and DH is so relaxed that he fell asleep in his chair and started snoring!

I really, really do hate being a patient in a hospital and and even more determined to have a home birth if I can. I got really anxious on the way here.

Natalie I hope your baby moves and that you have a healthy rest of your pregnancy.

Just a quick question - is anyone using the kick counting bracelets that I've seen online? What do you think?

textbook Mon 05-Aug-13 21:09:30

Orange I'm having a section anyway due to previous section and bladder problems. However, from what I understand it's not good to go into spontaneous labour with very low placenta (it's touching my cervix) as it could cause an abruption, so they will probably move the section date forward by a couple of weeks if it doesn't move soon. Argh, I'm not ready - I don't have half the stuff on Dolly's list!

Lost so glad you have antibiotics and baby is doing well smile

Sorry if tmi Had a nap was wet woke up and clear fluid stated running down my legs :S not sure what it was but it did not smell like wee. I have a pad on and i'm monitoring it honestly this pregnancy is a bloody rollercoaster sad

textbook Mon 05-Aug-13 21:11:05

Oh and good luck for tomorrow Nat - hope baby gives you some good strong kicks this evening thanks

textbook Mon 05-Aug-13 21:14:38

X posts Falcon sounds scary - hope you're ok. Go straight in if you're worried or it gets worse.

Sanjifair Mon 05-Aug-13 21:18:48

I also have very little in the way of baby stuff. Starting to get some things little by little.

Falcon, was it lots or just a little? Maybe call midwife if uncertain.

Anan and Flyer glad you are feeling a bit better.

Slightly weird question, does anyone else have 'triangle tum'? When I lie down in the bath my normally round bump turns into a perfect sharp triangle centered around my belly button, then goes back to its round shape. Not the same as a braxton hicks as bump stays round then. Tis very odd, but I had it last time too!

Natalieand Mon 05-Aug-13 21:24:06

Definately sounds scary falcon and would warrant a call to the midwife. Hopefully it will be nothing serious,

Thanks for well wishes ladies few movements this evening but nothing like normal. I've always gone on and on about wanting my baby early how I can't wait another 10 weeks and now she's mentioned the word induction I'm like 'what the hell? I don't want induction before 40 weeks' lol funny how your mind changes when the decisions is taken away from u x

This thread is not accepting new messages.