Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The PESH are getting busy and looking out for a cluster diff!!

(1000 Posts)
pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 20:53:02

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), Faithlet arrived 14.04.13
fertilityFTW (34) date needed.
pinkr, (33), any day now!!, DC1 due 22/08/2013
Jethro (36) head in the sand Edd 071013
Frankel (32) nauseous and knackered Edd 4/3/14
Noks - info needed
Sinky - info needed

Done my best - apologies for any misinformation or omissions!

Ahh, that's better!

Booking In appointment tomorrow afternoon. What should I expect oh wise PESH?

pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 21:13:43

Not much! I felt it was a real anticlimax...a few questions and I think a blood test. Then was told I wouldn't be seen until 24 Weeks, other than scans.

Oh, definitely sounds like an anticlimax then grin

I've got my pack of notes that I've filled in (as far as I was told to), plus my write up from last week's scan which I was told to keep together.

My nausea is pretty much constant now and the tiredness as kicked in, I was in bed by 8.45 on Monday and am about to head off now for the night!

Nokkie73 Wed 24-Jul-13 21:27:33

Oh here you are ! Praise The Lord and a helping of saints knees all round.

I was with my midwife for about an hour while she completed all the paperwork, asked me utterly bonkers questions about what sort of birth I wanted (erm, one where the baby comes out please) and we then had a smutty conversation about piercings <for the record, only my ears are pierced, thank you>

I had to pee in a tiny tube and she took some blood. That was about it really.

Are you excited frank ?

pinkr my nipper is due on 28th December. How are you doing ?

FriendofDorothy Wed 24-Jul-13 21:31:04

Just checking in.

I have a non-sleeping baby attached to my boob still tonight!

JethroTull Wed 24-Jul-13 21:35:17

Yay!!! The PESH are back in action grin. Look at us - on the Actual List. Bet we all thought this day would never come <gets a bit emotional>
Thanks Pink. How are you feeling?

I second the anti climax of the booking in appointment. Weeing in a small pot is compulsory at all of my midwife appointments. And get this - after they test it, they give me the pot back & ask me to dispose of the contents & reuse the sample pot. Saving the planet one wee receptacle at a time.....

Nokkie73 Wed 24-Jul-13 21:49:10

It's batshit crazy alright, jeff

Do you know, I still can't bloody believe I am preggo. I think someone is going to tap me on the shoulder and tell me it's all been a massive practical joke.

FriendofDorothy Wed 24-Jul-13 21:51:19

Non-sleeping baby is now asleep. Praise the baby Jesus!

My booking in appointment was a bit of a non-entity too. Pissing in a teeny tiny pot is fine until your bump becomes so enormous that your aim is really shit.

When I went to the EPAU for my scan the nurse handed me what I swear was half an eggbox to pee in. T'was huuuge, and cardboard! You should have seen HWHNN's face grin

Nokkie73 Wed 24-Jul-13 22:04:19

My aim is brilliant at the moment. It gets worse then dot ? How frustrating. So you're telling me that i have spent many years having treatment and things stuffed up my foof for all that hard work to go to waste ?

Gutted.

pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 22:21:36

Hi all...ok thanks! Having difficulty keeping my sugar levels high enough which is a strange thing considering the idea with the diabetes was to keep them low...a happy medium must be found soon!
Some idiot driving far too fast on a country road clipped me today so I'm having to spend money on a new wing mirror and some panel damage rather than on baby things...he didn't even stop!
Can I edit the list does anyone know?

JethroTull Wed 24-Jul-13 22:24:23

Noks I know what you mean, even with a sizeable bump I wake up Every Day and think, am I REALLY a preggo?

I'm not one to boast but there's nothing wrong with my aim gringringrin

JethroTull Wed 24-Jul-13 22:25:37

Don't think editing is possible Pink - unless you ask MNHQ?

Bloody idiots driving too fast. Are you ok?

pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 22:36:43

Yeah but I suppose the fact my whole wing mirror ripped off means it was a close thing! Eight inches further over would've been a real crash. I was really angry and then I think I had a bit of shock later when I realised that my baby could've been hurt but a reckless idiot. He'd lost a but of control on a corner going too fast and over corrected

Nokkie73 Wed 24-Jul-13 22:42:25

Shit, pink, how scary. I hope you're ok. It's bad enough when there is just you to think about, let alone a bambino.

pinkr Wed 24-Jul-13 22:57:24

Yeah....one of the few times in recent months I really fancied a vodka and coke! what's annoying is money is literally pouring out my account at the moment...last minute baby stuff, sister has house warming, 30th birthday and wedding in the space of 7 Weeks, step mums birthday and dads 60th...its one dear year! I am grateful it was just the car but seriously for a few hundred quid I could've bought actual nice things for us grin

TWinklyLittleStar Thu 25-Jul-13 12:24:30

I've found you! pink that's crap about your car. I have to replace my car door too, since some fucker tried to nick the car and wrecked it. At least you and baybee are ok.

frank hope the appointment goes/went well.

I have my private scan on Monday and am filled with terror they will say there's nothing growing.

Nokkie73 Thu 25-Jul-13 13:10:38

I totally understand how you're feeling twonks but hopefully you'll get such a huge sense of relief when you see your little bean on the screen. Have you got anything nice planned for the weekend to distract you a little bit ?

If I'm really honest, I still cannot get my head around being preggo. I know I keep saying it but after my ivf fail, I had really convinced myself that I was going to have to come to terms with not being a mum. To lay an egg AND do the sechsing a week after I tested and got a bfn was just mental (having done the calculations based on my due date, this was the exact timeline). I reckon because of he way it happened, that is why I simply cannot believe it. Shit like this doesn't happen to me. Anyway, that probably makes no sense whatsoever, so I'll shut my big old double chinned face now. I'm not in any way depressed or having trouble believing it in a negative sense, it's just a continual series of 'wow, blimey, really !!'.

Also, I genuinely feel happy for the first time in what I now realise is YONKS. Of course I'm worried about the nipper and would love a scan every week to make sure everything is ok (the gap between the 12 week scan and the 20 week scan is a killer). However, I made a vow some time back that whatever happens, I really wanted to try to enjoy being preggo as it may be my last shot at it. If anything happened, what i didn't want to do was look back and think that I hadn't enjoyed a single day of my pregnancy. So, I am trying to grin like Brian Cox and stay zen like the Dalai Lama ( which probably means most people want to kick me in the neck) and just enjoy it, whatever happens.

I don't know if I am making any sense whatsoever.....but you're the PESH right ? You understand (if no-one else does !).

Grinny Ole Norks xx

frank how was your afternoon date with Hattie Jacques ? (On a completely unrelated note, I do feel a bit short changed if midwives don't look like her).

FriendofDorothy Thu 25-Jul-13 15:16:44

Noks, that makes perfect sense. I totally get it, although I didn't get that contesnt feeling until I was about 30 weeks pregnant because of the early bleeding I had.

These days I feel very content. I realise that I have changed so much since having The Little Mister and that is largely because I just don't feel so sad all the time. It makes a massive difference.

TWinklyLittleStar Thu 25-Jul-13 15:44:51

norks I totally get that you can't get your head round it. It is absolutely miraculous the way it happened, and I'm so pleased that you're so happy.

It's my birthday today, I'm out for dinner tonight, getting my hair done tomorrow, meeting a friend for lunch on Saturday, and having a barbeque for my birthday on Sunday. But I can't relax until I see this bean. My boobs have completely stopped hurting, I barely feel sick at all, I'm literally just waiting to go to the bathroom and find that I've started bleeding. I know symptoms can come and go and I might just be a drama queen but fuck this is so damn hard! I'm so happy to be pregnant but I feel like it's all about to slip away from me.

Sorry for all the woe is me.

Wotcha hags, I'm back!

No Hattie Jacques lookalikes I'm afraid, just a very nice older Northern Irish lady called Karen! Forms are completed and an armful of blood given. Plus I see what you mean about the aim on the urine pots - far too small!

So it's wait for the 12 week scan appointment now. Plus, what's this about drinking lucozade before one of the later tests?! I hate lucozade!

SinkyMalinks Thu 25-Jul-13 18:39:57

Howdy ladies.

Glad to hear all went well frank. Is the booking in appointment when you get your maternity notes? The lucozade test is the glucose tolerance test to make sure you don't get gestational diabetes. Drink it and get bloods. We did it at uni and could have a mars bar instead (just need a load of sugar!) but not sure you will be able to trifle with the protocol of midwives...

Twink, I'm back to epu on tues. also bricking it. What are you expecting to be? 7 weeks?

I am racked with evening sickness. And morning. Lunchtime not too horrendous. Thought I felt ok yesterday and went or a curry with a friend. Not reccomended.

I just need to see a heartbeat to know this is all for a reason....

TWinklyLittleStar Thu 25-Jul-13 19:10:47

<snuggles up to sinks>

Yes I think I'll be 7 weeks, or just shy of it. Oh dear to the curry, not good. I'm sure you'll be fine sinks, it sounds like you've got good strong hormones temporarily making you feel like death.

frank glad it went well today.

JethroTull Thu 25-Jul-13 19:48:05

Another one who understands that feeling Nork. I think I am feeling much happier in general since about 20ish weeks, I grin every time miniJeff moves!

Twink I had zero symptoms. No sickness, no sore boobs, nothing. Good that you have plans until Monday to keep you busy. The weekend before our 8 week scan I remember preparing myself for the worst because I felt so 'unpregant'. When the nurse showed us the screen I said 'is that An Actual Baybee??'.

Frank have you got a date for your 12 week scan?

Sinky does anything help the vomfest? <passes bucket & holds hair back>

This thread is not accepting new messages.