Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - wobbling and sweating through the last trimester

(1000 Posts)
roxvox Wed 24-Jul-13 13:48:40

Baby due dates/sexes/name choices here

roxvox Wed 24-Jul-13 13:49:40

Thread title courtesy of claphamama!

xuntitledx Wed 24-Jul-13 13:52:57

Ahh, nervous about the hospital bag and items required!

Just looked through the lists on the previous thread and the linked thread and I've covered both sides of an A4 sheet - is all this stuff really necessary? Just wondering if the hospital will be "funny" if we come with heaps and heaps of stuff and lots of bags :/

claphammama Wed 24-Jul-13 14:02:04

Thanks for the new thread roxvox! Checking in

roofio87 Wed 24-Jul-13 14:02:52

checking in, thanks roxvox grin

Checking in thanks for the new thread smile

mamas and papas have a huge sale on great is your a size 8/10/12 really struggling to find any size 18 stuff but the prices are good and a lot of baby clothes are on sale too!!

PseudoBadger Wed 24-Jul-13 14:04:52

Hello smile

favellio Wed 24-Jul-13 14:09:00

Thanks for the new thread grin

Warlin Wed 24-Jul-13 14:28:38

I'd go for the brazilian clap. I got one for my hols and didn't find it any worse than normal, though some people say waxing is more painful during pregnancy.

Can't remember who asked about bleeding but mine lasted for a good 4 weeks if I remember correctly. Far heavier than a normal period too.

Wow another new thread....wonder if there will be any early births on this one grin

Umlauf Wed 24-Jul-13 14:31:35

Ooh new thread already?! Checking in! Busy moving flat at the moment and the new place has no Internet (god knows how I set that up in Spain!) but popping on when I can x x

roxvox Wed 24-Jul-13 14:33:47

I have just now clicked why you might want a small jug for if you're a bit sore after labour!

HotSoupDumpling Wed 24-Jul-13 14:37:57

Thank you roxvox! Marking place.

cuille - how satisfying that another passenger gave him an earful. I have developed a very powerful skank-eye that I direct at numerous people like him!

I really am wobbling and sweating. Such an apt thread title.

PseudoBadger Wed 24-Jul-13 14:42:51

I can't remember how long I bled for but yes at least 4 weeks - and this was after a section!

I'm having an issue with taste today - everything I eat gives me a horrid after taste sad

Flyer747 Wed 24-Jul-13 14:49:14

Checking in, thanks for the new thread.

Just bought 2 dresses for my wedding this weekend, Phase Eight have a good sale on. Had to go for a size 14 to get them over my bump and bum!

Shirehobbit Wed 24-Jul-13 15:27:31

Ooh a shiny new thread grin - thanks!

I've just spent a lovely couple of hours catching up with a friend, who has also passed on to us a complete travel system (Mamas and Papas Pramette). Funny how standing at the handles of a pram has made everything that little bit more real...<panics>

flyer - we moved around a lot when I was growing up and we lived in Southport for a few years. It was one of the happiest/best places we lived.

chickieno1 Wed 24-Jul-13 15:29:04

Thanks for new thread!

Great bag lists clapham and wicked! Have to get cracking....

Warlin I have that skip hop bag from ds. Do you ladies think I can risk putting it in the washing machine??

Re bags some hospitals don't have much space so maybe pack a small one for labour and few things for new baby and then leave bigger postnatal bag in the car or at home to be brought in later??

Also be careful with phones/charges/iPods/camera. Dh iPod and charger went missing when I was moved for emcs. Obviously he had other things on his mind so left them out of bag smile

Great tip about Vaseline legally

chickieno1 Wed 24-Jul-13 15:30:32

Hope you're getting some rest tucking and feeling a bit better xx

pinkbuttons Wed 24-Jul-13 15:31:25

Hi all, just checking in on the new thread, thanks roxvox also agree with the title bleugh.

Have had a hormonal emotional day of panicking about hving done nothing to prepare for this baby and have just come on to read everyone is feeling the same, which has made me feel a lot better. We moved 4 weeks ago now and there are still boxes all over the place, have found it so hard to do anything in this bloody heat.

Need to try and keep up better on this thread, although seems like its been a chatty day smile

and just finally to say glad BP was down legally, and send sympathy to all those hot, bothered and ill xx

legallyblond Wed 24-Jul-13 15:33:50

Just to clarify re packing for the hospital bag, I meant all that stuff plus what I would normally take for a night away:
- clothes
- hair straighteners
- make up
- phone charger
- a book
- washing / shower stuff (splash out on really nice shower gel - that first shower after giving birth is bliss!)

I used / will use two hold alls - one for baby one for me. They just slip under the bed.

Tarlia Wed 24-Jul-13 16:19:40

Bleeding lasts between 6-8 weeks for most, but I see some say 4 here. Mine also got heavier on the more active days - if I did too much walking etc. think mine lasted 7 but last couple of weeks was random spotting.

Feel sorry for those of you unpacking, moving and decorating in this heat. We moved end of feb - I hate moving, packing and unpacking blah.

Sat crocheting some little owls this afternoon for a pram string for baby smile

Checking in - a much more reasonable 25 degrees in London today, lovely!

I'd forgotten about the bleeding sad. It's amazing what our hormones minds block out.

PseudoBadger Wed 24-Jul-13 16:26:56

Mine was definitely longer than 4 weeks but I think I've blocked out how long exactly grin

legallyblond Wed 24-Jul-13 16:35:58

Think I bled for 8 weeks - also how long my episiotomy hurt for....

and the piles.......

This thread is not accepting new messages.