Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Just Shagging Grads Fred 8! Roll up, roll up, all Viroids welcome!

(1000 Posts)

Just Shagging Grads, here is your shiny new Fred!

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw plenty of births and we've got loads of new Grads to add to the mix. Bring on the TMI posts, the midnight moans, the birthwatches and the pom poms!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 17th thread.

Nessalina Sat 07-Jun-14 23:07:57

I disappear for 24 hours and you lot fill the thread!! shock

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 22:46:00

Antibiotics/ UTI/ driving/ important work meeting????

I'm frantically pintresting lovely baby crochet things to take my mind off DH's idiocy. Subsequent to more shouting he's been sat in his bloody bedroom for hours sulking/ tidying...

Nearly full fred!

DulcetMoans Ecuador Sat 07-Jun-14 22:38:33

We know them all pretty well. Birthday is our best friends GF and we love them both. But not ready to tell them yet. Will try the hiding with DH expert help!

Football delayed, can you believe it?!

wilhelmeaner Sat 07-Jun-14 22:23:27

How well do you know the people Dulcet? I think if they don't know you were trying, you can plausibly hide it. Mr Wil told his fecking friends tonight when there was totally no need to.

HungryHorace Sat 07-Jun-14 21:42:41

here

Could only cut and paste one thread link as my post vanished every time I flicked between tabs. Grrrr!

DulcetMoans Ecuador Sat 07-Jun-14 21:28:46

Yeah go for it horace!

So the football is just starting - WHY?! It's bedtime but now ill just have to hear the sighing and shouting!

Birthday outing next week with booze. Can I hide it...?!

wilhelmeaner Sat 07-Jun-14 21:11:32

Yeah go for it Horace, we need it quick though!

HungryHorace Sat 07-Jun-14 20:58:06

I think I started the one before this under my old user name!

But if nobody else fancies it, I'll do it. :-)

JuniDD Netherlands Sat 07-Jun-14 20:44:37

cookie when's yours?

in date order...

HungryHorace
2nd Child
EDD 07.08.14 (ELCS date to be given 11.06.14)

JuniDD
1st child
EDD 21/10/2014

Furryscoob
First child
EDD: 8/11/14

Zenry
Third child
EDD 30/11/2014

Name: Minion
1st child (after the man child)
EDD: 10 DEC 2014..

Rpopz.
1st non furry child.
EDD: 5/1/15

Dulcetmoans
1st child
EDD: 09/01/15

Wil
2nd child
EDD 18/1/2015

Minion Sat 07-Jun-14 20:36:05

Evening grads. Sorry been Mia today, gardening followed by 22 jump street followed by tgi Fridays, damn that jd glaze!
It's scrumptious!

Ooh nearly the end of the Fred, whose starting the next one? Think it should be whose dropping next, a final hurrah eh horace.

OK, gotta love a roll call especially since I'm not moaning anymore..

Name: Minion
1st child (after the man child)
EDD: 10 DEC 2014..

HungryHorace Sat 07-Jun-14 19:29:30

Dulcet, kind of prepared. Kind of apprehensive about the ELCS (though if I had to go VBAC I'd be worse!), but I'm sure it'll be fine.

We have everything we need, but that's not surprising as DD isn't quite a year old!

I'd speak to your midwife about the scan if you're wanting the DS tests doing.

Zenry, loving your low risk! I did wonder if you were keeping quiet as I'd not seen it on your Facebook. :-)

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 19:20:13

I think you can have it until 14+1 or 14+2 Dulce but it might depend on your trust. You can have the quad test from 15 weeks but they usually prefer to do first trimester testing as it gives people more time to think about things.

JuniDD Netherlands Sat 07-Jun-14 19:11:21

JuniDD
1st child
EDD 21/10/2014

Wil
2nd child
EDD 18/1/2015

Rpopz.
1st non furry child.

Zenry
Third child
EDD 30/11/2014

HungryHorace
2nd Child

Dulcetmoans
1st child

Furryscoob
First child

Also can I have a HOLY FUCK! Just looked at a FB friend's profile (blocked her due to pg jealousy). She had a MASSIVE bump at 17 weeks, bigger than my 20 week one and we're about the same size. Guess this is a small bump. Think I'm glad... wink

FurryScoob Sat 07-Jun-14 19:07:39

dulcet if you want the DS screening it has to be done by 13+6. I had to have quad test at 16 weeks because they couldn't get the measurements at the first scan & it was too late after that to try again.

rpopz any chance of a burst pipe above the room of crap?

Furryscoob
First child

wilhelmeaner Sat 07-Jun-14 18:50:40

I don't actually know Dulcet but I thought you had to have been in by 14 weeks. Maybe ring midwife and double check?

DulcetMoans Ecuador Sat 07-Jun-14 18:44:21

Oh popz, I feel the pain! I have a hoarder and I have started to broach the subject of clearing out for baby but it will take time, fights and tears I know it! Not necessarily gaming, although he has adopted a PS2 from his brother he just couldn't let go that he hasn't touched since. It's just stuff! Can barely get in our study! No idea how we deal with it though.

You are so close to popping horace! I didn't realise! Feeling prepared?

Scan date is through! Woooo! Not until 11th July though. So far away. Plus ill be 14 weeks technically by then, isn't that too late for the tests?!

Sorry about the sickness viroids. Sucks.

Going to look at mother are here now juni, see if I can spend some money!

Dulcetmoans
1st child

JuniDD Netherlands Sat 07-Jun-14 18:08:48

horace ah, not long now, how exciting to get a date!
My mum is obsessed with being "ruthless" and getting rid of stuff. I'm a bit of a hoardy Hetty but know I have a lot of stuff to sort out before mini-Juni arrives. My mum wants me to get rid of all of my clothes...er, hopefully they'll fit again one day!

JuniDD
1st child
EDD 21/10/2014

Wil
2nd child
EDD 18/1/2015

Rpopz.
1st non furry child.

Zenry
Third child
EDD 30/11/2014

HungryHorace
2nd Child

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 17:50:18

Threatened it. Told him ages ago if he didn't sort it I would. And I'd be a LOT less selective than him re what goes in the bin!!!

HungryHorace Sat 07-Jun-14 17:43:23

Men can be so annoying and childish. I'd be getting a skip and binning the lot by now!

And you can't beat a good list:

HungryHorace
2nd Child

zenry Sat 07-Jun-14 17:41:22

Ooo
Zenry
Third child
EDD 30/11/2014

I had the testing done got my result the other day actually 1:500,000

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 17:36:15

I found screaming in his face worked quite well grin (Honestly, our neighbours must think we're permanently on the brink of divorce)

Rpopz.
1st non furry child.

wilhelmeaner Sat 07-Jun-14 17:22:42

ah Juni that would get me nowhere. I find incessant moaning is the only way to achieve anything grin.

I also feel sick as a dog today. When I'm home alone with a toddler. Great.

Ooh I love a roll call

Wil
2nd child
EDD 18/1/2015

JuniDD Netherlands Sat 07-Jun-14 17:10:56

Big hugs to rpopz. Your bloke needs a boot up the arse and then some. It's the lying about it that would boil my piss. But if you're feeling sick too, now is the perfect time to lie on the sofa crying silently with a bowl and refusing to speak to him. Perhaps it's only my DH this works on? (and tbf, I never do it on purpose, but god they can drive you mad. Mine's had a flipping nap today and I haven't!)

Quick shopportunity recommend: Maggie Howell relaxation for pregnancy CD. I've got the natal hypnotherapy ones but you don't star them til 32 weeks so got this one too and it's really nice.

I also signed us up to an "expectant parent" event at our local Mothercare which I expect will also be a good opportunity to part from a wedge of cash. wink.

Nearly time for a new thread! Would it be appropriate to have a little roll call? I can't keep track of you all!

I'll start:

JuniDD
1st child
EDD 21/10/2014

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 17:02:52

Very sweary today! Sorry! Nausea has returned with a vengeance which isn't helping.

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 17:01:57

Yeah they take it then as we use measurements from the scan in combination with the blood results to work out the risk. My best friend never had it done because she said she would have the baby regardless of anything. I'm not sure i'm good enough to think that way! Plus I always like to have all the information available to me as I'm a massive control freak. Buuuut, I dunno.

I've told him Horace honestly I have.... I nearly lost my fucking shit when he said "its not fair" ..... Fuck me.

This thread is not accepting new messages.