Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The PESH are getting busy and looking out for a cluster diff!!

(1000 Posts)
pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 20:53:02

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), Faithlet arrived 14.04.13
fertilityFTW (34) date needed.
pinkr, (33), any day now!!, DC1 due 22/08/2013
Jethro (36) head in the sand Edd 071013
Frankel (32) nauseous and knackered Edd 4/3/14
Noks - info needed
Sinky - info needed

Done my best - apologies for any misinformation or omissions!

JethroTull Sat 27-Jul-13 08:30:59

Cramp is keeping me awake every night now. I've tried drinking tonic water, stretching before bed, I stay hydrated - anyone got any other ideas? Stopped in a hotel with work last night & am currently lying in a massive bed with a cup of tea watching tv. Never get to do this at home so it's bloody lovely. Am going for a swim & getting my nails done on the spa here this morning too gringringrin

pinkr Sat 27-Jul-13 08:55:11

Ooh that sounds nice!
I seem to get restless legs and it's a total pain...nothing seems to help annoyingly.

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 27-Jul-13 09:42:51

Oooh Jeff that sounds absolutely delightful! The only place my work ever sends me is dirty flats with angry dogs and even angrier people smile I don't know about the cramp. Is it sometimes a lack of salts? Maybe a lucozade sport could help.

This morning I left the house to drive to the station, feeling fine. Halfway there I started feeling sick, then retching. I had to pull into a bus stop and throw up out the car door. An old couple were waiting for a bus and I could see them judge me. Mortified.

SinkyMalinks Sat 27-Jul-13 09:46:53

Winks. You have my sympathies. I always have got car sick (some memorable moments in childhood!) and even driving defiantly sets me off now. My only vomiting has been as a passenger. The shame.

JethroTull Sat 27-Jul-13 18:24:15

Twinks how are you feeling now? I have it in my head you might be a police type person or am I confusing you with someone else?

Pink I also have the restless legs. Strangely the only thing that stops mine is doing The Sechs.... Guessing that's not really a priority at 36 weeks?!

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 27-Jul-13 19:06:01

Jeff that's me, yes. The queasiness went away at about 4 o'clock, I ignored it before that and went shopping. I bought two pretty vest tops which probably won't fit for very long, and a long jersey skirt that will fit for ages. Pure shattered now. How was the swim? Are your nails a vision now?

JethroTull Sat 27-Jul-13 19:54:05

I'm all about the jersey fabric. And the stretchy waistband! Most of my preggo clothes have been from Top Shop. And I've bought stuff a size bigger from other shops in normal ranges.

Swim was great, nails are ok but I prefer them when I go to my usual palace <picky>. Was nice to do nothing though & just laze about by the pool.

Are you up to anything exciting this weekend?

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 27-Jul-13 20:17:33

Booking in appointment tomorrow (on a Sunday, how weird) then my friends are hosting a birthday barbeque for me in the afternoon - though it may be an indoor meat party instead with the way the weather is going. I'm on leave this week so I'm actually off work until Wednesday, hooray. You?

pinkr Sat 27-Jul-13 20:42:24

sechs? What's that again mm.? It's up there with what my feet actually look like haha!

Evening all. Still feeling queasy here, though its not as bad as it has been. The tiredness is a real killer though!

I had lunch with my BF yesterday, who confided that she and her DP have started TTC for their second. Her little boy is 9 months old and they took almost 2 years to conceive him so it makes sense. She's offered me loads of books and things that she bought during her pregnancy.

I've had some spotting again today, but it's very small and definitely old brown stuff. I'll keep an eye on it though.

SinkyMalinks Sun 28-Jul-13 15:11:15

How's everyone today? After a great day yesterday when I had an appetite and ate everything in sight, I'm now back on the sofa, feeling sick. I've rediscovered pot noodles. I'm not sure how nutritional they are...

Frank- how are things today?

Twink- scan tomorrow! Are you ok? I'm alternating between quiet confidence and utter hopelessness...

Hope cramps/aches/etc are ok for those further on.

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 28-Jul-13 15:26:44

I am completely and utterly in denial sinks. It's the best way to be. Nothing wrong with Pot Noodles either.

SinkyMalinks Sun 28-Jul-13 15:53:56

Denial is good Twinks. I'll be sending you good thoughts.

Agree nothing wrong with pot noodles. It's just all I can stomach (well, ready salted crisps are also ok).

Who needs fruit and veg anyway?

Nokkie73 Sun 28-Jul-13 18:20:30

Slinks Fruit and veg are for girls and instadiffers <growl>. Pot noodles are pure FILF. Personally, I love the curry flavoured ones and have been known to inhale one when hungover.

I have brilliantly mad nap hair. I made a choca mocha cake, had a massive slice with a cuppa and passed out. I fucking love an afternoon nap after cakeage. It somehow feels so right, do you know what I mean ?

twonks good luck for tomorrow. What time are you having the foof cam ?

frank how is the spotting ?

jeff and pinks hello ! Hello to everyone else too.

I cleared out the spare room yesterday. I had to as I had nowhere to put my telly tubby clothes and I suppose we need to have somewhere to put the nipper when it comes. So, as they say in all good public schools.....this shit just got real. Tis exciting innit ?

Nx

Afternoon all, spotting has gone away thankfully. Nausea also seems to have eased off so here's hoping I'm through the worst.

My saving grace has been Tesco's Bacon Rasher crisps (cheapy version of Frazzles". Plenty o' nutrients in them wink

We had a wander round Mothercare yesterday, HWHNN is getting excited about the prospect of choosing an all-singing-all-dancing pram/travel system grin

Nokkie73 Sun 28-Jul-13 19:18:49

That's a relief frank. Did you reach any conclusion on a travel system for your nipper ? I daren't go and look just yet - I know that I shall want them all. Does anyone know what we should look for when choosing one ?

Jesus, I am soooooo it I ignorant about all these things. It is ironic, considering I have wanted a child for such a long time.

I haven't got a clue where to start Nokks! We think we want one that will last a while so birth to 2 years or whatever. HWHNN wants one that looks "manly" grin

I've looked at some but at the moment I seem to be drawn to the ver expensive ones blush

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 28-Jul-13 19:57:06

Camming at 11.30 tomorrow. I expect it to run on time, since it's costing money. That said, my last two nhs dildocammings ran so early I was out before I was due to go in, and my booking in appointment today (boring, and I have to be referred for consultant assessment because of my asthma, which is the mildest asthma in the universe) started bang on time.

sinks I am largely - emphasis on large - living off cheese and onion crisps, cherries, and calippos.

frank I'm pleased you're feeling a bit better and the spotting has eased. Hopefully it'll go smoothly from here for you.

HWCA had started looking at travel system things, but was overwhelmed by choice. I want one with a carrycot car seat so I can go out for walks into town, 25 minutes away, or drive to friends an hour away and let a sleeping baybee lie, without worrying about seat time limits.

pinkr Sun 28-Jul-13 20:16:12

What we found when looking at systems...we needed something that was easy to fold and could fit into the boot of our cars (polo and fiesta) without much fuss. That actually limited us down quite quickly to an oyster, quinny buzz or uppababy vista. A lot of the others that I liked such as the baby jogger simplywouldn't fit.
I liked the oyster but Mr df preferred the vista as it sits higher and he liked the push height etc. it can also be used for the baby to sleep in over night and the carrycot part is lovely and the nicest inside that we saw.
Other things to consider...wheel type depending on if you like pavements or country lanes etc. basket size. Feel when pushing. And of course price!
I initially thought the vista was far too pricey but we bought online, got a free maxi cosi car seat and got 8% back on quidco.

pinkr Sun 28-Jul-13 20:32:43

Oh and good luck with scans etc everyone grin
frank I think old blood just lingers sometimes...glad you're feeling better.
We went a dummy run to the hospital today...its quite far away I'm a city we don't really know but found the actual hospital ok...problem was they're doing building works and the road to the maternity suite was closed and no detour. Eventually had to go into hospital, ask directions and worked out we had to approach from a different part of the city which was 15 min detour. So a journey that should take an hour took two!

SinkyMalinks Sun 28-Jul-13 20:37:05

God. I'm clueless about all this stuff. My friend with kids assures me that Britax is a good but reasonably priced brand.

Ghj's in trying to convince me I MUST get a new car. Boot space apparently. I thought maybe a golf (but expensive) or a fiesta. Pinkr, is the fiesta boot pretty small then? I don't want a "mum" wagon!

Twink, I'm 11.30 on tues. I had to check the time to make sure I wasn't thinking of your time. Not heard yet about my booking appointment. Was it dull? I've seen people say it takes an hour? Not sure I can take an hour of dull form filling....

SinkyMalinks Sun 28-Jul-13 20:38:06

Pinkr, good job you did the reccy then!

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 28-Jul-13 20:44:39

sinks mine took about 45 minutes. I think being healthy, having no ishoos and no previous pregnancies sped it up a fair bit. Also she was about to discuss the home birth option, I looked at her in horror and said "we won't be doing that."

I drive a fiesta and got my friend's iCandy double chassis, along with changing bag and other bags, in the boot with no hassles so I don't foresee massive issues with boot space.

JethroTull Sun 28-Jul-13 20:59:07

Good news about the spotting stopping Frank. SSG was also the chief researcher for our 'travel system' - we ended up with a Bugaboo. I think he liked all the gadgets. And it needed to be able to easily go through fields along with the dog. He also swapped his beloved Gti for a Cmax - the blow was softened by the fancy digital radio I think.

Noks I had a massive Sunday lunch & then a nap on the sofa. Was lovely. Snoozing at random times is essential for preggos.

Pink do you get an organised 'visit' to the maternity dept? Apparently I will - had no idea until yesterday when a friend asked me. I just assumed you rocked up!

Glad your appointment was ok Twink & good luck for Tues Sinky.

pinkr Sun 28-Jul-13 21:25:06

The fiesta boot is smaller than my polo...he'll need to take one wheel off to get it in but its easy to do. We have a trailer for long journeys now so will probably use my car mostly round here and his for towing etc etc. my friend bought a new car to fit the pram she wanted but she said she wished she hadn't...I think you for whatever size car you end up with!
The first time I enter the labour ward I'll either be in labour or about to be induced, they don't offer tours which I thought was mean...the midwife led unit does but I have to go to consultant led and even though its the same building the rules are different hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.