Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

we've smacked that rat now brooking for healthy pregnancys and sneeze births!

(1000 Posts)

hope everyone finds me. confused

Crikey that's an impressive roll call smile and lots more to add soon too smilesmile isn't it Cups to confirm next?

keepitgoing Wed 31-Jul-13 11:05:10

Argh, next to sneeze.... Not for a long time yet, kip.

I am 22+5, due November 29th.

Lots going on. Found an ok, not brill, house to rent. Hoping to move in next Friday but they have to wait for Nhs references............. Then I can go to the gp, as at the moment I'm not under anyone's care. Plus we are selling our old house, and I'm starting a job in late August. New job at 27 weeks? Perfect...

Can I ask old timers, those who did nct, did you bother joining up, or just did the classes? I think I've missed the boat with the hospital's AN classes.

sparks did you sneeze at the women's hospital?

Oh, btw, I still get v tired. Not as bad since maybe 15 weeks, but its still there.

Going for fish and chips today. Yum.

solars lovely news on your scan yesterday smile oh, I stopped the cyclogest at 9 weeks. Got v stressed about it but all was fine. The evidence doesn't show benefit after that, but I guess you just listen to your clinic. After all, they got us this fat! It's manky stuff though, hey!

maybe, you seem to be doing quite well, are you enjoying it or just too worried? 6 weeks is great. One day at a time.

keepitgoing Wed 31-Jul-13 11:12:26

This far, I meant to write. But, let's face it, this fat too!!

Right, so we have ~~~

Penguin 4 weeks with Chick due 5th April
Maybe 6 weeks with  Fin due 26th March
Solars 11w1d with  Sunbeam due 18th February
Trix 15+4wks with  Treats due 18th January
Sweetie 18w1d With dib and dab due December
Keep 22+5 weeks with Kip due 29th November

smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

<gives solars a big kiss> lovely scan news!

Lovely to see so many of you on here!

keep I did nct when pg with ds but quite honestly it was more about making some new friends than actually learning about how to give birth (anything I did learn went straight out the window when it actually happened). I am still friends with all of them though and thats nearly 6 years ago now! So could well be worth it but I guess it depends on what you want to get out of it. It was really nice in the early days when we were all on mat leave and lived pretty near each other as if you don't know many people who are about during the day it can get a bit lonely/ relentless whereas if there are people you can just have a cup of tea at your house/ local caff/ park type thing it seems to just make it a bit easier/ less full on.
I have heard great things about hypnobirthing although never personally tried it. With dd I didn't do anything and it was all fine. Had her at 3.30am an hour and a half after getting to hospital and was home by 4pm. I would fully recommend a tens machine though. They rock.

keepitgoing Wed 31-Jul-13 15:00:21

Yeah, well I have no friends, so I think nct will be good. I looked at hypnobirthing but think it's not for us, but tens sounds good. I can't believe I'm having to think about all this grin

So happy at all the brooking babies coming along. We had a bit of a gap there after sparks but now we are back on track.

keepitgoing Wed 31-Jul-13 15:01:06

No friends where we are moving to, I mean...

Withalittlesparkle Wed 31-Jul-13 17:17:23

Keep I just did the antenatal NCT class, really good, totally worth it! In fact I've just come back from meeting with the girls I met, first time with all our babies!! Worth the money but can't see me doing anything else with NCT!

I did indeed sneeze (although it was a pretty painful sneeze) at the women's, the Birth Centre is amazing, and if you can opt for delivery there I would completely recommend it! (Not sure where you set up camp but I'm not overly keen on what I've heard about Good Hope (or No Hope as the locals would call it)

I've got my 16wk midwife appointment 2mora, what goes on at that. I know she'll prob listen to the heartbeat but what else?

SweetieTime Wed 31-Jul-13 18:57:25

Trix not a lot happened at mine. she went through my booking in blood tests, dipped my pee sample, did my blood pressure and listened to hb. I do have dink midwife so I would not be surprised if she didn't do all she should.

sorry in advance for being a thicko but what is nct? I know it is birth classes but how do you arrange and what does it cost? Who tells you about them? is it something that will be covered at 20 week scan?

I have booked a TAMBA seminar - practical parenting for multiples. It covers last few weeks of pregnancy, what to ask at appointments then the first few weeks with your new arrivals. How to cope with 2 and practical tips & advice. This is in early Sept so good timing for us. I am looking forward to it already.

Evening you lovely lot. Sorry for radio silence, have been up north all day. An still not home, but less than an hour away now.

The list is looking pretty respectable!!

Good news on the house Keep. Will you look for somewhere to buy once yor house has sold?

I don't feel like I'm doing very well (as I'm are the lovely Sparks will testify too!) but I think compared to some I'm ok. I'm finding the tiredness really debilitating, but I'm ok smile. I so enjoy reaching each weekly marker <saddo>

Just looking forward to the 13th when I can know either way what's occurring down there!

Withalittlesparkle Wed 31-Jul-13 23:45:08

Sweetie just google NCT and find a class near you, you won't get told about them through your midwife but sounds like TAMBA might be similar anyway!!

I will testify to nothing Maybe except that you're a perfectly normal newly pregnant woman with the same worries and concerns as everyone else! You're doing great especially considering you're dealing with two hugely important changes new pregnancy and new job!!

In fact you're all doing amazing!!

Morning smile

Sorry Sweetie can't help with your n c t question, didn't even bother with the ante natal classes the last 2 times blush

Good luck with your appointment today Trix do report back with lovely heart beat news. My 16 week was similar to Sweetie dip the wee, check the blood pressure, listen to the heart beat and look through the notes for results. Not too exciting.

<grabs Sparks for a big bear hug>

Maybe you're doing amazing! Give yourself a break, you're growing a whole new person you know!

Right, going to see if K will be super nice and give me my boob back smile

GreenOlives Thu 01-Aug-13 08:58:31

Morning all glowing preggos!
Loving the list - so pleased that the brooking is working again and the bfps are rolling in!
So keep you're next - exciting! I can second the tens recommendation, it's a good distraction from the labour pain iyswim? I did also use a natal hypnotherapy cd in the last few weeks and I found it very relaxing (sent me to sleep every time!) and I think it helped me to stay calmer during labour. I know you said you didn't think it would be your thing but your very welcome to have mine if you fancy a listen? I also have a pregnancy yoga dvd if you'd like that too? Just pm your address and I'll post them to you. You can pass them onto another brooker afterwards smile

GreenOlives Thu 01-Aug-13 09:00:17

you're not your! I hate bad grammar but EVERY time I post on my phone I do something like that! smile

Morning everyone!

Keep tens machines are great. I've used them before for pain they give a nice massage too.

I quite like the idea of hypnobirthing. Ive heard good things. Though I'm normally a skeptic too!!

Thanks for the pep talk Sparks and Boo grin

I do it too Olives grin

all done. nice strong heartbeat. I'm do relieved!

*so

SweetieTime Thu 01-Aug-13 10:52:52

Trix that is great news. I am so pleased for you. It is so reassuring to hear the hb.

Oh Trix that's great news smilesmile

Wohoo Trix!

ThedementedPenguin Thu 01-Aug-13 11:26:38

trix it's great isn't it. I love hearing the heart beat.

I'm so impatient, I hate waiting for things. I've only known I'm pregnant 5 days and I'm sick of the waiting.

For my first I got pregnant on the pill and didn't know my dates so when I went for my scan I was 9 weeks but it all seemed to happen so quick.

Has anyone joined the antenatal groups on here? You know the month your due in ones?

Solars Thu 01-Aug-13 11:43:26

Trix excellent news!

I haven't Penguin I find it difficult to keep up with the brookers as it is.

Sweetie my midwife mentioned the nct classes at my booking in and advised me to start looking at which one I wanted at around 12 weeks as they book up quite quickly. There was a page in my maternity book/notes about them but I don't get that handed back until 12 weeks. Strange how all these trusts do everything differently.

Keep you're starting work in August, wow! I'm not too sure about hypnobirthing either but I do meditation so I'm hoping that may help. I'm really keen to start exercising (ie yoga) soon too, I was advised by the clinic not to do any yoga after transfer in the 2ww and haven't done any since too scared and most classes say to start at 12 weeks. I have though been using the exercise bike very gently mind you and been doing my thigh squats as my thighs have grown loads!!! A cousin of mine used to rave about a tens machine so I may look into that further along the line.

Maybe I think up until the first scan is very scary, but we're all brooking you'll be fine.

sad our family dogs just been put to sleep.

This thread is not accepting new messages.