Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 (Thread 7) - more excitement to come!

(1000 Posts)
Sultanajo Sun 21-Jul-13 09:07:28

The one where hopefully we are feeling less nauseous and knackered (although we develop hippo hands and feet due to the heat!), we are entering or are in our second trimester (phew!), we continue with 12 week scans and test results (ekkk!), we have 16 week midwife appointments and hear the heartbeat (OMG - aw!), we potentially see the beginnings of bumps and feel the first flutters of movement (wow!) and the 20 week scan for some is just around the corner! grin

Oh and we try to improve our diets after surviving on one food group during the first trimester!!! wink

Bring it on thread 7!!!

(pod hope I did you proud)!

BookTart Sun 21-Jul-13 15:50:45

Nice thread sultanajo I have hippo feet sad It had to take my footsie tights things off the other day, because they were digging in and leaving marks. I fear I will end up looking like a Hobbit!

I've got my fingers crossed for you fuls and mrsrapilot - bleeding is scary and I hope you get answers soon.

I'm 15+5 but still don't have a 16 week appointment or a 20 week scan date. In fact I haven't heard from my midwife since booking in over a month ago, even though I've tried to phone her and have sent her a text a couple of times. Getting a bit fed up with it. Also haven't heard either way about my 12 week combined test yet - toby, have you had anything from WHH yet? Can't tell the in-laws until I have the results, as DP's brother has Downs and we'd like to be able to reassure them a bit when we announce it. Also don't feel comfortable telling my dad and brothers until a bit further along.

MrsAVB Sun 21-Jul-13 16:44:35

Checking in...
Thanks for the new Fred sultana! Hope pod is ok?
X

Pop2014 Sun 21-Jul-13 17:07:28

Yay, new thread, thanks Sultano.

Fuls hope you get to relax soon!

Its so nice that its cooler today.

Re prams, with dd we had a bugaboo chameleon but it was a bit of a nightmare. Its so big and dosnt fold down properly and takes up so much space in the car. This time were going to try the bugaboo bee which is much smaller folds down in one go and you can attach a maxi cosi to it which we already have from dd. also you can attach the little skateboard things that dd can stand on.

Feeling loads better too, still have some bad days but hooray for second trimestergrin

Pop2014 Sun 21-Jul-13 17:08:11

Was going to say too anyone heard from keski re her call for her results? Hope shes ok and pod too.

Sultanajo Sun 21-Jul-13 17:19:25

book if you start to shrink and get pointy ears its time to worry!,grin

mrsa I hope so too. Hopefully she is just chocka and dealing with her house problems....

fuls & mrsra fingers crossed for both of you! Bleeding is indeed scary and unexpected - really never expected for it to be so stressful!

So pleased it has been a bit cooler today! Hurray! grin

lovelilies Sun 21-Jul-13 17:21:50

Not heard from keski, however I didn't come on with our results straight away, it's such an emotional time.
In other news, DP and I keep rowing ALL THE BLOODY TIMEangry
honestly, he makes my blood boil. He acts like a spoiled kid, as long as he's happy, sod the rest of us. Anyone want to swap? He does have some good points, I think, just struggling to remember them right now sad

TobyLerone Sun 21-Jul-13 17:24:06

I saw Pod post on another thread yesterday so I think she's fine smile

No way, love. I'm not swapping. It seems I am in a small minority of people who actually like their DH!

Mac2014 Sun 21-Jul-13 17:33:31

Just checking in...

Hope all are well and everyone's surviving the heat.

love I too am constantly rowing with DH. Last night I was told that his life doesn't change til Jan and I just needed to get on with it... Didn't know why that would piss me off. They are just oversized children.

lovelilies Sun 21-Jul-13 17:37:34

They are mac. But I don't love him unconditionally, like my children, wherein lies the problem. I expect certain things from him, he's great at promising stuff, but sucks at carrying them out.
And in giving all my attention to him, and allowing myself to get upset by things, I'm being a crap mum to dd (not his dd).sad

curlywurlyllass Sun 21-Jul-13 17:47:55

Checking in, thanks sultana for this lovely new thread :D

Mrsra and fuls hope your bleeding worries end soon

I really need to look at prams for going out shopping etc- it feels like you are all talking a foreign language with names/makes! Ive so far avoided thinking of anything as I've never dreamed i could get this far before sad
I do have a pram tho- dp's navy mint condition silvercross pram from when he was born so 34yrs old! His parents kept it immaculate (2x boys) and it even has the origional canopy smile

Sultanajo Sun 21-Jul-13 17:56:36

toby glad to hear pod is still posting elsewhere. I am also not swapping my DH - we have our moments, but I feel very lucky I have found such a good un! grin

Bought another friends three week old bubba some really cute outfits and a super soft jelly cat rabbit shaped rattle! Just could not resist. Managed to not go with the "one for her, one for me" somehow, although did make a mental note for later....wink

MrsGSR Sun 21-Jul-13 18:33:18

Just checking in smile

flowers to those who are spotting or still waiting for results, mine haven't come through yet but the scan was only last Monday so I'm not expecting them for a while.

DH has just gone away for another week, so I've set myself up in bed with loads of bottled water and some snacks, and plan to spend the rest of the evening watching Netflix smile I'm 14+4 ish today, and DH finally convinced me to put it on facebook! Everyone has been really sweet, and as most of my friends are on there (and those who aren't live in my home town where gossip gets around very fast) I can stop worrying about who does and doesn't know smile

I'm not sure if anyone is still waiting to have to dating scan, good luck to anyone who has it this week smile

Checking in - my laptop is currently kaput so I am on DH's and won't be on in the evenings until mine is fixed. Grrr.
Have been quiet for a few days as doing wedding cake - I'll put a pic on my profile in a sec. Slept most of today as was SO tired after all that work.
Haven't even thought about prams, or anything else - we don't have space even for a cot here, so need to move house first. Fun. We're probably going to have to rent again, as DH won't have a job until Sept earliest, so we wouldn't be able to get a big enough mortgage until then. Which leaves us with rented as our only option. I may just decorate a nursery and say sod the landlord! If I did and then slapped magnolia back over when we left, that'd be okay, wouldn't it?

MrsGSR Sun 21-Jul-13 18:47:48

humpty talk to your new landlord about it, we're aloud to do what we want as long as when we move its back to how it was when we moved in. But I'm probably just going to put some of the wall stickers from eBay up, I've found a set of pastle jungle animals that are really cute smile

Frizz1986 Sun 21-Jul-13 19:15:39

mrsg we are going to get some jungle animal things too. We decided that as we arent going to find out the sex we would either go for a jungle theme or a space theme as we are both science and nature people. There seemed to be lots more jungle things so we have found some lovely removable jungle wall stickers and a changing mat etc. Even dh is very excited about decorating the room.

BuntCadger Sun 21-Jul-13 19:44:46

Not swapping mine either, he's had his bachelor moments but with 3 dc (eldest is mine from prev relationship but no diff to other 2) he's absolutely amazing and helps with them, works 40hr week but starts early so we all have dinner together and always helps bedtimes. We're lucky I think as he's so involved. This is the guy I've know for 20 years and was never getting married or having kids.. Lol

Penny31 Sun 21-Jul-13 19:57:42

Hi everyone.

Sorry those who are bleeding, just when you think you are relatively safe. I'm sure it's nothing, but I understand that you can't help worrying.

I've chosen my pram, an icandy peach smile think I've also chosen nursery furniture, but all I've bought so far are some vests!

I wouldn't change my DP either, he has his moments but he does his best!

Can't believe it's Sunday night already, where has the weekend gone!?

BookTart Sun 21-Jul-13 20:08:11

I know penny, I soooo don't want to go to work tomorrow!

I hve just had to shave my tummy blush I was prepared for my body to go to pot, but I wasn't expecting to turn into a primate! WAIL!

Sultanajo Sun 21-Jul-13 20:10:05

penny I have just been looking at the icandy apple! The reviews of the apple seemed slightly more favourable but for the life of me I cant remember why and suspect if I looked on another it would be the opposite! I think thats why I am finding so hard to decide on one as each time I think I have found "the one" I get put off by a review.... Have discovered a massive pram store near us, so in a couple of weeks will go down there and try a bunch! Very excited by that! grin

Sultanajo Sun 21-Jul-13 20:14:45

Oh book that made me giggle! My tummy is also getting furrier, but luckily its pale fur at the moment.... However I have developed a whisker on my cheek which I have to keep cutting! Wtf!!! DH has been taking the piss out of it - you can only see it in certain lights when its long so I will walk around with it for days before I realise and hack it off again!!! grin

MrsAVB Sun 21-Jul-13 20:19:54

Pram talk just makes me want to put my hands over my ears and go "la la la!" There are way too many to choose from and buying something that big still feels weird.
Also have the Sunday night blues, boo!
X

Sultanajo Sun 21-Jul-13 20:28:29

mrsavb I know what you mean. Just suddenly got the urge. I dont wanna rush it and DHs hols are my best chance of getting DH to spend the time I think its going to require and also indulge my need to browse for baby bits! All my mates popping babies out and seeing all their cute things suddenly makes me want to go hunting. I like to be organised and am a bit of a control freak and this is something I CAN be in control of, after feeling helpless for weeks! grin

MrsGSR Sun 21-Jul-13 20:53:49

I have a furry tummy to. It's blonde, but still very annoying. I have some exfoliator hair removal mitt things I'm going to use if it gets any worse!

BookTart Sun 21-Jul-13 21:07:07

Exfoliator hair removal mitts are a genius idea! Sadly, mine is not blonde. I am not officially hairier than DP. And he has a moustache/beard!

Toothfairy78 Sun 21-Jul-13 22:07:01

Ooh, hi everyone! Thanks for the new thread sultanta.

Have just got back from weekend in pleasantly cool Yorkshire seeing friends and their sprogs extracting as much intel as poss from friends on prams, car seats etc and seeing DH enjoying himself entertaining the little ones. Also had a good 6 mile hike on the Moors followed by some superb ice cream in Slaithwaite. Yum!

And things are starting to feel tight n stretched down there now.

Do not want to go to work tomorrow!

This thread is not accepting new messages.