Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013- We've managed to hold them in!

(991 Posts)
fl0b0t Tue 30-Jul-13 17:28:11

Hi all! Providing the ladies who are currently in hospital don't give birth before the last 20 posts in our old thread, we've made it to a new one with babies all still staying put for now!

Here's the stats thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/a1694946-September-2013-STATS-THREAD

Welcome newbies! If anyone wants to join the FB group (better for sharing documents and pictures), please message myself or jennimoo with your real life name and email address and we can add you to the group!

:-)

HettySunshine Tue 30-Jul-13 18:07:26

Eeeekkkk! We're all going to be mummies, really soon! Eeeekkkk!

fl0b0t Tue 30-Jul-13 18:13:35

:-D

Kittenkatzen Tue 30-Jul-13 18:16:53

Marking place....and joining in with hetty's eeeeeeeeking!! grin

eeek from me too! Having an interesting time on my training course, am thoroughly tired out and lying in the bath now with tonight's homework still to do. Not looking forward to the temperature climbing after this nice rainy spell either. DS's birthday on Saturday, I hope I'm not wilting in a corner...

DH and lovely cleaner/decorator friend have finished painting the walls and skirtings in the spare room, so we can put the sofabed back in place and be prepared for live-in help to arrive if required. Lovely friend is also happy to be phoned in the event of us needing to transfer to hosp, to be there in the house for DS.

Had many many BH today (but I think that may have just been due to sitting still on conference room chairs for long stretches), also averaging 1.5 downstairs evacuations per 24h, and was sick up a bit of my lunch today. 36w exactly...

TripleRock Tue 30-Jul-13 19:00:49

Just marking my place. Excited to hear news of actual babies on this thread!

Got consultant appointment tomorrow to try and pencil in some decisions re vbac v elcs. Feels like a pretty big deal... Even more so because DH is coming with. Wish us luck

JammyTummy Tue 30-Jul-13 19:34:40

It's a good job that those scales aren't yet tipping at the wrong end cause I've been on an awful binge today! I think it all started cause I wasn't able to have my breakfast at the usual time.
Anyway... Cup a soup, half a pork pie, big bag of poppin chips (or popped chips, whatever they're called), a bag of gummy sweeties, two cans of coke, two tunnocks tea cakes, plus my dinner (which was yummy home made wasabi tuna burgers do I don't feel too bad about that). I think it's now come to the point I've eaten so much crap I might as well just enjoy the rest of the day and be better tomorrow.

Right...?

Kittenkatzen Tue 30-Jul-13 19:43:09

Excellent work jammy - I'm pretty sure it's ice cream o'clock for you! grin

CharlW1 Tue 30-Jul-13 19:46:34

Marking place smile

weebarra Tue 30-Jul-13 20:12:32

Well, still stuck in. They're not happy with my urate levels which are an indicator of PE. Had high bp with previous 2, but urate levels were lower. Should correspond with gestation, I'm 34 weeks, urates are 39.
I miss my boys!!

CharlW1 Tue 30-Jul-13 20:37:31

Thinking if you Weebarra it must be doubly rotten being in hospital when your boys are at home - your definitely in the right place though.

I'm crossing everything that I'll be home tomorrow!

Dorita75 Tue 30-Jul-13 20:53:39

I hope you're home soon weebarra and charl you're in the right place for now.

I really really really want some chocolate but can't be bothered going out. DP is away until tomorrow. I'll have to settle for a hot chocolate.

Is anyone getting nosebleeds? Or just when they blow their nose?

Quick comment on other things people are mentioning: BH-I've had the 'hard tummy' feeling for months for no feelings inside; no leaky boobs; after last week's food poisoning I'd returned to normal but am now 'looser' as someone else said....

ION I dreamt I was Kate Middleton last night, that's the only even slightly baby related dream I've had!!

I am losing my mind. Can't find my travel card anywhere. Had it in my hand when DH picked me up from the station, but its not in my backpack or my lunch bag, not in the pocket of the trousers in the wash basket, can't see it round the house. I'm not going out to the car to look, I'm in my PJs now. Why would I have put it down in there anyway? Oh yes, coz I'm losing my mind.

SGJ Tue 30-Jul-13 22:11:08

Oh dear, sorry some of you are having a rough time of it. Hopefully you'll all be home soon (if at hospital) - though possibly with a baby!!
I'm officially on holiday now, mat leave kicks in on due date (28th) but today was first day at home whilst DD was at nursery. Managed to blitz the upstairs which is now gleaming and smells of furniture polish. V satisfied. Also did a massive supermarket shop at a snail's pace rather than quick dash around with grumpy toddler. Brilliant!
Will be tackling the downstairs on Thursday and am inordinately excited about finally having a clean house - hopefully those of you also on mat leave can appreciate my nesting!!
however baby can't arrive until next week as have FIL staying all weekend and everything that is baby related has had to be dumped in a big pile elsewhere so he can stay in what will be the nursery. grrr.

Mooster1709 Tue 30-Jul-13 23:02:19

Just marking my place smile

RunningBear78 Wed 31-Jul-13 06:56:43

rake can totally relate to mind loosing. Went swimming at the weekend and couldn't find my goggles (which were on my head) or shoes (confusingly on my feet) sigh. Makes life so difficult when you have a memory span of about 12 seconds.

Had an odd dream about baby being born, but huge (as in the size of a 1 year old) talking not interested in breast feeding, just wanted to watch telly, and he was eating feta cheese but dropping it all over the sofa. All really strange and I didn't really like him at all sad

thoughts and hugs to those in hospital flowers

CharlW1 Wed 31-Jul-13 08:07:55

Just seen the midwife who checked my blood pressure and babies heartbeat. Everything is fine and baby is having a good wriggle. I have to see the doctor (they've said mid morning but not holding my breath) and then I hope I'm discharged.
I haven't had any more bleeding - hopefully they can say why it happened. I know I'll be taking it easy from now on though!

Wee hope you're ok flowers

twintrimum Wed 31-Jul-13 08:22:45

Great news, charl.

Marking my place too.

Oh good news Charl!

Found travel card, in bag in the pocket that I thought I had put it in all along. blush

Had a horrible dream about having to leave baby newborn with my grandparents (who are in their 80s, lovely, but last did child rearing in the 50s!!) and only got to collect baby after three days, by which time he/she was sitting in the car seat on the sofa merrily spooning porridge into his own mouth and giggling away. I woke up feeling so anxious and protective and baby (IRL) was kicking away. In fact I was laid on my side and baby did a big stretching push with legs which actually pushed me over a bit! and then I rocked back into place when the leg stretch was relaxed. Baby's using me as a leg press machine in a David Lloyd gym!!

kipsonline Wed 31-Jul-13 09:03:04

Great dream running!!
Hope you get out soon wee and Charl. Good news the Bubbas are happy at least.
Jammy if it makes you feel better, my parents have v kindly had the boys for a sleepover. I have made the most of it by having 4 meals out in 2 days to catch up with diff groups of friends. Feel like I might explode :-/
I daren't get on the scales, although last week when I checked I hadn't gained any weight since 30 weeks, so holding at +2 stone. Happy with that!
Off to acupuncture now, 36 weeks today, so induction booked in 2 weeks. Cannot believe I will have another baby in a fortnight.. Major eek.

flipflump Wed 31-Jul-13 09:24:52

Sorry to hear about all these hospital stays, hope you get home soon.

I've just had my GTT results, came back positive. Slightly gutted this hadn't been discovered until 34 weeks. I presented at booking in with high BMI and have measured big since 28 weeks. Feel a bit let down that I could have been receiving treatment for weeks. This baby is going to be a whopper!!!

CharlW1 Wed 31-Jul-13 10:14:17

Just seen the consultant and have to have anti d and steroid injection and then I can go home!
I have to go to my hospital tomorrow to get another steroid injection and also ask to see the diabetic team as the consultant said that if I were under there care I would be on insulin!

Things I would add to the hospital list is a mirror - putting contact lenses in using a tiny one for putting lipstick on was not easy and also a water spray or fan - have been so hot on this ward!

fl0b0t Wed 31-Jul-13 10:40:09

Good advice charl thanks! Hope you're out soon!

Also had a weird dream- just that I was a man though.

My hands are getting so painful. Gone from Pins and Needles in my last two fingers on each hand in the mornings to not being able to bend my fingers for a few minutes when I get up in the morning, and them feeling stiff and arthritic all day! Carpal Tunnel- FUN!

twintrimum Wed 31-Jul-13 11:07:52

Fl0 mine are the same. Some fingers numb all the time but both hands really stiff in the morning. Before I left work I got to the point where I couldn't use the stapler etc. I find that if I can put them in hot or cold water for a few minutes then they improve for a while (but are still as bad the next morning). Sadly this means I start the day by doing the washing up!!

EmmaDee Wed 31-Jul-13 11:21:16

Cheers for the advice on the back pain. Unfortunately my company dont like to spend money! I think I'd be off on maternity by the time I get some back support. Have rolled up my cardi and am using that.

YY to the weird joints in the morning, I was worrying about that. I keep waking on my right hand side, with funny arms/legs and hands, most of it goes by the time I've waddled to the kitchen for my coffee!!

Have just found out Im on a course with work which will clash with my 33 week mw appointment, should I change it to the week before or the week after?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now