Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 (Thread 7) - more excitement to come!

(1000 Posts)
Sultanajo Sun 21-Jul-13 09:07:28

The one where hopefully we are feeling less nauseous and knackered (although we develop hippo hands and feet due to the heat!), we are entering or are in our second trimester (phew!), we continue with 12 week scans and test results (ekkk!), we have 16 week midwife appointments and hear the heartbeat (OMG - aw!), we potentially see the beginnings of bumps and feel the first flutters of movement (wow!) and the 20 week scan for some is just around the corner! grin

Oh and we try to improve our diets after surviving on one food group during the first trimester!!! wink

Bring it on thread 7!!!

(pod hope I did you proud)!

MrsRApilot Sun 21-Jul-13 23:15:31

Thanks ladies

Frizz love the jungle or space theme for the nursery!

As far as prams etc go I've had everything picked for 3 and a half years smile We're going for either the bugaboo cameleon or the buffalo. I have close friends with the cameleon and I LOVE it. We have a big car so size isn't really an issue. My best friend has the donkey and it's brilliant but I would never buy it for just one child so I'm thinking maybe the buffalo as it seems to be just a single version of the donkey. My local pram shop is going to phone as soon as they get the Buffalo in so that we can go and test drive it. It's pathetic how excited I am about it!

I'm also a complete control freak and I plan everything meticulously so we've had bumps name picked for years as well. Sad I know!!

On the plus side we have a sexing scan arranged for Thursday night so we will soon know who it is I am growing in my belly! Excited wouldn't begin to describe it!!

SarahJayne321 Sun 21-Jul-13 23:17:23

Thanks for the thread sultana

book I've had to shave my tum too, how glamorous!!

About the swollen feet, mine haven't yet but my frigging legs are driving me insane!! Every night I get into bed and they feel like I need to stretch/massage/move/saw them off!

flowersfortea Sun 21-Jul-13 23:22:17

Checking in on the new thread.

Fuls- I hope you are feeling better now and please do ask your mw tomorrow, lots off people have had similar symptoms by the sound of it so hopefully all will continue to be well.

tooth- also feeling tight and stretched here in my lower tummy, and now have a firm mass there that must be the womb, feels really strange to lie on my front as it presses in!

Big news though is that tomorrow we have the dating scan at last! Am excited but also increasingly anxious to know all is hopefully well. Am I the last one for a dating scan?!

Naturegirl82 Mon 22-Jul-13 07:07:22

Morning just checking in. Back to reality and work this morning. So wish I'd booked today off. 5 hours sleep is most definitely not enough sad

MrsVDB Mon 22-Jul-13 07:13:14

Good luck flowers

MrsR wow how exiting! How early can you get that done? I'm only 14w this week but would love to know!

Frizz1986 Mon 22-Jul-13 08:34:21

My belly is def more hairy and not blonde either. I had slowly noticed it but the other day Dh just yelled "wow belly hair alert!" Well thanks for pointing it out.

Def think my bump could be arriving. There is more of a solid mass appearing and i really like it. I think it makes me feel more maternal and protective as something visible is starting to appear. (i hope it's bump anyway as don't want it to all just be fat!) My sister said that it won't take long to be a proper bump once it starts as baby will be growing pretty fast.

Anyone else feeling a bit emotional with the duchess of Cambridge announcement? I saw it on the tv before leaving for work and was welling up like a loon. Think it just makes me think that in less than 6 months time it will be me going into labour and i get proper happy (cue waterworks!)

Good luck for what should be the last of the scans coming up. How exciting that we are all so far along now. Can't believe how quick it will fly by (although I expect that it will go much faster after 20 week scan is done and we are half way)

TobyLerone Mon 22-Jul-13 08:40:31

Hairy bellies? confused

Sultanajo Mon 22-Jul-13 09:06:23

Flowers yeay! Really good luck for your scan! grin

MrsRA well that's putting MY organisational skills to shame!!! How amazing you know which pram you want - how cool is that? Really hope it comes in soon so you can road test it ASAP! AND you are finding out if it's pink or blue this week! OMG! Am excited for you!

It's weird - time suddenly sped up between 16 and 17 weeks, but all of a sudden it is dragging again! Think it will probably drag now until the 20 week scan....Wish I could go browsing for baby stuff today rather than going to work!!! wink

Good morning! I slept well, not enough, but feeling better.
I'm beginning to feel a hardness where the baby is, which is nice, and I'm pretty sure I can feel it moving which is lovely! Its not all the time, but enough to reassure me a little. I'm 14+3 today.

we got the quinny zapp second hand when ds was born, I think we're gonna stick with that. I was debating getting a new one, but I'm really not sure.

I'm watching Lady and The tramp with ds at the moment, he's transfixed! Makes a change from the Gruffalo

keskiviikko Mon 22-Jul-13 09:29:47

Sorry to keep you waiting ladies. I got the results late of Friday, and Bob has the all clear. Only 2 of everything. Spent the weekend fixing the kitchen after puppy got himself locked in there and destroyed the place and sorting out the bedroom that is going to be Bob's. A huge relief now hopefully I can start enjoying this pregnancy milarky. I am however thinking of writing a book 'the truth about being up the duff'. Why is everything such a big secret? I thought in month 4 the bladder control of a small child would improve, supposidly not it's for ever now! The all day sickness would clear, nope get shares in ginger biscuit. And don't even get me started on the top secret of all top secrets, the wind! grin

Sultanajo Mon 22-Jul-13 09:53:23

Keski that's great news! As you can say, you can move on now and start to enjoy things..... Liking your book idea! I think it should start with "from the moment you start TTC you will start to worry and this will continue and heighten once you receive your bfp and will not stop, so you need to find coping strategies NOW or you will drive yourself insane!" grin

enormouse Mon 22-Jul-13 10:23:46

fryingpan I had to watch the gruffalo on a loop. I love it but no one needs to see it that much. We've now moved onto puss in boots.

keskiviiko great to hear from you and fantastic you've got the all clear. Hearing you about the wind!

sultana the tescos clothes are fantastic. We're getting the cookie monster and hungry caterpillar gros. I wish I knew if the little one was a boy or girl as the clothes are cute. Dp says believing nub theory saying it's a girl isn't enough. Thanks for passing on the link

I'm getting buggy envy of those of you buying new ones, have to keep reminding myself that ours are fine. I'm still having a little spotting so I feel for the ladies still spotting.

BuntCadger Mon 22-Jul-13 11:11:04

MrsR - I love my bugaboo smile def a great choice there.

The hairy belly bit...... I've had one since ds1 and it never went away! blush

15 weeks today and feeling wriggles often like a little fish. Zom is clearly having fun lol

keski delighted to hear your news!

furry bellies this is not something I was warned about. I would like the address of the customer complaints dept to write to - I do NOT want a hairy belly. Someone should do something about it...

Back at work today, but no boss, so MNing and baby browsing all day. My Casabu order has been dispatched - first baby things on their way!

MrsRApilot Mon 22-Jul-13 11:39:16

MrsV 'Babybond' will scan from 16 weeks for £79 but if you have the patience to wait another 2 weeks they do a 'justgender' scan for £39 which is a really good price I think. With the problems I've been having we wanted to find out who asap. Patience is definitely not my virtue.

sultana it's not so much organisation as obsession lol but I am sooo excited anout finding out who baby is. smile

Frizz I'm the same - really wanting my bump to be an obvious baby bump rather than it's current appearence of too much chocolate and I think it is slowly starting to change. Woohoo!

frying my kids love the Gruffalo as well and I must admit that I have a bit of a soft spot for Julia Donaldson books/animations.

Haha keski love 'the truth about being up the duff'. That's fab news about the test - so pleased for you.

bunt that's so cool you're feeling baby often. I can feel him/her occasionally but with my DD I felt her far more frequently/easily at this stage and second time around you're supposed to feel it earlier. I wonder if it has anything to do with the placenta being at the bottom and towards the front hmm

flowers good luck for tomorrow!

keskiviikko Mon 22-Jul-13 11:51:08

Hairy Belly! By the Gods, this actually happens? stares at navel. Nope, no fluff yet. I can't do extra hair in this heat. That is definately going in the book!

MrsGSR Mon 22-Jul-13 11:58:19

Really pleased for you keski smile

Good luck for tomorrow flowers!

I dreamt last night that there was a problem with my blood test and a doctor rang me up to tell me I must be a lot further along than I am. Took me a few minutes when I woke up to figure out if it was a dream or had actually happened.
Still no movements here, I'm getting a bit impatient!

MrsVDB Mon 22-Jul-13 12:29:42

mrsr thank you for that. My explorer at work doesn't show the website well so can't see the 16 week scan but I'm tempted by the 18w scan as my nhs one isn't until nearly 22 weeks

Sultanajo Mon 22-Jul-13 12:32:43

MrsGSR I too am getting impatient! Trying to remember "good things come to those who wait". I know it will happen and probably in the next few weeks, but I still really want to be able to feel movements NOW!!! wink. I think the bubbling feeling I had the other day must just have been wind. How disappointing!

Frizz and MrsRA I too am impatiently patiently waiting for a true bump. For the last two days I have looked properly preggers and I was getting really excited and then this morning the constipation moved (TMI!!) and am back to looking like a fattie again!

Must learn to be more patient and as long as everything is as it should be and I have a healthy happy bubba that's all that matters! Stupid heat is just making me grumpy! Grumble grumble!

MrsVDB Mon 22-Jul-13 12:37:15

mrsr looked it up on my phone. I'm too impatient! I'm going to go for 16 week scan too. Only 2 weeks to wait!!

MrsAVB Mon 22-Jul-13 12:53:25

Oooooh... crown!
Whoever was talking about wall stickers earlier (sorry I've forgotten...)...Are they really removable? Or do they leave marks? They have some nice ones on casabu on sale til weds, although they are prob still more expensive than eBay.
Although my voms are getting less frequent, it seems like when they do come there is far less warning and they are nasty ones. Ho hum. Am definitely glowing - but in a red sweaty way rather than a lovely pregnancy way.
Have a good day all
X

MrsGSR Mon 22-Jul-13 12:55:44

sultanajo It's so frustrating! DH keeps putting his hand on my stomach and concentrating really hard, I've told him he won't feel anything until a few weeks after I do but he's determined to prove me wrong! It's quite sweet!

MrsGSR Mon 22-Jul-13 12:58:46

MrsA I've never used them before but according to the seller on eBay they don't leave any marks. I figure even if they do it'll be easier to touch up small bits of the wall rather than repaint the whole room.

Mythreeknights Mon 22-Jul-13 13:08:54

Congratulations Keski - what a relief and well done you for holding it together all this time. This bellyfluff idea is making me chortle a lot - mine is all clear (although the muff maintenance is going to get harder as the bump gets larger...in fact, will probably be non existent.

I think a Truth about Pregnancy book is a GREAT idea - you can put it up as a thread on MN and collect everyone's ideas. Other than still being tired, I am sooooo hungry all the time. Anyone else?

MrsGSR Mon 22-Jul-13 13:28:49

In starting to get hungry now nausea is pretty much gone.

Just saw the headline 'Royal baby to be introduced to world with a 41-gun salute and a proclamation on an easel', I'm going to have to rethink our birth announcement idea, seems a bit too understated now...

This thread is not accepting new messages.