Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - wobbling and sweating through the last trimester

(1000 Posts)
roxvox Wed 24-Jul-13 13:48:40

Baby due dates/sexes/name choices here

chickieno1 Wed 24-Jul-13 19:27:56

Is your name safe warlin?

Congrats and welcome whistling

Clapham, Brazilian doesn't hurt too much. I had a lip wax once which hurt much more. Though I think it is meant t hurt more opbefore a period, might be the same in pregnancy.

Bridget, I always buy my class activity books to keep them busy for a few days in the holidays plus we do a big ack of holiday homework that they can do independently and suggest signing up to the local library's reading scheme where they can earn prizes for books they read.

Thanks for the hospital bag tips. I have loads after looking at lists online but cut some out and got it all in a hand luggage suitcase. Though I think there is more to add so will do a separate bag for baby. I put in two packs of maternity pads which take up loads of space. I will be adding Vaseline, thanks legally.

Natalieand Wed 24-Jul-13 19:41:38

Louie was still a potential name for us although as the days go by its increasing looking likely he will be called theo, nothing's set in stone yet

Hope everyone else is ok about the royal name, I definately recall one or two ppl on here having George set in stone or high up on their lists

Natalieand Wed 24-Jul-13 19:46:26

flyer I didn't so any exotic shopping in the lanes just good old Churchill square lol x

Iheartcrunchiebars Wed 24-Jul-13 19:57:32

Marking place. Thanks for the new thread roxvox.

I haven't been able to get a midwife appointment since 18 weeks (now 28). I've spoken to her on the phone and she says its no big deal. I feel fine and haven't had any problems. Should I be worried?

Have you booked your next one crunchie?

We had George on our list but not a favourite.

Iheartcrunchiebars Wed 24-Jul-13 20:17:18

No I'm waiting for a call from the midwife at the moment. I can get one in 2 weeks time but I'm not sure i can actually get there in time (early in the morning and I live a long way away). Can I see the doctor instead and just take all my notes?

GTbaby Wed 24-Jul-13 20:44:16

General comments after reading.

I took a small wheelie bag (cabin carry on) for all my pre and post natal.
If everything doesn't fit some thing's can be kept in car boot. So I kept maternity pads spare nappies wipes there to reduce bag size. Also my towel and dressing gown was left in car.
I had a separate bag for lo. (Medium long champ bag) Clothes, nappies wipes etc. I had zip lock type bags. In each one had a vest, baby grow , muslin packed. So dh had to just get one pack out. Men are dumb sometimes and need things made easy for them! I also had a pack with 10 nappies and packet of wipes.

Spare things were bought into me when I was on post natal ward.

Bleeding lasted 4weeks here. Maternity pads tend not to plasticky like sanitary towels.

Slippysnow Wed 24-Jul-13 20:48:17

Hi all,
Thanks for the new thread , and all the hospital bag advice.

I have a quick question, there was a stage during pregnancy when people were saying the baby had reduced movement, some were even going to hospital to check things were ok.
As my due date is 25th oct I'm further behind you all, I'm trying not to stress because the baby is still moving its just slightly softer when I thought they would be harder and slightly less frequent (but I have been busier). Am I being sensible not to panic, I miss the lil belly jumps.

Natalieand Wed 24-Jul-13 20:52:38

slippy my midwife said they don't tend to monitor it until 28 weeks but if something is out of the norm for your baby then to lay down on your left side for two hours and if u are not feeling anything or hardly anything then then to give them a call. X

Tarlia Wed 24-Jul-13 20:59:19

Oh I'd forgotten about the freezer bag containing, nappy, first outfit, socks and bib. Really handy as GT said for a flappy DP to access easily.

Flyer747 Wed 24-Jul-13 21:09:24

I'm currently in maternity assessment unit due to reduced movements, felt nothing since 4am....called them and they told me to come down...heartbeat all ok, just waiting to have an internal after I mentioned the lots of watery discharge yesterday, I can't wait!

HotSoupDumpling Wed 24-Jul-13 21:14:26

Good luck flyer

legallyblond Wed 24-Jul-13 21:16:48

Glad heartbeat was fine Flyer, that's the main thing! Have fun with the internal... Had lots of those (plus the "dildo cam") for my cervix issues....!

PseudoBadger Wed 24-Jul-13 21:18:38

Oh Flyer, I'm glad you're getting checked out xx

Flyer747 Wed 24-Jul-13 21:22:18

Woman in the next cubicle has just been bought in after her waters went and is having contractions every 2 minutes she is 28 weeks...scary the thought of it. I hope she and the baby are ok. It makes my worries seem a tad silly.

sisteroutlaw Wed 24-Jul-13 21:22:30

Flyer an internal... hope they are uber gentle and nothing's actually wrong.
cullie that bus dude needs to be shot.
whistling welcome! So pleased you've got to 28 weeks if you've lost some in the past. Such lovely news.

You're all making me think I need to:
- dig out the newborn/0-3 clothes from the loft and wash them (dusty up there)
- pack a sensible maternity bag (not the hurried one I packed in early labour last time)
- reorganise the whole house so it works magically
- plan a new career to come back to after leave...

I'm feeling pretty buoyant though mood-wise. Just incredibly sweaty. Buoyant and sweaty.

Hmmm might also get the exercise ball down from the loft too to bob up and down on.

Hope it goes ok flyer. Glad heartbeat was fine.
I am quite pleased with the nhs from what everyone has said, it seems they do take worries like this seriously and people seem to have been able to be seen pretty quickly. That reassures me.

PseudoBadger Wed 24-Jul-13 21:32:19

Orange they were fantastic with me on Monday (I also had reduced movements) - I arrived at 9.10 and by 9.30 I'd had a scan and was on the ctg. They kept me there as long as needed to make sure all was ok, I wasn't hurried in any way.
Good luck Flyer x

pinkbuttons Wed 24-Jul-13 21:33:47

Welcome to the thread whistling grin
flyer glad your being seen, hope all is ok and was just an increase of discharge yesterday and baby being a monkey today.
Love the freezer bag idea, means I can have some control over what vest goes with baby grow and hat smile (perfectly satisfies my control freak tendencies)

whistlingdixie Wed 24-Jul-13 21:36:33

Thanks for the link to the hospital bag thread - really glad I asked for it now as there are loads of things I would never have thought of!! smile

Crunchie - if nothing is wrong and you're feeling fine don't worry about missing one but you may need to be quite persistent in booking your next appt... don't let them fob you off again. They should be doing regular checks even if its all fine, will help your peace of mind at the very least!

GTbaby Wed 24-Jul-13 21:36:48

Tarlia I asked dh to get out my vest and he pulled out my knickers and waved them about. He doesn't have a clue.

As its first day of summer break tomorrow. I may go through my new born baby clothes and pick out hospital outfits. Or rather just look at how tiny lo was only 9 months ago and get emotional.

whistlingdixie Wed 24-Jul-13 21:37:26

Good luck Flyer!!!

GTbaby Wed 24-Jul-13 21:40:23

Flyer it is very scary for the lady next door. But don't let it mk you feel like you are over reacting. You need to feel reassured everything is fine.

This thread is not accepting new messages.