Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The PESH are getting busy and looking out for a cluster diff!!

(1000 Posts)
pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 20:53:02

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), Faithlet arrived 14.04.13
fertilityFTW (34) date needed.
pinkr, (33), any day now!!, DC1 due 22/08/2013
Jethro (36) head in the sand Edd 071013
Frankel (32) nauseous and knackered Edd 4/3/14
Noks - info needed
Sinky - info needed

Done my best - apologies for any misinformation or omissions!

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 28-Jul-13 21:32:08

The denial is fading and the pre-scan fear is kicking in, making me feel queasy in a way that has nothing to do with hormones. I'm dreading them not being able to find a foetus.

Twinks, lots of handholding here. I'm sure it will all be fine.

SinkyMalinks Sun 28-Jul-13 21:52:57

What about car doors (do I seem a little obsessed?). Me and ghj both have 3 door cars. I remember being thrown in the back of mums (seatbelt less) fiesta, but with isofix, and fancy travel systems, I wonder if I will be crying out for the back doors.

I laughed at your "we won't be doing that" twink. That's my thinking too. Why have all the mess at home?

SinkyMalinks Sun 28-Jul-13 21:55:15

Cross post. Handholding. I will be exactly the same tomorrow. It's natural isn't it? Even instadiffer friends tell me they fear the same thing prior to a scan. A friend who had a missed mc at 12 weeks ended up hiding in the toilets and missing her scan (for her now 18month little girl).

JethroTull Sun 28-Jul-13 22:13:13

Twinks I was exactly the same <hair strokes> <remembers I am rock hard PESH so throws fish too>

pinkr Mon 29-Jul-13 02:42:06

Both our cars are three door...its a bit of a fiddle but I suppose you can sort of sit on the back of the passenger seat whilst you do the belts up etc.
Its quite an old fiesta we have...think the boot of bigger in the newer ones.

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 29-Jul-13 07:23:46

Thanks for the handholding and fish. Awful night's sleep, but not long to go now.

SinkyMalinks Mon 29-Jul-13 07:57:01

Are you doing anything nice for the rest of the day?

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 29-Jul-13 08:01:58

Not really. Dropping HWCA off to the garage to pick up his motorbike after servicing hmm

Yesterday was a lovely day though. My birthday barbeque was great, and it was lovely to watch my friends' children playing without that normal afternote of sadness. I did discover that I'm still pissed off with my smug instadiffer 'friend' who upset me at Christmas, and she takes no interest in my life whatsoever. Fuck her.

What are you up to today? I must look like I never go to work on here smile

Good luck today Twinks.

I've got the week off work, we're not going anywhere I've just accumulated too much holiday and need to use it up before the end of the year! We're planning on doing lots of work on the house/garage but I'm so tired at the moment I'm not much use! We're off to Goodwood for the day on Thursday which will be nice too.

We have a landscape gardener coming today to dig some beds out in our back garden. When we started digging them ourselves last year we discovered the builder ad basically made our garden out of sand and chucked about 2 inches of topsoil on top before laying the lawn hmm After lots of arguing they've agreed to pay for a landscaper to come in and dig out a load of sand and replace t with soil.

SinkyMalinks Mon 29-Jul-13 08:51:21

I am doing almost exactly what frank is doing. I'm off work this week as had more than a week to take. Not going anywhere, but planning to enjoy so,e time with ghj before he galavants off for the summer (I'm not allowed to say he's leaving me in my moment(s) of need- he gets a bit panicked). Once he gets back from his long mates weekend that is.

Also had big plans to sort the house and garden out, but am exhausted. Mum is coming down today to give me a hand. I'm meant to have emailed lots of builder type people over the weekend, but I've mainly slept instead. Oh well.

pinkr Mon 29-Jul-13 09:06:04

Good luck today twinks!

Nokkie73 Mon 29-Jul-13 10:45:08

Good luck for today twonks.

Hello to everyone else. Nx

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 29-Jul-13 10:53:22

Thanks pink and norks. Leaving the house in a few minutes so not long to go.

frank what your builders did is shocking! How did they think they would get away with giving people sand pits instead of a garden?

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 29-Jul-13 10:54:08

And frank is The Hat coming back out for Goodwood?

Apparently it's a common trick Twinks, ours was the last house to be built in the small estate (8 houses), so rather than cart all of their surplus away they buried it in our garden hmm.

The Hat was hired so I won't be wearing it again this week, though Thursday looks like it could be bloody hot down in Sussex!

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 29-Jul-13 11:59:27

Its no good. There was an empty sac, no embryo. Missed miscarriage. I cannot even begin to process this.

Oh no Twinks sad I'm so, so sorry.

pinkr Mon 29-Jul-13 12:32:14

Oh love I'm so sorry sad

Nokkie73 Mon 29-Jul-13 13:32:44

twinks I am so so so so so sorry. I am absolutely gutted for you. Do you have anyone with you at the moment ? Xx

MsJupiterJones Mon 29-Jul-13 13:51:46

Oh no. I am so sorry.

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 29-Jul-13 14:24:49

Thanks all. norks HWCA is here. He is gutted too. My friends that knew I was having a scan have both offered to come over but I'm not in the mood to see anyone now.

Nokkie73 Mon 29-Jul-13 14:40:39

I am glad he's with you. I am really bloody gutted for you. For what it's worth, I think you're lovely and fab and if I was anywhere near you in RL, I would respect the fact that you didn't want to see anyone but I would still pop round and leave a big fat chocolate cake on your doorstep.

Fucking hell, that sounds like a total bag of jumbly shit but I hope you get the sentiment as it's (ham fisted but...) well meant.

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 29-Jul-13 14:42:35

I get it norks and it's greatly appreciated, thank you.

SinkyMalinks Mon 29-Jul-13 16:58:18

Oh Twinks. Life is a fucking shit bag of arse sometimes. I'm so so sorry.

I don't know what to say. You don't deserve anything so unfair.

This thread is not accepting new messages.