Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - wobbling and sweating through the last trimester

(1000 Posts)
roxvox Wed 24-Jul-13 13:48:40

Baby due dates/sexes/name choices here

Flyer747 Mon 05-Aug-13 15:16:37

Finished....see you all on the next thread.

Flyer747 Mon 05-Aug-13 15:16:04

Thanks rox time to finish off this thread smile

roxvox Mon 05-Aug-13 15:12:13

bluesnowfalcon I might be being simple, but I cannot see your details on the stats sheet?

roxvox Mon 05-Aug-13 14:59:36

I had a panic that we would lose the end of this thread before we had chance to link to a new one - so I have created a new one here

pink when was your ds born? My ds is a June baby and turned 3 this year!

Smitten1981 Mon 05-Aug-13 14:11:13

lostmysocks Drink as much water as you possibly can, then at least there's something to come out when you do go for a wee. Nothing worse than trying and nothing coming out. Sympathies, UTI's are horrendous.

pinkbuttons Mon 05-Aug-13 13:56:29

I joined mumsnet 3 yrs ago when I was pregnant with DS just to have other people to talk to who were pregnant too. Unfortunately that thread has died a death over the past 2 yrs, hope the same doesnt happen this time. Has been lovely getting to know you all smile

Haylebop12 Mon 05-Aug-13 13:42:54

flyer I joing mums net last summer when I had an mmc. I opted for a natural mc and had no idea what was going to happen so it was so reassuring to know I wasn't alone and had loads of advice on how to manage it. I stayed on using the conception boards as we started trying again within a month or two. I love it here!

Flyer747 Mon 05-Aug-13 13:35:20

I'm rubbish at coming up with new titles for threads, however 'The Final Countdown' seems quite apt seeing as we are all literally counting down the weeks, and telling little fibs about how long left, we are all on the final countdown so to speak!

ComtesseDeFrouFrou Mon 05-Aug-13 13:35:12

Legally I've had my suspicions for a while wink but of course I wouldn't dream of saying anything smile

1st yes you're right.

DH loves Trago - it was him who introduced me to its "delights" as I didn't grow up down here. He grew up in Kernow smile

legallyblond Mon 05-Aug-13 13:34:33

Lost I would bypass the GP and go straight to a walk in centre or your emergency fetal and maternal health unit af your hospital (call you MW on her mobile if you need a referral). UTIs can get v bad v quickly and are a major trigger of / cause of premature labour. Your mw will want you on specific antibiotics (ie matched to the actual infection,not general ones) within hours. Undetected UTIs is, aside from pre eclampsia, the reason for checking for urine in protein.... I would def be calling midwife and speeding the process up....

favellio Mon 05-Aug-13 13:34:03

hi ladies, can't believe we've filled another thread in around 2 weeks. It's now the final countdown smile smile
I've had a crazy weekend. I turned 30 on Friday, so had a lovely weekend celebrating with family and
friends.
I have read the last couple days worth of posts on my phone but can't remember who said what and when, so I'm just gonna send love and best wishes to you all grin
I go on mat leave on 6th sept until 30th june 2014. due on 9th Oct but have a feeling baby will make an appearance at the end of September too.
spent last night playing with our travel system. got the maxi-cosi Elea in purple and love it!!

Natalieand Mon 05-Aug-13 13:33:31

I've given my (nice) midwife a text to see what she suggests.

I found mums net about a week before my due date in a search for ppl desperate to get pregnant not realising I was infact already pregnant lol so somehow came across the October group I was only 4 weeks when I joined and I'm due mid oct to the thread must have been about a fortnight old when I joined.

I like fat and fed up and count down to d day but knowing how fast we go through threads we probly have time to do fat and fed up then count down to d day before our first birth happens lol

pinkbuttons Mon 05-Aug-13 13:32:59

Glad Im.not the only one MoN Were having to limit how often we DTD as it sets off regular braxton hicks but keep waking up with them because of my dreams anywayblush poor DH is missing out for no reason.
natalie definitely call if your still worried, dont let one horrible midwife stop you from taking care of yourself and your little man.
lost I would also try anything you can to get an appt today. Ive had 3 utis so far and they can trigger premature labour so definitely worth fighting for an urgent appt especially of have blood in your urine. could also call midwife as they may be able to check sample for you? In the meantime drink lots (even though will mean your always on the loo) try nothing caffeinated and cranberry juice is meant to be good but I think thats more prevention. Hope your feeling better xx

flyer I found mums net 3 years ago when ttc ds and then when I got bfp this time it was the first place I came to celebrate and worry but then ran out of time between working and looking after ds but hoping now with summer holidays I can keep up with the fast moving posts! It is good to have other people to 'talk' to smile

Thoughts for a new title - tired, tetchy and tense/ action stations/ I'll do it dreckly/ countdown to d-day/ fat and fed up

lost cranberry juice is meant to be good and lots of water. My nan always suggested barley water think you can get orange and lemon now smile

I think I've added my details to the spreadsheet - hope that's ok flowers

Having a quiet day playing with ds and then going to cook roast for tea! Here's hoping everyone else is having a good day grin

Flyer747 Mon 05-Aug-13 13:19:33

Nat if you are worried then don't let some nasty mw stop you going for reassurance, they are supposed to be there to help you, if she is nasty again then make a complaint.

Can anyone remember who started off the very first October 2013 thread? I think I joined at about 6 weeks pregnant, I'd never heard of mumsnet before however it's been lovely getting to know you in a virtual manner smile, what made all you other ladies join?

PseudoBadger Mon 05-Aug-13 13:19:21

Nat please don't let their poor attitude stop you getting checked out. If you feel something isn't right please please go xx

Also, please go to the walk in centre for your uti lost, they need careful management in pregnancy.

Haylebop12 Mon 05-Aug-13 13:09:34

We're close to the end ladies... Ideas for a new thread title?

Don't have much clue on uti's lost but could you go to walk in centre? Or have a telephone appt from docs? That way you can get a prescription without an appt.

No erotic dreams here, just random ones like losing my car keys down a drain hmm

4 weeks left in work, 11 shifts! Woooooo!

Natalieand Mon 05-Aug-13 13:08:27

I have been lying too. When I get to a week +1 I take a week away if that makes sense so today I'm 30 weeks and if anyone asked I'd say 10 weeks to go but tommorow I'm 30+1 and if anyone asks then ill say 9 weeks even tho ill technically have 9+6 till due date lol. I think it just mentally helps us feel better doesn't it?

After not getting any movements at all Saturday I'm still having very reduced movements now but in reluctant to call in about it as I can't get over to the hospital this afternoon, plus their stinking attitude towards me plus they couldn't find him on the ctg on Saturday so why would they be able to now?

Haylebop12 Mon 05-Aug-13 13:07:53

We're close to the end ladies... Ideas for a new thread title?

Don't have much clue on uti's lost but could you go to walk in centre? Or have a telephone appt from docs? That way you can get a prescription witho

Flyer747 Mon 05-Aug-13 12:45:54

Legally exciting times and wondering of you'll be the first to give birth from the October bus?!

It's a miracle I have fathomed out (with help from YouTube) how to assemble my bugaboo, it did take me ages though! Going to practice for a few hours now otherwise I can see lots of swearing at it come October if we haven't got to grips with it fully.

roxvox Mon 05-Aug-13 12:33:35

lostmysocks cranberry juice is meant to be good for UTIs? And avoid anything citrus. Have you any idea what it is you might have?

Warlin Mon 05-Aug-13 12:26:07

MoN.....DTD almost every day...plus erotic dreams....oh, to have your libido grin

Legally, that's so exciting and really not long at all. My friend had twin boys last week at 35 weeks and they were both between 5 and 6lbs which was fab. It's nice you'll have the nice and early but I can't begin to imagine how tired you must be. I finish work 6th Sept so that is my countdown for now. Make sure you relax properly in those 3 weeks!

LostMySocks Mon 05-Aug-13 12:13:37

Anyone got any top tips for a UTI? Sorry for tmi but I've been in and out the loo for the last 3 hours and have spots of blood in my wee. Can't get a doctors appointment until tomorrow morning.
So any good remedies that might help relive the itch and pain?

This thread is not accepting new messages.