Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

we've smacked that rat now brooking for healthy pregnancys and sneeze births!

(1000 Posts)

hope everyone finds me. confused

Found you grin now, would you like help with a welcome buffet <brings in vol au vonts, canapes and pineapple and cheese on sticks grin

ah wonderful, was just contemplating snack choices. perhaps some mocktails too.
<fluffs cushions>

Ooh mocktails, don't mind if I do grin lovely new thread by the way, love what you've done with the place!

<makes a tray of naice ham sandwiches and leaves a bowl of pombears bear>

Oooo pom bears grin aren't we posh!
the other brookers had better hurry up or I might snaffel the buffet.

GreenOlives Mon 29-Jul-13 18:57:02

Found you! Just in time before trix eats all the buffet! grin
<eats all the cheese and pineapple on sticks as it's my fav!>

hi olives! grin. mocktail?

ThedementedPenguin Mon 29-Jul-13 19:25:21

Anything left for me? Or have I arrived too late?

I'm starved. Dinner taking too long to cook and my stomach is so sore.

So I have just spent the whole day with my baby cousin who may or may not have the chicken pox.

hey penguin sandwich?
hope you've already had chicken pox

keepitgoing Mon 29-Jul-13 19:43:03

I'm here too!

ThedementedPenguin Mon 29-Jul-13 20:14:37

cartoon I've had dinner. Feel so much better.

Yes I've had chicken pox when I was a child. So I should be okay.

Do you think everyone else has gotten lost?

Here you all are grin

My it's been a long day brookers. First day of the new job and I nearly passed out on the tube. It's just too hot for transport grin. But my boss took the news so brilliantly, which has relaxed me no end. Just got to get to the 13th now!

Not long till your birthday now Trix!

You should be fine Penguin, fingers crossed they don't have it!

Olives I love cheese and pineapple on a stick!

Thanks for the bravissimo advice ladies. I think I'll be needing a trip soon!

Withalittlesparkle Mon 29-Jul-13 21:38:57

oooooh a buffet!! Don't mind if I do!!

So how are my lovely preggo brookers doing? I'm finally getting the hang of this motherhood malarkey, even if Rory is clingy during the day which means I can only really sit on the sofa cuddling him and stuffing my face (am allowing myself till 6 weeks before I start dieting)

Maybe you must be careful in this heat. I always felt awful commuting, to a point where Matt had to start taking me in.

SweetieTime Mon 29-Jul-13 21:55:19

<rushes in with a plate of mini sausages rolls, scotch eggs and cocktail sausages on sticks>
<hides M&S picnic selection packaging>

Trix lovely new fred and fantastic buffet selection for all us eating for 2 or 3

Well we are all moved in which is such a relief so I now can look forward two weeks until my next scan. There are still a few jobs to complete but we are 90% there which is great.
Nothing much to report on preggo front, bump is coming along nicely although I am still concerned - natch

Penguin many congratulations on your BFP. I am looking at a Mountain Duet double, I think this is more for twins. It is the narrowest double side by side on the market. We also loved the Oyster Max which is more toddler & newborn but one DC has to sit underneath. I thought it was very easy to push and manoeuvrable.

We are looking at a Mazda 5 with the sliding doors as our now family car van I think we are going to look properly from September onwards so I can get the most having the room down on my Fiat 500.

On the bra front I am still in my pre-BFP bras blush so really need to get myself down to Bravisimo quick smart.

morning
<lays out decafe tea & coffee, pastries, mini muffins etc>
are we all present and correct now, where's solars?
sweetie you must get to a bra shop pronto, surely your poor squashed norks are in desperate need!

You know the catering on this thread is really top notch grin

<sidles in with freshly baked bread with oil and vinegar for dipping>

<instead of dipping, fills with left over cocktail sausages and scoffs the lot>

Hello brookers. How are we all today? I'm sucking on a mint trying not to pass out on my keyboard. How is it possible to be this tired?

Tell me something exciting brookers.

SweetieTime Tue 30-Jul-13 11:27:16

maybe I just used my new washing machine for the first time. ok this is not very exciting in the scheme of things but I am excited by it [saddo emoticon]

oh maybe wish I had something to tell. I am also trying not to fall asleep on my keyboard. I am still that tired!

Solars Tue 30-Jul-13 11:34:09

I'm here Trix lovely new thread and spread too!

Exciting?... Well I had my last scan at argc today, sunbeam is growing nicely and was wriggling around loads so it was difficult for the dr to get measurements! I can't believe I'll be 12 weeks next week! Just hope all is ok!

Loving the name Fin btw way Maybe I knew you'd come up with something good Boo

I've had a lovely weekend with parents, it was fantastic being looked after!!

grin Sweetie

Will try and post a bit later as I'm on the train back home x

Yay Solars!!!! I can't believe it's nearly 12 weeks!!! So excited for you x

Sweetie I too would be excited by this grin

Face you're meant to say you're full of energy now you're in the second trimester grin

yay solars its going quick now! or is it just me.
I know, sorry maybe I'm waiting for the energy to hit. i still feel sick sometimes too
oh we are redecorating the guest room my dressing room at the moment that's quite exciting. but maybe that's just because I'm looking forward to organising my clothes in to the new Ikea wardrobe.

Decorating is exciting Trix!! Boo to still feeling sick sad

SweetieTime Tue 30-Jul-13 12:39:55

woo hoo Solars 12 weeks already. Time is wizzing by. are you having a nhs scan soon? Are you having the NT screening or is that part of the harmony tests?

Trix dressing room sounds very posh

sweetie its really not. my dream is to have a proper room! its just our clothes won't all fit in our room so we have to spill out into the other bedroom. I've never met anyone who owns as many clothes as me!

This thread is not accepting new messages.