Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Shagging Grads Fred 8! Roll up, roll up, all Viroids welcome!

(1000 Posts)

Just Shagging Grads, here is your shiny new Fred!

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw plenty of births and we've got loads of new Grads to add to the mix. Bring on the TMI posts, the midnight moans, the birthwatches and the pom poms!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 17th thread.

HungryHorace Fri 06-Jun-14 17:52:16

But at least they're replacing you, Furry...shows you do enough to need a replacement! :-)

It feels good. I'm knackered!

I only worked 4 months last year and 3 this year. Next year will be painful as I'm doing the whole year! :-/

zenry Fri 06-Jun-14 17:57:20

Nope not long at all. Will have our scan then have some nandos and hit the shops! Yay smile

FurryScoob Fri 06-Jun-14 18:05:29

That's a good way to think of it horace I don't feel as sad now! smile

Nessalina Fri 06-Jun-14 20:46:31

Roll on maternity leave! I've only got 12 working weeks left: grin 3 weeks, then a weeks hol, 3 more weeks then another weeks hol, 3 weeks then ANOTHER weeks hol, then 3 more weeks and I'm freeeee! Lol. I feel like it's worked out quite well.

Cookie! I thought you'd already checked in with us - we've nearly filled the thread! grin

Minion Fri 06-Jun-14 20:51:03

I've made the obligatory fb announcement. Now our phones are going Cray Cray with notifications haha.

RPopz Fri 06-Jun-14 20:55:10

Hooray Min! Feel good to go public? grin

cookielove Fri 06-Jun-14 20:55:25

I had checked in but it wasn't really doing much when I gratuated, I didn't realise it was being used again. It means I can post and not lurk although will probably never stop lurking on the other thread.

I have 14 weeks left of work, going on holiday tomorrow to California for 2 weeks smile

DulcetMoans Fri 06-Jun-14 22:21:09

Evening all! What a week! I do not enjoy working with others. Might just tell everyone I'm pregnant so they might leave me alone.

How many likes then min? Feel good?

Did you get to meet the replacements furry? If you get a say then just pick someone shitter than you! I'm not looking forward to being replaced...

So, busy pregnant week here. I had my booking in appointment - one hour and 20 mins! Couldn't get blood so a trip to the hospital this morning. 8am and a queue out the door - what are these people doing at the blood suite at 8am on a Friday?! Get a job/get out my way! Anyway, got loads of stuff to read and questions. Where to have it, do you want to breast feed, what courses do you want to do? I don't know!

Minion Fri 06-Jun-14 22:25:24

Ahhh it's so lovely seeing everyone's congratulations and well wishes. It's the last pic ever of the baby as I don't like pics of kids on public spaces, but sweet of everyone.
It feels all warm and squishy. Even the husband got merry with excitement x

Nessalina Sat 07-Jun-14 07:17:19

California sounds amazing Cookie! That's baby-mooning in style grin

Good grief Dulcet 1hr 20mins and that didn't include bloods?! That's well epic. I reckon I was in there 25mins tops and that was blood too - I think my midwife's been doing it so long she speeds through most of the stuff. Ok for now, but the closer I get to popping the more questions I'll have!

We STILL haven't gone Facebook public yet! shock Everyone important knows, but DH wants to wait until we have a decent scan picture to put up, which means 20 week scan! I keep worrying I'll slip up, now it's not a secret in person, but I'm impressed that none of my friends who know have accidentally said something on FB smile

DulcetMoans Sat 07-Jun-14 09:20:03

I thought they were meant to take about an hour anyway ness so didn't think it was massively over but maybe it was if they can be 25mins! She did try and get blood, just have stupid veins. They always struggle - even at the blood suite.

What a dreary old day! All my plans to be active to counter the two jam doughnuts I had yesterday are out the window!

JuniDD Sat 07-Jun-14 09:43:46

California...amazing! Have a great time cookie.

Ness I'm also impossible to get blood out of, well, unless they do it where I say with the correct needle. Which of course they never do. sigh.

We're not putting anything on FB, we'll probably put a pic of the baba up once its here though. That'll surprise everyone! wink

It's a horrible day isn't it? So dark!

zenry Sat 07-Jun-14 09:52:56

Im not going public until the baba comes. Cant wait to read their reactions!

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 09:59:53

Did you put the scan pic on fb Min? I always said I never would but now I'm here I know I will!! blush You secret keeping ladies must have resolves of steel!

Sorry about your crappy week Dulce! Just think, only 6 short months to a lovely year off haha!

Its rainy and crappy here too... good thing I guess, can't go out and avoid the cleaning!!

California, wow envy

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 10:01:41

I have crappy veins too! Though amazingly the midwife managed it first time after I warned her. They usually have to use the tiniest needle possible. Think my booking app took about an hour.

DulcetMoans Sat 07-Jun-14 10:19:49

That is a nice thought popz. Just got to get to Christmas!

It is crappy weather but its not making me feel any more up for cleaning!

I missed the California thing, fab holiday cookie. How do you handle heat though?? I have a work trip to USA next month. Not sure whether to tell work before or after though... would be 15 weeks by then so might have had to. Although I expect to be put back a week at scan so maybe 14 weeks...

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 12:10:33

Mr Rpopz is really fucking pissing me off! Ever since we moved into this house the biggest room has been monopolised completely by all his gaming stuff, books, dvds, models, computers parts and RUBBISH! Which he's just carted from house to house without ever sorting it out. Its all just sat there accumulating dust and filth since we moved in and I've been nagging him to sort it out since then! When I got pg he agreed to sort it out so we can actually have a babies room and a spare room. He's just had a fortnight off work trashing the rest of my house and allegedly sorting it all out... I just went up there and he's done NOTHING!! He told me it was EMPTY now!! Seriously, I could murder him.

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 12:12:06

Now he's telling me "its not fair" ... Where's he supposed to store it all? Like I give a fuck!! He's more of a child than anyone, we don't need a bloody baby!!!

<breathes>

Minion Sat 07-Jun-14 13:13:51

Yeah we put the pic on, the husband was more excited than I was and he DOES not do fb even though he has an account.
I keep getting lovely texts and messages from folks, it's just so sweet.
I didn't think anyone would care ha! X

Minion Sat 07-Jun-14 13:15:25

popz that's crap. I always feel for ladies who have gaming fellas, my mate has one who had 2 computers in their bedroom and he's on it every night till 2.. Then she says she doesn't ever get a decent night sleep... Jeez I wonder why.
You have my sympathies x

wilhelmeaner Sat 07-Jun-14 14:10:13

Popz that is crap. Tell him he might as well store it all away because there will be no time for that nonsense once the baby arrives.

Ah that's lovely Min, everybody loves baby news. We didn't announce on fb last time but did text everyone important after the first scan and got lots of love back. I managed to keep it off fb until I was about 8 1/2 months, not really consciously but just we had told everyone that mattered in real life.

I had to tell a couple of friends this week because I went out and wasn't drinking but I know they won't say anything. However I did say something very bloody stupid today when talking to some other pregnant people. I used the phrase 'this time' and then had to backtrack to cover myself. I am crap at keeping secrets. I'm sure they're not really interested anyway, it's more just that I feel bad other people knowing before family.

Oh I am jealous of you all with your holidays. Would love to be jetting off somewhere warm.

I hope I get a 25min appointment Ness. If I'm in there for over an hour, MiniWil will be going bonkers. I can't remember what happens at booking - I know you give blood for HIV tests etc but is that also when you give the blood for the screening for DS? I can't decide whether to do that or not, I didn't last time. But if it's at booking, I need to make my mind up sharpish. Did anyone else not have the screening?

Oh and Min girls can definitely rock superhero onesies too!

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 14:47:09

I don't even think that's occurred to him Wil. I told him if wants to keep it all he can pay to put it in bloody storage and see how long it takes him to get sick of paying to keep stuff he never even bloody looks at - because I guarantee it will be a lot less than 2 years!!!! Its been a running joke with the familes since they all found out that he'll "finally have to put his toys away" and he's all woe is me..... Seriously, I'm sacrificing my body, my career, my life for this and he can't even tidy a bloody bedroom! ARGH.

Wil - the Downs screening isn't til you have your 12 week scan. I'm contemplating not having it done as I work in the laboratory where those tests are processed! So once my sample pops in it will be secret no more! And I don't really want everyone seeing the result. Undecided.

RPopz Sat 07-Jun-14 14:48:20

That is lovely Min smile I can't wait for that bit!

HungryHorace Sat 07-Jun-14 15:47:02

Bloody hell, RPopz, I'd have gone ballistic if I were you. He needs to get a grip. Fast.

Wil, no screening tests here either this or last time. I wouldn't even have an invasive test if the first had a high risk result, so there isn't any point having it done.

wilhelmeaner Sat 07-Jun-14 16:53:28

Oh so they take the blood at the scan if you want it? cool, good to know. No, nor would I Horace and that was my reasoning last time. And I also thought they would probably pick up any major medical issues on 20 week scan - although I know many things are missed too. I was just wondering whether I would feel more prepared if I knew there was a higher chance or whether it would just make me worry more.

Rpopz that is really difficult when you work in a place like that.
Re the man thing - they do really have to give up very little in all this (unless they're going to be SAHDs or something), it can drive you mad when you think about it. Does he actually use the stuff or not?

This thread is not accepting new messages.