Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre-labour... Maybe??

(8 Posts)
lola1980 Mon 29-Jul-13 12:20:23

Hi all, I'm 39wks with my first and for the past three days I've been getting tons more braxton hicks, along with period-type cramping. I've not been too worried because I can sleep through it, but last night the pains woke me several times. The pain is almost constant though and doesn't come in waves... Could this be pre labour, or am I being rather optimistic??

countrymummy13 Mon 29-Jul-13 14:24:08

I spent my entire first labour wondering what on earth these 'waves' were we're told to look out for.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest getting on the phone to your midwife pronto.

lola1980 Mon 29-Jul-13 14:39:50

I don't want to come across as too anxious about it though, because it could be something and nothing couldn't it? She'll probably tell me I'll know when it's for real, that's what everyone else keeps telling me. I'm so eager to get this baby out that I'm wondering if I'm reading too much into it hmm

countrymummy13 Mon 29-Jul-13 18:53:35

I don't suppose for one minute any MW is going to tell you you're being over anxious.

I was induced for my first and was wandering around the hospital wondering why my back ached so much and was shocked when MW told me I was 8 cms!!! So, it's not necessarily true that you know when it's coming.

You could wait until you see the head poking through, but personally I'd get it seen to.

How are you feeling now?

lola1980 Mon 29-Jul-13 19:29:39

Haha yeah I'd definitely know it was happening once there's a head poking out. I'm feeling ok actually, got on with my day relatively easily, it seems to get worse when I sit down and try to relax. I'm thinking it's just the BH increasing paired with LO's head pressing down. My mw runs her clinic on a tues morning so I'll give her a ring tomorrow smile

countrymummy13 Wed 31-Jul-13 21:46:06

Have you had the baby yet?! grin

MortifiedAdams Wed 31-Jul-13 21:46:56

^this

lola1980 Thu 01-Aug-13 08:44:00

Unfortunately not! Still hanging in there... I went to see the midwife who said I'm in latent labour and it could last a week or so. This depressed me however she did say that every contraction is doing something, so hopefully the active stage should be shorter. Still having contractions which are quite painful but I can still get on with things smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now