Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The PESH are getting busy and looking out for a cluster diff!!

(1000 Posts)
pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 20:53:02

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), Faithlet arrived 14.04.13
fertilityFTW (34) date needed.
pinkr, (33), any day now!!, DC1 due 22/08/2013
Jethro (36) head in the sand Edd 071013
Frankel (32) nauseous and knackered Edd 4/3/14
Noks - info needed
Sinky - info needed

Done my best - apologies for any misinformation or omissions!

Boom!

KatAndKit Wed 13-Nov-13 16:38:56

Great news on scan driz must be a huge relief. You iz having a baybee!

dor do you get the option to do clomid again to ttc number 2 or do you have to go through the trying for a year on your own first?

babies don't give a shit about interior design. Decorating a nursery is not necessary. They are in your room at first anyway. By the age of one id say that you need a bigger place but until then, all you need is space for a cot, a space for a folded buggy, an area for toys and a couple if drawers for clothes (get a cot with under bed storage). We did decorate the baby room in advance but we just painted the walls plain white. Time enough for a theme when he is two or three and has a preference on the subject.

evilgiraffe Wed 13-Nov-13 15:48:51

Hurrah! Excellent news, driz smile You're about a week and a half ahead of me (8+7 today).

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Wed 13-Nov-13 15:37:05

The scan was good and we're into normal care now smile 10+4 according to dates, EDD 7/6/14... I can only weep with relief. Maybe it will sink in now. The bean had grown legs and was incredibly twisty, turny. Crap pics, but an amazing hear beat.

FriendofDorothy Wed 13-Nov-13 15:29:19

Last time my journey was as followed, 20 cycles of fruitless shagging followed by one HSG and one round of Clomid and suddenly a bfp.

Hmmm. Was hoping for an instant win this time. I am wondering if my cycles have sorted themself out yet <vain hope>.

SinkyMalinks Wed 13-Nov-13 15:18:50

Howdy folks. Hope scanage good Draf. Happy birfday Noks. Sorry crazydog remains insane Jeff.

There really is a lot of PESH atm!

Minibreak was amazballs. Don't think I need to eat for a week (and I had a glass of wine on Monday AND Tuesday. Scandalous behaviour). Will add a photo to t'other place.

Thanks for agreeing to sort a new fred Frank. My edd is 18/3/14 to save you hunting.

JethroTull Wed 13-Nov-13 09:30:13

Brilliant news on the scan Kat

Happy birthday Noks

Hello to everyone else - MiniJeff has been keeping me busy, our heating is not working, CrazyDog is getting crazier & I am going slowly insane grin

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Wed 13-Nov-13 08:53:39

Draf ta for that you made me chuckle. I read a pregnancy book that banned all sorts of stuff on the "it might harm the baby" grounds, not supported by any evidence... I got really worked up, until SB reminded me that I am a scientist and I should just go with what the evidence (and our very evidence-based clinic) say. It is hard when you get unreasonably worked up about nonsense, but I reckon the suceptibility has to do with hormone levels.

As to decoration, we live in a tiny 1-bedroomed flat, since I point blank refused to move til we know whether this will work (as I have nightmares of living in a child friendly neighbourhood barren). So we've decided we're staying here, no intention to move soon either. Our decoration will involve clearing some clutter from the living room so we can have a changing table and clearing some clutter from the bedroom so we can have a cot. That is it...

We have a scan today, if all goes well we'll be released into normal care. Handy way to move all the rocks out of the bowel. Feeling crap though...

evilgiraffe Wed 13-Nov-13 08:25:24

Thanks for volunteering, Frank. Like winks and driz, I'm just too scared.

What's going on today, driz?

I've been reading a pregnancy book that HOTB got for the kindle - mostly useful, some happy-clappy nonsense, and some things that are utterly baffling. For instance, the idea that you may live in a house that is too small to have a dedicated nursery/baby's room is not, apparently, an option. I am now getting guilt because it keeps saying "new parents feel they're welcoming their new addition when they decorate the nursery", but we (a) don't have a room to decorate, and (b) I hate decorating with a passion in any case. HOTB points out that babies won't give a crap, but I still feel like I'm already failing, even on something so trivial... confused

I had a disturbed night too, but mostly down to the cat hmm She decided she wanted to snuggle in with me for warmth but decided the best way to let me know this was to sit on me and purr loudly whilst patting me on the nose.

I'm happy to do the new fred if others are not feeling up to it, but you'll have to wait till later today as I'll need to trawl back through this one to get everyone's EDD as well as ackshual droppage dates.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Wed 13-Nov-13 07:37:42

Chuckle at LM's nighttime offerings. I should have known, was awake from 3am too, needed to produce a massive poo. Nothing like a scan on the cards to make my bowels active
<too chatty for an early morning?>

Agree completely with winks on the fragile feeling. So I'd rather not start a fred. If all goes well today, I might be happy to submit a due date though...

Oh and I did a long post on the train yesterday, which said sorry about droidal invasion, dot. And the Mister is not "helping you out" but perhaps doing some of his share. May it continue.

Oh and loads of witty things that I've since forgotten!

LazyMachine Wed 13-Nov-13 03:28:17

That is all.

<bows, exits stage left>

LazyMachine Wed 13-Nov-13 03:26:44

And now that I'm on a posting roll, I'll just add that it's incredibly annoying that everyone in my household is fast asleep, have been for hours, and I'm STILL awake. Bloody insomnia. Nothing worse than being awake long into the night while your baby sleeps on blissfully ignorant to the fact that while he's had 11 glorious hours of uninterrupted sleep you will in fact be absolutely exhausted by his 6.00am wake up time.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

LazyMachine Wed 13-Nov-13 03:17:51

^

Oops. Current nom de jour which I will now probably change again! This is why I never post anymore - I only ever seem to have time at 3.00am and it's just far too complicated at this hour...

<Longs for easy breezy anonymous LP days>

TinyDynamite Wed 13-Nov-13 03:04:08

Btw, Jeff - we're no longer connected on t'other place and I've been really curious about what you named MiniJeff - please PM me!! smile

LazyMachine Wed 13-Nov-13 03:01:14

Hey you differs! Just wanted to give a wee shout out (but not too loudly as wouldn't want to wake up not-so-LazyBoy)

I second the Bednest (& they do rentals now) - a brilliant piece of baby kit. And the Lansinoh - ver soothing for cold pokey-outy-preggo nips.

For future freds, LB was born 7/2/13. Today he is exactly the age of his gestation date (38 wks, 6 days). grin

Glad to see these parts teeming with ESH.

<rubs bellies and offers Brie>

MyNameIsWinkly Wed 13-Nov-13 01:51:53

I think it might be an idea for you or sinks or norks to do it frank - I can't speak for kat, draf or driz, but for me this diffment still feels a little new and fragile to make a commitment like that.

Sorry about the droid dor, maybe next time. I don't think I was around much for your win. What was your journeee last time round?

Sorry to hear that Dor sad

Who's going to assume responsibility for the new Fred? We need some EDD's for the OP from our most recent differs!

FriendofDorothy Tue 12-Nov-13 12:42:50

Knicker watch didn't last very long sad

Droidal invasion has commenced.

evilgiraffe Tue 12-Nov-13 11:29:30

Happy birthday, Noks!

Happy Frankel, Frank! grin

FriendofDorothy Tue 12-Nov-13 08:43:04

I am doing ok, we are only the second day in and so far The Mister is helping me out Whether he can keep it up (fnar fnar) remains to be seen!

I am lucky the The Little Mister has a brilliant nanny so that makes a huge difference and she is only around the corner if there are problems. That is defiitely the benefit of living on an island the size of a postage stamp.

In other news I am on knicker watch. I dream of an instandiff like KitKat but fear it will be unlikely.

Happy birthday Nokks!! Glad you had a good meal, despite the inner acrobatics! I've not found a pattern that seems to set Turnip off yet, but we'll experiment and see!

24 weeks today, rapidly approaching viability shock, and relief of course.

As a treat I'm off to see my namesake on Friday grin it'll be interesting to see how he's developed in the year since I last saw him. The stallions take on a whole new body shape and muscle tone once they're on active covering duty - tis very impressive.

Had my second ante natal class last night. Still loving it grin My fellow barrener at the class (39, diffed on 3rd IVF cycle) admitted she was having a tough time. She failed the lucozade test last week so has to go back this week for another test to confirm/rule out GD. She said her husband had a stillborn little girl in his first marriage and she's terrified that potential GD puts her at an even higher risk. Poor thing.

FaithTheVampireSlayer Tue 12-Nov-13 07:28:58

Happy birthday Nokkienoo! smile

Nokkie73 Mon 11-Nov-13 22:44:28

We went for a Chinese with my folks, brother and CASAF. T'was lovely - just got back now. I am also gaseous twonks. Everything gives me the gases. Not so much the bottom gasses but muchos belchy gasses. It is the only birthday in living memory I haven't been absolutely fucking shitfaced. I have to say, as I was being kicked in the foof by the nipper (during the entire meal - food makes it terribly excited) I realised that as sober I was, I couldn't be happier. I know how bloody lucky I am to be diffed.

I really hope it all goes well for your MIL tomorrow twonkytonks. She sounds as though she is trying to keep it all together. X

This thread is not accepting new messages.