Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Shagging Grads Fred 8! Roll up, roll up, all Viroids welcome!

(1000 Posts)

Just Shagging Grads, here is your shiny new Fred!

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The last thread saw plenty of births and we've got loads of new Grads to add to the mix. Bring on the TMI posts, the midnight moans, the birthwatches and the pom poms!

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 17th thread.

MrsAVB Wed 07-Aug-13 20:14:44

Congrats downstairs! Pregnancy is just one long waiting game... It's almost as bad as the wait to get pregnant in the first place!
It's scaring me that some of you have April due dates! I still feel like a newby!
X

DownstairsMixUp Wed 07-Aug-13 20:20:49

Thanks MrsAVB and yes i know, i think i forgot how long it actually is, well, considering my last pregnancy i found out i was preg in december 2008 it was a bit of a while ago now! Forgot all this waiting lark!

Kittenkatzen Thu 08-Aug-13 08:32:58

Oh HERE you all are....sneaky, trying to hide from me wink

Sorry for not being around much lately, have had a really crappy, stressy couple of weeks encompassing various work madness, MIL having house move nightmares, SIL having a loooong and traumatic labour, and DH's company reaching a critical point. To top it all off my poor dad has been in hospital for what was supposed to be a relatively routine op to remove newly discovered early stage cancer, but has since had severe complications and is now in a really bad way in ICU being treated for sepsis and other nasty things sadsad. Thankfully most things are getting towards sorted now - I leave work tomorrow, MIL exchanged contracts successfully, and SIL and new baby are both fine....just my dad to worry about now. Positive thoughts/prayers/whatever your "thing" is would be very very welcome!

Anyway, sorry for such a doom and gloom post, I've been vaguely keeping up on fb so am very excited to see all the new arrivals! Who's next? hooya we have similar dates I think - please say you're before me (12th sept)!!

Right, I'm off to read up on what I've missed then...

Kittenkatzen Thu 08-Aug-13 08:36:21

Aaaargh just seen you all comparing due dates!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.....is all I have to say right now!! Where has this year gone??? shock

Kittenkatzen Thu 08-Aug-13 08:55:59

waves so glad the sickness has gone away, and you've totally inspired me to make a massive coffee cake next week when I'm off work! Good call whoever was watching Friends reruns too, will add that to my list!

Wow, so many new BFPs - you JSers have been busy! BIG congrats and welcome to you all, stroke sorry to hear you've had a stressful few days, hope the resting sorts things out for you. And props to you for sticking to any the paleo diet at any stage....I went right off meat in the early days and Freddie Kruger himself couldn't have prised the carbs from my hands!

Hope everyone I've missed is doing ok - will try to keep up better now, promise!

DownstairsMixUp Thu 08-Aug-13 09:16:44

I couldn't help myself - i just booked an early scan private in a few weeks as i can't bear the 12 week wait!! Anyone else going for an early reassurance scan?

frogchops Thu 08-Aug-13 10:41:23

Wow look at all the new bfps! Congrats viroids! Really scary that one of the newbies is sort of like my replacement grad as I'm third in line for popping! blush
Don't blame you at all downstairs for booking the early scan, I didn't but the wait was horrendous...was almost 13 weeks when I had my scan. Then you'll be in the agonising wait for 20 weeks! It does seem to fly after that though wink

DownstairsMixUp Thu 08-Aug-13 10:43:21

Thanks frogchops with the last lo i didn't have an early scan and remember the wait was torture! Don't think i can do it again this time!

cookielove Thu 08-Aug-13 13:16:11

I've just got back in from the dr's the ball is officially rolling. He said my first appointment with the midwife they'll take bloods and do a dating scan is that at 12 weeks? 

DownstairsMixUp Thu 08-Aug-13 18:19:26

Hi cookielove yes dating scan is 12 weeks smile

PrincessKitKat Thu 08-Aug-13 19:11:22

Hi viroids.
Cookie I had my first midwife booking appt today (4 weeks?). She took my bloods and BP and filled in my 'notes' form with loads of spelling mistakes and got me booked in for my 12 week scan at the hospital.
She gave me a bounty pack and a load of terrifying leaflets.
I think my surgery just shoves you straight to the MW, they don't want you wasting the GPs time with trivial stuff like growing a human hmmsmile

hooya due 10th Sept
kitten due 12th Sept
frog due 20th Sept
blondies due 19th Oct
notso due 25th Oct
Mrs AVB due 1st Jan 2014
Humpty due 3rd Jan 2014
andie due Feb/March 2014?
stroke due 29 March 2014
cookie due 4 April 2014
downstairs due 15 April 2014
KitKat due 15 April 2014
coffee due 17 April 2014

Hello to the new JSers! We're filling up nicely - I am right in the middle, which is nice and cosy. kitkat did she really book you in already? I didn't get booked in until 10 weeks! Get used to being fobbed off with forms/leaflets/a Bounty pack - it doesn't get much more exciting/full of care and compassion, I'm afraid.

waves so glad you finally get a rest from the sickness - how you got through it, I have no idea.

kitten hope your poor pa feels better soon, glad to hear things are sorting themselves out otherwise, sounds v stressful indeed.

stroke take it nice and easy - you def need it.

If it helps those feeling shite - I puked on a homeless chap this morning. He made me though, by smelling vile (obviously not deliberately!) I felt so bad, as it just came out - and a bit went on him. <classy face>

Strokethefurrywall Thu 08-Aug-13 21:03:56

Oh god Humpty, I was just beginning to lose the excessive saliva in my mouth and your homeless man post just made me dry heave! I wonder who was more shocked, him or you? What do you say to someone after you've puked on them? grin

I'm crook viroids, real crook. I've doubled all medicines to stop me puking and today have managed to keep down coffee, some fresh juice and some chicken kebab. Is it vain to be vaguely excited about the potential weight loss? C'mon, I know you're all feeling it!

Unfortunately my sister called this morning to tell me that my lovely Aunt died this morning from ovarian cancer. She was only 63 years old. Between the hormones, and the dream I had last night about my dead brother (who I dreamt wasn't dead and then woke up to remember that he was) sent me right over the edge. I was a snotty, weeping, vomiting mess. I managed to pull it together and get to the office but I'm 6 hours behind my family and times like this make me feel so totally helpless.

On the plus side, the bleeding has stopped now so I'm back to my usual tricks.

Kitten you poor thing, that all sounds incredibly stressful - your poor dad. Sending you all positive vibes for his swift recovery. Not long until your new one arrives, you must be getting very excited now!

Kittenkatzen Fri 09-Aug-13 08:20:29

Oh humpty you poor thing - and the poor guy, how on earth did you come back from that?!

kitkat that does sound early for a booking appt, nobody wanted my blood till after 8 weeks. If there's one thing I've learnt here though its that the care standards/procedures seem to vary wildly from place to place so nothing surprises me any more!

Big hugs to you stroke, so sorry about your aunt and your brother too of course. Hope you can take things easy for a few days and let someone looks after you a bit thanks

Last day at work today - mat leave officially starts at 5.30pm grin

DownstairsMixUp Fri 09-Aug-13 08:39:46

Oh dear humpty that doesn't sound too good! What did you do after that?!

Oh PrincessKitKat yours is different to mine, I had to book an appointment with the GP, was given maternity notes (blank obviously) then told my details had been faxed to the midwife so still waiting to hear from them!

MrsAVB Fri 09-Aug-13 08:44:23

Ohh stroke sorry about your aunt.
And commiserations re. sickness and hormones. I'm still on anti-sickness meds and vomming regularly at nearly 20 weeks (although thankfully not on any smelly homeless people)...tis rubbish! Although I do feel much better now in terms of energy than I did earlier on. Glad the bleeding has stopped for you though.
kitten congrats on reaching mat leave (is that the right thing to say?) - I can't wait!
Have a good day all
X

Hooya Fri 09-Aug-13 13:05:43

Woohoo thread's filling up just after it was getting emptier!! Congrats to all the BFPs grin

Kitten my boy's coming out 2 days before you're due, so I'm next shock holyf**kingshit!

I can't decide if I want my mat leave to start RIGHT NOW or if I'm really sad to be ending this phase of my career (14 hour days etc may not be gone forever, but things will certainly be changing)... Similarly while I will not miss the sleep discomfort and swollen feet, I do quite like being pregnant. Baby H has the hiccups a lot today, it's very cute, my belly jiggles a bit when he has them!

Strokethefurrywall Fri 09-Aug-13 15:24:35

When do you all go on mat leave where you are? Can you choose to work right up to birth or do you leave around a month before?

Mostly we all work right up until birth as standard leave is only 12 weeks here. My firm allows an extra month unpaid plus public holidays which will give me around 17 weeks when this one arrives. Which doesn't really seem a lot but actually isn't too bad.

I can't wait for mat leave this time around - hopefully no visitors (we had 6 weeks back to back of parents and ILs) so I get to enjoy the time all to myself without playing hostess. Before my first, a colleague said to me "you're going to love mat leave, it's like a 4 month holiday". I thought she was high off her ass but she was absolutely right. Days of coffees with friends, meandering around the shops, going to the beach with a book, re-runs of Greys Anatomy and dozing on the sofa. Bloody fantastic!

cookielove Fri 09-Aug-13 15:31:17

My work colleague has just gone on mat leave she is taking 6 months off and will be back in Jan, I am hoping I can take the whole year. Dh is about to get a pay rise so hopefully that will help. I hope to work right up to due date but will see smile

Hooya Sat 10-Aug-13 13:37:58

I am taking 2 weeks off before the birth and 13 after it. I am wondering what the next 2 weeks are going to be like before I go on leave, as I'm starting to tire much more, but bear in mind it's 37 degrees where I live right now which really doesn't help with tiredness and swollen feet!

On which, it's so hard to go outside just now! I am spending a lot of time hiding in the aircon at home or the office...

Strokethefurrywall Sat 10-Aug-13 14:34:07

It's about the same temperature here too Hooya with near 85% humidity.

With DS1 I was heavily pregnant through August and September which are the hottest months but I was lucky to have the beach nearby and spent the last few weeks submerged like a beached whale.

This one isn't due until March when it should be much less humid with lovely breezes and hopefully I don't get struck with the dreaded swollen feet.

coffeewineandchocolate Sat 10-Aug-13 19:29:45

I hope to be able to take 4 weeks a/l before my maternity leave to start my mat leave as close to the birth as possible. Will have 8 months Mat leave like with ds...

DownstairsMixUp Sun 11-Aug-13 15:38:35

I'm doing similar to coffee going to use two weeks annual leave before i'm due then take the whole year off, i am only part time anyway so i'll pretty much get full pay for the year

notsoold Sun 11-Aug-13 19:20:44

hooya 37 degrees!!! 35 is my maximum ( wimpy girl I know)smile
I am starting to sort my maternity leave ....hoping to start end of september the latest???

Nessalina Sun 11-Aug-13 23:04:59

Hey there viroids!
Got my BFP this morning, so thought I'd best mark my place on the grads fred! Nice to see some familiar faces smile
EDD according to useful phone app is 23rd April...

This thread is not accepting new messages.