Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2014...

(953 Posts)
pinkpeoniesplease Sun 21-Jul-13 16:54:30

Well, almost!

BFP today, EDD 31st March but the March thread is well into thread 2 now!!

PainAuxRaisins Fri 26-Jul-13 21:14:14

Called GP surgery - next available bookable appointment is August 16th!! Alternative is to stand in a queue at 8.30am for an emergency appointment....but this isn't exactly an emergency is it? I'm not even that bothered about seeing a Dr - would be happy just to chat to one over the phone and tell them what's going on then see if they can get me in with the midwives. Having flashbacks from first two pregnancies and recalling how no medical person seemed to give a monkeys until about 10 weeks. Thank you to the April 2013 ladies for your well-wishes - this was you guys this time last year. I bet it seems weird reading our posts!

Definitelysometime Fri 26-Jul-13 21:16:01

Hello everyone, can I join? Got my BFP last weekend and just did a CB digital just now to check - yup, 2-3 weeks! DD 31 march but think I ovulated a little later so likely to be an April baby. Eek!

I haven't had a single symptom, aside from slightly sore (sort of pre menstrual feeling) boobs. Are you all in the same boat? Still don't feel this is at all real!

PainAuxRaisins Fri 26-Jul-13 21:50:33

Welcome Definitely and congrats on BFP. I don't feel like it's really happening either. Even my achy boobs have now subsided so I keep convincing myself I'm no longer pregnant. We should make the most of it before the nausea kicks in!

Definitelysometime Fri 26-Jul-13 21:59:19

Thanks Pain - yes, I guess we'll miss these days when the sickness kicks in but at the moment I'm just hoping for some kind of sign that all is ok in there! 12 weeks seems FOREVER away.

I have a doc appointment on Monday, but sounds like that is pretty pointless! Still, they wouldn't let me go directly to the midwife so needs must.

LeeHandy Fri 26-Jul-13 22:29:02

Pain that's three weeks away! how far along will you be by then?
Definitely congratulations and welcome!
I seem to be the only one with symptoms - or a symptom - which is that my stomach hurts and for long periods of time. Today it's been hurting for more than a couple of hours. There's definitely lot of work going on in there!
I have a question about hospitals. When I went to see the GP, she asked me if I knew which hospital I wanted to go to. I would then be referred to that hospital for all my tests and presumably the birth.
I will have 2 hospitals within 5 miles of my new house, Croydon University & Princess Royal Bromley. Do you know if I have to go to the closest one by distance? Or do I have to go to one in my borough? I will live in Bromley - so Croydon University is in another borough. Any suggestions on how to choose a hospital, please?

PainAuxRaisins Sat 27-Jul-13 09:02:13

Previously I just chose one in a neighbouring borough that I knew I could get to easily (and actually there was one in a different neighbouring Borough that was even closer but apparently heavily over-subscribed). The hospital in my borough is miles away and in the opposite direction of work/school/nursery so I'm really hoping they don't insist I stay 'in-borough' this time.
Do both hospitals near you have a birth centre?? I think that would swing it for me when choosing a hospital for the first time.
Will be 8 weeks by the time my GP can offer me a scheduled appointment! Might have to just walk in next week as a 'non-emergency' emergency (as suggested by the receptionist.....what a stupid system!)

LeeHandy Sun 28-Jul-13 09:32:23

Pain, I've checked and both have a birth centre. But both have some nightmare reviews as well! shock
I think I know people who have had their babies at both, so I will wait for a couple of weeks and talk to them.
good luck with the non-emergency emergency!

LeeHandy Sun 28-Jul-13 09:33:44

sorruly I hit send instead of enter...blush
when are you planning to do the appointment?

LeeHandy Sun 28-Jul-13 09:34:54

I meant sorry! blush I need coffee to become functional in the morning and this does not bode well for my future.

Cloudstar Sun 28-Jul-13 21:48:46

Hello, can I cautiously join? My due date by ovulation is 5 April and this will be my 2nd baby (third pregnancy) - my son is 2. We'd been trying 3 months.

Interesting to read about differing 1st appt dates...I told my GP on Fri and he said I should be seen at my hospital choice at 10-12 weeks but I want to be seen before then and get an early scan b/c my pregnancy with my son was very complicated and high risk. Hoping this one won't be but would like support from the start, really!

Leehandy, you don't have to choose the nearest hospital; I think you get a choice from your GP of a few reasonably local ones. Many hospitals let you go and look around so worth doing that to help decide. Also remember you can always go to one hospital for most of your antenatal care and then change to another one later on/for the birth if you change your mind.

learnasyougo Mon 29-Jul-13 03:22:50

Another new joiner here. I'm still a bit shocked. My EDD is 5-7th April (based on lmp or ov date. I was charting)

The crazy thing is I'm not even off maternity leave from my first yet shock

my employer is going to HATE,me. I got pregnant with my first within 5 weeks of starting as a new employee.

Oh Goddd how am I going to tell them?!

BartBaby Mon 29-Jul-13 07:37:29

Hi everyone please can i join too? smile

Got a faint line sat and sun. Then confirmed with a digi this morning! So still sinking in. Know a few of you from the july bus (waves)

Due date around 7th april. So will wait a few weeks before making any appointments.

Good luck with that learn grin when were you supposed to be due back at work?

FoxMulder Mon 29-Jul-13 08:06:50

Hi Bart! Congratulations! How are you feeling?

As for the hospital thing...my nearest is a midwife led unit, so that means no epidurals or C-sections. If you need any of that stuff you would have to transfer to the next town, which would be 40-50 minutes. And my house is closer to the proper hospitals than the MLU is, so going there is taking me further away. Tricky one.

BartBaby Mon 29-Jul-13 08:18:59

fox im feeling good thank you smile had a bit of nausea on and off for a few days. I got really bad sickness with ds so im really hoping its not that bad this time round. Im not as itchy as a few days ago which feels great! Dying to tell people. But will try to wait a good few more weeks yet. Its nice just me and dh knowing for now.

Im glad your pg is progressing well flowers

learnasyougo Mon 29-Jul-13 09:37:55

I'm due back in a couple of weeks. If my first prgenancy is a guide, I'll be throwing up around then, too.

I was a new starter at this conpany then, 5 weeks in. I had to hide my nausea. I vommed as much as ten times in a day.

I've been employed with them for 20 months and have been not pg or on mat leave for just 5 weeks of that. confused And now this.

ThedementedPenguin Mon 29-Jul-13 09:43:33

Hi I'm joining in, although not sure ill post much until 12 weeks. I'm due the 5th April.

Just out of doctors, well technically still here waiting to see nurse.

No symptoms here at all, it was my lovely TTC group that suggested I test expected bfn but BFP came up. Very shocked.

This is my second pregnancy. Ds is 11 months on the 14th Aug. I'm nervous but very excited.

This time we are keeping quiet until scan date although I'm bursting to tell someone!! Hope everyone is well.

Numum0804 Mon 29-Jul-13 13:06:04

Hello Ladies,

I hope you dont mind if I join you, I have had the most emotionally CRAZY week last week. I went to the doctors on Tuesday because I had brown spotting (sorry for the TMI) and she told me that from an earlier scan that I had PCOS and of corse my fertility would be more difficult. I must admit this was veryyy upsetting for me and put me on abit of a downer. Well turns out on the Thursday I decided to take a test just to be sure it wasn't that and got a BFP!!! smile smile which has sent me over the moon!!! I have calculated my due date to be April hence why I wondered if I could join this one? So now my question is does anyone know if I would need any extra treatment for having PCOS as i no miscarrige is higher then usual or is it all the same?

thanks soo much x

ChocChaffinch Mon 29-Jul-13 20:28:29

Hello ladies! Have just found out so due about 5/5/14 but will be c-sectioning a week before, so about 29th April I should guesstimate, fingers crossed until they break....

cookielove Mon 29-Jul-13 21:22:43

Hello choc sent me this way <waves>

I'm due 4th April 2014 grin

I did my 5th test today. I am seriously addicted smile

ChocChaffinch Mon 29-Jul-13 21:32:23

she pees on EVERYTHING grin

Definitelysometime Mon 29-Jul-13 21:34:16

Great to see so many new BFPs arriving. Congrats to you all!

Learnasyougo that's brilliant! Great to go back to work with another end date in sight grin

How's everyone else feeling? Any symptoms developing?

ChocChaffinch Mon 29-Jul-13 21:34:28

cookie you're 4/4 and Im due 5/5 WEIRRRRDDDDDD

ChocChaffinch Mon 29-Jul-13 21:35:45

symptoms...

side boob pain continues
feel v bloated/heavy/dragging tummy
nothing else really, no crazy tiredness < did have a nap today in pm though>
no nausea <thank the lord>

LeeHandy Mon 29-Jul-13 21:36:48

congratulations and welcome, lovely ladies!

hi there, bart, congratulations once again!

learnasyougo, it does sound like you're in a sticky situation! even if you were pregnant, you did put almost a year of work with them and you are going to do almost that once again. So i wouldn't feel too bad about it. wink

fox, I definitely want an epidural so I would want to be in a hospital block at the very least. If you're in the MLU and have an emergency, you would need to be moved to another hospital 40-50 minutes away? That's rough!

ChocChaffinch Mon 29-Jul-13 21:37:08

learnasyougo what type of job do you have? I'm sure they will be delighted for you, nothing else they can say/do anyway grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now