Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The PESH are getting busy and looking out for a cluster diff!!

(1000 Posts)
pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 20:53:02

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), Faithlet arrived 14.04.13
fertilityFTW (34) date needed.
pinkr, (33), any day now!!, DC1 due 22/08/2013
Jethro (36) head in the sand Edd 071013
Frankel (32) nauseous and knackered Edd 4/3/14
Noks - info needed
Sinky - info needed

Done my best - apologies for any misinformation or omissions!

Nokkie73 Mon 29-Jul-13 17:08:41

twonks I have just caught-up on the other board and thought I would offer my MC experience. I unexpectedly bled (which is how I knew I could be miscarrying) and it pretty much stopped. We were up at CASAF's Dad's for the weekend which was just rubbish. Went to the hospital, which was a waste of time because it was a Sunday and they couldn't do anything. We came home on the Monday morning and went straight to the EPU and they confirmed that I had mc'd. I then had nothing - no bleeding or pain. I was just at home, waiting for it to happen.....a week and a half went by and just nothing. In the end, I booked myself in for an ERPC because the waiting at home for it to start was like slow torture. I just wanted an end to the whole thing. The only caution I would sound with an ERPC is that it could have been a factor in my difficulty conceiving afterwards - the ivf consultant said that it was a possibility. Obviously until they have a rummage around your womble they can't tell for sure but it's something to consider.

I hope that helps.xx

JethroTull Mon 29-Jul-13 17:33:05

Twinks I am so so sorry. It is unfair & horrid that you have to go through this. I don't have the words to make you feel any better apart from feel free to rant / vent in here.

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 29-Jul-13 22:23:29

sinks I am.sincerely hoping and praying that everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow x

SinkyMalinks Mon 29-Jul-13 23:02:18

Thanks Twinks. I'm fucking terrified.

How are you coping?

Nokkie73 Mon 29-Jul-13 23:08:27

slinks good luck tomorrow. Xx

twonks how are you doing ?

JethroTull Tue 30-Jul-13 06:18:36

Hope everything goes ok today Sinky.

Twinks - did you manage to get some sleep? Hope you're being looked after today.

TWinklyLittleStar Tue 30-Jul-13 06:38:27

I didn't sleep brilliantly. Honestly I'm not doing wildly well. But the PESH isn't the place for this, I'm just hanging about to make sure sinks is ok - and she will be, the universe isn't that bloody unfair - then I'm going to let you lovely lot get on with it.

SinkyMalinks Tue 30-Jul-13 07:55:38

Oh twink. You're so lovely. I'll let you know how I get on.

Good luck today Sinky

Twinks again I don't have the words to say how sorry I am, but you are in my thoughts.

Nokkie73 Tue 30-Jul-13 13:00:26

twinks it's such a shame you won't be around here. For now. We will have to catch-up with you on the other board. I found that there were no quick answers to any of it, so don't put yourself under any pressure to get some. Take your time and seek whatever help you feel you need. Do whatever you need to do (cry, get pissed, laugh, go on holiday, stay in bed, whatever) and just be kind to yourself. None of this is your fault and none of it is fair - it's all steaming pile of dog shit. That said, we are all here for you if you did want to chat, rant or get some advice. We LUFFS you Twinkles.

Nxx

SinkyMalinks Tue 30-Jul-13 13:41:46

6+3 and a flickering heartbeat. I cried. And got a photo.

TWinklyLittleStar Tue 30-Jul-13 13:44:56

Oh sinky I am so bloody happy for you love x

MsJupiterJones Tue 30-Jul-13 15:12:45

That is great news Sinky. So amazing to see that flicker.

I know you will have been thinking of Twinks as we all have. Hope you are being looked after.

Congrats Sinky grin

Much love to you Twinks

JethroTull Tue 30-Jul-13 18:22:26

That's great news Sinky - really pleased for you.

Echoing what Norks said. Lots of love Twinks.

Nokkie73 Tue 30-Jul-13 21:33:16

Lovely news slinks. Really chuffed for you. When is your next scan ?

SinkyMalinks Tue 30-Jul-13 22:21:19

No more extra scans now Nokkie. These 2 were a bit of a "favour" from the epu at the hospital I work in. Next will be 12 weeks I guess. But maybe a bit later because ghj is now out of the country till I'm 13 weeks. When should I hear fom th midwives about booking in? I spoke to them last week and they took my name, address etc. I thought if no word by 8 weeks, or is that leaving it too late to make a scan appointment?

The worry doesn't get better, does it? I still go to the loo every time, looking for bleeding.

I was told the midwives here like to do the booking in appt when you are about 8 weeks. I'm just waiting for my scan date now.

Oh, and I got a text from my GP surgery telling me that I need to bring in another urine sample as my first one was "insufficiently labelled".

A) How is that my fault? The midwife wrote the label out.
B) if it's not properly labelled how do they know it's mine?

hmm

pinkr Wed 31-Jul-13 09:15:39

I had my booking in on new years eve...midwife took bloods etc. got called a few Weeks later to have them repeated...turns out the lab was obviously shut for quite a few days and the tests couldn't be done on old samples. Had to redo the whole thing...I kept thinking surely she must have known it was a waste of tine taking them.I
Oh congratulations sinks! Fab news!

SinkyMalinks Wed 31-Jul-13 09:37:13

Despite (because?) having an inside view of the nhs, I despair of it at times.

Frank, it'll be because your pot and sample bag don't match. So in theory, it might not be your wee. It is bloody hard writing on the side of small pots though. Specially if they're already filled. I've always been a bit worried about leakage. Your surgery should have patient detail stickers though. It's the future. <knowledgable>

My booked scan yesterday (attended 15 min early, with full bladder) was 75 min late. I was fuming. Esp as someone who arrived after me, said she wasn't waiting in the waiting room but was going for a coffee, came back having missed being called through and then was rushed straight in because "she was going to wet herself". There was me, stressing and cross eyed needing to pee. The woman next to me was already in tears (5 healthy kids, but 2 miscarriages trying to have a 6th and bleeding again) and we were both left for over an hour.

And... People were being spoken to in the waiting room, including one lady who (I now know) has epilepsy and polyhydramnia. And a baby that's not growing well. So inappropriate.

But. This will not be where is get my antenatal care. Thank god.

JethroTull Wed 31-Jul-13 19:17:59

Grrrr it's all those little things that added together can make dealing with the NHS a nightmare. Sorry your appointment wasn't great Sinks.

Got my 30 week midwife appointment tomorrow. I see her at the GP's though not the hospital. MiniJeff has been a bit quieter for the past couple of days. Still feeling movement but just not as much or not as 'defined'. I think / hope it's because I'm getting bigger so baby has less room. Should I be worried?

SinkyMalinks Wed 31-Jul-13 19:32:29

No idea Jeff, but surely any movement is good? And good timing for getting checked over tomorrow. (And the less room idea sounds totally plausible)

Don't get me wrong - my appointment was amazing! I got to see the bean! I'm just really glad I don't go back there grin <slightly delusional that t'other unit will be efficient and shiny>

JethroTull Wed 31-Jul-13 20:02:55

That's what I thought Sinks - at least I don't have to wait.
I had such a miserable experience at our nhs hospital fertility clinic, it's put me off the place for life!

Glad you saw the bean - it's bloody brilliant isn't it gringringrin

pinkr Wed 31-Jul-13 20:06:22

I think at 30 Weeks they can still get into positions that mean its harder to feel etc...I ended up at the unit after not feeling anything for hours and the ultrasound showed her jumping about and I could see it but not feel it! That said they say if you are in any doubt get it checked!
I've got a scan in the morning and an appointment with the consultant...fingers crossed we actually find out something! I've not grown in size for the last five Weeks so I'm hoping the baby is bigger and the fluid decreasing.

JethroTull Thu 01-Aug-13 06:31:55

Hope it's all ok Pink. What time is scannage?

This thread is not accepting new messages.