Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2014 - thread 3....Boy can we chat!

(1000 Posts)
Souredstoneshasasouredpebble Thu 01-Aug-13 21:09:36
MadameBlavatsky Tue 13-Aug-13 00:59:40

Also, in relation to the avoiding everything that could possibly ever be even slightly risky whatsoever, problem faced by all sensible pregnant women I have found these or even as a stylish alternative these

Classy, and safe I'm sure you will agree..

MummyPig24 Tue 13-Aug-13 06:34:33

Morning everyone!

Lyra it's normal for symptoms to decline the further along you get is it not? I remember last time getting to 9 weeks and starting to feel a lot better. I definitely didn't feel as tired yesterday, still had my afternoon nausea though.

I'm worrying that the baby will have died when we go for the scan. All was well when I was scanned at 6 weeks but anything could change, I have almost 4 weeks before my scan and it seems so far away. I want to tell people now, it's hard keeping a secret especially when I don't feel well.

x0gawjus0x Tue 13-Aug-13 06:49:34

To slippers lyra and hottie hello ladies i understand completely where you are coming from sad\) Basically him and i got together when i turned 18, im 21 in a couple months and he is 26. When we first met he was in such a mess his ex of 8 years had been cheating for the last yr of their relationship and he was oblivious untill she just left a few days before they were getting a mortgage, he was extremely controlling when i was first with him but he has got so so much better he has been having counceling since about 8 months into our relationship he still has a way to go but he really is a changed person from then altho there are still a few things like fb and stuff he doesnt stop me from doing most things and everyonth he suprises me with how well hes doing smile i am very positive about the future and i promise if it got bad again i wouldnt stay here.

thank you for your caring concerns i appriciate that! X

lyra my symptoms completely went at 9+3 and fef came back with a vengeance at 10 wks from what have read in so many posts ppl mc with or without and im tryin my best to be positive althou its so hard lol sad got scan a week today smile x

x0gawjus0x Tue 13-Aug-13 06:51:11

Ps could so eat a whole banoffee pie at 7am ahh :D

x0gawjus0x Tue 13-Aug-13 06:58:19

Oh sorry grey weve been together 3 years in oct smile he is 6 years older! i might make one just for the facebook group and just add you guys so he cant say anythin :-) ill msg you link when i get a chance to xx

Rockchick1984 Tue 13-Aug-13 07:15:30

Gaw that's good that he's getting better about it - I was treated badly by an ex and it took me a long time to stop feeling like DH was going to do the same even though logically I knew he wasn't like that. I now trust him 100% so hopefully your DP will get to that stage soon smile

Lyra agree that symptoms come and go, I felt almost normal a few days ago but back to chundering now although not as badly. Placenta takes over around weeks 11-13 which is why you start feeling better - baby is taking less directly from you!

9 days til my scan... Nervous already! I'm meeting a friend this morning for a playdate with the DC's and I'm pretty sure she will guess I'm pregnant - I'm very bloated despite having gained no weight yet and she knows I want another baby. May just tell her, if I ask her to keep it to herself she will but if I don't say anything she will be speculating with our mutual friends and I'd prefer as few folks to know as possible. What do you all think, tell or not?

Dabarai Tue 13-Aug-13 07:46:01

Lyra - my symptoms went away and before they came back I panicked and went for an early scan at my EPU. Then they came back again and now just easing off, so as far as I understand, this is all normal...

MummyPig I am worried too, even with the early scan you just never know, eh? My best friend had a mmc and I understand much better now how shocking her experience was. I just want to go to sleep and wake up next Tuesday! Hopefully work will take my mind off things. Gawjus, we are having scan on the same day!

MummyPig24 Tue 13-Aug-13 07:50:16

This bloody Wiggles DVD is never ending!! Why are they so smug and happy? I'm determined to stay in our pjs as long as possible today, bet we end up out by 10am though.

I really hope that when we go for the scan baby is fine. I'm glad we haven't told people though, just in case, I wouldn't want to have to explain what happened.

Slippersandacuppa Tue 13-Aug-13 08:08:07

Morning! Gawjus you sound like your head is very firmly screwed on and that you're happy with your situation. Good for him getting counselling, that takes guts. Amazing how you can worry for a total stranger!

Those flippin' wiggles. They're smug because they've out-earnt Kylie by singing nursery rhymes. We went to see them - kids loved it, husbands didn't. Fit-wiggle made it less painful! My kids love them.

I could do with one of those suits Madame, some of the nappies here are toxic.

I've not told anyone but if they've asked, I've confirmed. I'm sure they'll all notice at school drop off though - there's already a bump and I'm only 8.5wks!

MTBMummy Tue 13-Aug-13 08:29:20

Morning all, have dragged my nauseous arse into work this morning, only to throw up twice on the way here and once since i arrived feeling awful. I'm convinced it's the early, rushed starts that make it so much worse.

Lyra I know what you mean about something just not feeling right, I MC'd in May and while I kept all the symptoms something just didn't feel right the day before it happened. I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but I keep getting that feeling - we saw lil' bean at 7 weeks, and all was well, but having to wait until 12 weeks now, for the next reassurance is just killing me.

apprenticemamma Tue 13-Aug-13 08:47:31

quick question. am I being unreasonable to expect dh to come to scan? Date came through after he'd agreed arrangements to go on holiday up north with cousin, theyd been trying to organise for ages. Would anyone go with someone else e.g. their mum. Just keep thinking if something goes wrong would want him there. Thoughts?

Teddybear4 Tue 13-Aug-13 08:50:45

Apprentice - The problem with scans is that they aren't always at convenient times for both the parents to be. Last time, mine were always organised when DH was in some far flung corner of the UK. I'd take a friend or family member, even if just to remind you to do up your trousers, pick up your handbag and get some pics for DH.

faithfulandtruthful Tue 13-Aug-13 08:53:09

Hot I intend to have a homebirth with no intervention and no drugs. I plan to use TENS (when not in the water), Natel hypnotherepy (throughout) and give birth in the water. That is my intention, as long as all is well with me and baby. I am not unaware it could all go tits up and end completely differently but I'm keeping my eye on the prize so to speak!

I looked at the MW led unit in our local hospital, I watched the introduction video, it was such a joke they have two "homely" rooms which consist of a single bed with some scatter cushions and a throw, a plastic pot plant (doesn't everyone have one of those at home?), a CD player and a rug, its still a hospital bed, still a hospital room in a hospital. I thought I would rather do it at home thanks.

Lyra a week today (at 9weeks ish) it was like someone had turned down the intensity of my symptoms, I still have symptoms they are just much easier to deal with. When I talk about going for a scan I feel the need to qualify with as long as there is something there to find... So I am also feeling a little concerned but since there is nothing I can do, scan or no scan I'm trying not to dwell too much (easier said than done). Hope you manage to get through to yours without going too mad.

I have 0 bump, in fact I have lost weight since I became pregnant due to the small portion sizes and lack of desire to eat anything other than vegetables. It is not helping the "is there actually a baby in there" thoughts one bit.

F&T 9+6

MummyPig24 Tue 13-Aug-13 08:54:49

MTB how did your booking in go yesterday? Hope you feel better soon.

MTBMummy Tue 13-Aug-13 09:03:37

Just want to say happy birthday to emza78 - I think I have the date right

MTBMummy Tue 13-Aug-13 09:07:36

MummyPig it went ok thanks, but she had me in there for almost 2 hours, I'm sure it didn't take that long last time.

She did mention that as I'm concerned re VBAC vs Elec CS that she's going to arrange for me to chat with the consultant team at JR.

Now I just have to wait for my scan dates.

Re scans - I'll definitely be going with DP, not sure if we'll take DD with us, I'd like her to see, but if something has gone wrong, I'm not sure I want her to see me falling apart.

MummyPig24 Tue 13-Aug-13 09:11:54

Oh my gosh 2 hours? I was in there for an hour, I wasn't expecting it to be so long!

We are not taking the children to the scan, we didn't take ds when I had scans with dd. Our scan is at 10.15 almost an hour away so we will be dropping the children off at 9 at a friends. They are staying overnight at the in laws for the first time in 3 years the night before, but in laws are going on holiday the day of our scan so we will need to collect them at 8.30.

IceNoSlice Tue 13-Aug-13 09:25:15

Morning all. In a bit of a rush for work, so can't say much. Lyra hope you're feeling happier today. Folks who are planning home birth etc - I'm impressed you've put do much thought in already! It still seems a loooong way away for me!

Please could someone start a new thread and link to it before we run out of posts? I'm thinking 'Martians' needs to be in the title somewhere grin

MTBMummy Tue 13-Aug-13 09:40:45

Thread 4 Here

greymoose Tue 13-Aug-13 11:24:05

Thread 4 Here

greymoose Tue 13-Aug-13 11:24:10

Thread 4 Here

greymoose Tue 13-Aug-13 11:24:14

Thread 4 Here

greymoose Tue 13-Aug-13 11:24:18

Thread 4 Here

greymoose Tue 13-Aug-13 11:24:21

Thread 4 Here

greymoose Tue 13-Aug-13 11:24:25

Thread 4 Here

This thread is not accepting new messages.