Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The PESH are getting busy and looking out for a cluster diff!!

(1000 Posts)
pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 20:53:02

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), Faithlet arrived 14.04.13
fertilityFTW (34) date needed.
pinkr, (33), any day now!!, DC1 due 22/08/2013
Jethro (36) head in the sand Edd 071013
Frankel (32) nauseous and knackered Edd 4/3/14
Noks - info needed
Sinky - info needed

Done my best - apologies for any misinformation or omissions!

MyNameIsWinkly Sat 26-Oct-13 11:15:05

Nope frank, I have two very lovely nephews courtesy of DSis. It's all a bit terrifying isn't it? We told early because of how good everyone was with the mc, and thought if we mc again people deserve to have some warning. I just didn't think they would be so full on, so fast. I'm not even sure I would describe myself as happy yet. I'm not feeling much at all except worried and now pressured.

Sorry. Being 'me me me' again. How do you feel about pureeing? grin

SinkyMalinks Sat 26-Oct-13 11:22:04

Luckily my parents are very level headed and have remained sane. The in laws? I've had to tell them not to impulsively buy a pram without speaking to us because "its a good deal". And they've also planned when they'll be visiting (bloody constantly it seems)

Saw most of the film Winks, 'twas good - Rush. Think I was a bit late to the party though, think it came out some weeks ago...

So, Frank, what are your thoughts on pureeing? Or BLW? <irritating smile>

MyNameIsWinkly Sat 26-Oct-13 11:25:37

I haven't been to the cinema in forever. I want to go see Thor 2. Though I haven't seen Thor. Must get on it.

My in laws have been very calm in contrast. (well, MIL. FIL, I think, doesn't remember, sadly)

evilgiraffe Sat 26-Oct-13 18:49:24

Um, hello everyone smile I feel very premature/tempting fate posting here, but am swallowing my nerves! I ain't as premature as winks' mum though, picking out christening robes is impressive forward planning!

Rush is wonderful, isn't it? I love Daniel Brühl so much. Winks, you should go to the cinema! We go quite a lot, HOTB and I are film fans. We liked Captain Phillips recently, though seasickness is a real danger... Thor is terrible, but fun simply for ogling Chris Hemsworth grin Thor 2 looks like it might have a bit more to it though.

SinkyMalinks Sat 26-Oct-13 19:06:39

Well hello Draf. Lovely to see you! It's not premature to come across. Here you can moan about all those things that you think you shouldn't moan about because it's amazing to have got the bpf, but do need moaning about. Like constipation. Or nausea. Or just newly pregnant terror...

I have discovered the horrors of constant heartburn. Have just stocked up on gaviscon and rennies. Any other tips frank?

Welcome aboard Draf, we're here to hand hold through the early stages so don't feel bad about checking in.

Sinks I've been lucky that my heartburn has mostly gone now, I'm only having to use Gaviscon once or twice a week. I found keeping a mental note of the foods I was eating to see if anything in particular set me off helps. Also some people swear by drinking milk, I compromised with ice cream wink

SinkyMalinks Sat 26-Oct-13 19:49:30

Gavison. It smells only of sambucca sad. I hate sambucca.

Now to try Rennies...

Have you tried the peppermint version? I can't stand Sambuca so avoided the aniseed "regular" flavour. They also do tablets as well if you don't like the liquid.

SinkyMalinks Sat 26-Oct-13 20:01:04

I've got rennies tablets. I didn't realise regular was aniseed and am not a fan of strong mint so avoided the peppermint. Doh. The rennies are meant to be orange though!

The peppermint is very mild, I don't like strong mint either. I find the best technique is to get it as far down the back of your throat as possible - don't let it coat your tongue.

SinkyMalinks Sat 26-Oct-13 20:44:39

Am psyching myself up. The heartburn is so random though, bad all day but now I've finished a bowl of pasta with a cheese topping and I'm fine... Suspect it might hit me again as I lie down though...

The joys eh?

When you get to bed, try to prop yourself up with a few extra pillows. Having your head higher than your stomach is supposed to help with the throaty stuff.

SinkyMalinks Sat 26-Oct-13 21:08:11

Tried that last night, but can't really sleep propt up and woke up with a really sore neck. I'm just awkward!

I've noticed the gaviscon does clearly say original aniseed on the bottle. At least I bought the smaller one they had.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 27-Oct-13 18:35:53

<pops in, looks scared, hides behind others>

Thought i'd check in here too. Told my parents today, no robes ordered yet, thankfully! Mum has been fab thru the journee and both of them cried! SB told the in-laws as well, so we have them for dinner at the end of the week! Weirdness!

MyNameIsWinkly Sun 27-Oct-13 18:46:10

driz and draf, it's nice to have you here smile

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 27-Oct-13 18:54:19

Ta, winks!

Btw pureed food made me laugh out loud, Frank!

We ended up on prenatal screening chats yesterday. That is weird too. Did you lot do any? Oh my sister has been threatening to bring her baby stuff. So I told her to wait til 20 weeks at least...

Welcome aboard Drizz grin

Gin how are things with you?

Nokks are you out there! time must be marching on for you now grin. Scary to think that after you it's me and Sinks up next shock

SinkyMalinks Sun 27-Oct-13 19:53:04

Nooooo Frank. We're ages off. La La la.

Hello Driz. What prenatal screening are we talking? I know me and frank both had downs screening. Anything more? Me and ghj did think about the harmony blood test, if the downs screening came back elevated, rather than amnio, but all was well.

Yes we had the nuchal measurement and bloods taken and said we'd decide if we needed more depending on the results.

Sinks is your scan this week? Are you going to find out the sex?

Nokkie73 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:15:29

rushes in, panting --not from that sort of activity, you mucky pups--

Fuck a pot noodle, it's not me up next is it ?

'Fraid it is Nokks, pink and Jeffers have laid so it's all eyes on you! Remind me of your due date again? <gets diary out>

FaithTheVampireSlayer Mon 28-Oct-13 07:39:03

Morning all! Welcome to winks, draf and drizz smile

I remember that feeling noks, very scary being next!

Hope you're not being blown away, here we're more likely to be washed away by the rain, not so windy here.

SinkyMalinks Mon 28-Oct-13 08:03:04

Yeah Nokks, when is the due date? <highlighter at ready>

Scan this lunchtime!! If baby behaves will find out sex. Most excited to see that it's well and how much it's grown!

evilgiraffe Mon 28-Oct-13 08:07:49

Ooo, exciting stuff, sinks! Hope all goes well smile

Hope all goes well Sinks. The scan is fascinating, so much to see!

This thread is not accepting new messages.