Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduated elderberries - 30+ and looking forward to DC1! (Thread 6)

(1000 Posts)
HazleNutt Sat 20-Jul-13 16:52:10

Oh, looks like I wrote the last post! So new thread here where we will see more berry babies and hopefully loads more graduates as well.

Cavort Thu 05-Sep-13 23:48:02

My mate who works in telly has done something with him (not like that you filthy minded lot) and she reckons he's really nice but does confirm he's practically a satsuma close up. grin

I have no idea how many perfumes he has but he was promoting 2 new ones today, which some woman sprayed me with as a ploughed through with the pram, and they're both actually quite nice. I could obviously never buy them though just in case someone ever said I smelled nice and asked what it was. I would die of shame admitting I was wearing Peter Andre. grin

Alexandra6 Fri 06-Sep-13 06:23:27

I'm not a fan of these celeb perfumes as think it's tacky if it's celebs like him or Britney Spears so I'd never buy them either even if they smelt gorgeous! I am very blush to say I do have a secret crush on both him and Gary Barlow though - I just love a mr nice guy family man type! <bows head in shame>

Up at the crack of dawn as DH is hosting a golf day and accidentally woke me up. Really should go back to sleep but instead I'm googling cotbeds and baby stuff! I won't get a chance to nap later as the loft conversion builders arrive soon and I'll have to listen to their banging, singing and "banter" all day! It's all looking like it will be done in time though, touch wood, which is good as my phone app now says 11 weeks 6 days to go which is starting to sound really close! Better start doing some hypnobirthing bullshit CD's or something soon! grin

MotherOfCleo Fri 06-Sep-13 08:05:15

Midwife today, hope she actually does something about my cystitis.

Re perfumes I did have a kylie sweet darling one as it smelt amazing. Apart from that Im a Marc Jacobs or DKNY girl grin

Alexandra6 Fri 06-Sep-13 08:35:14

Kylie's cool wink actually let me know if anyone else can recommend any others too as I'm going to put perfume on my xmas wish list if anyone asks, have just run out. I love Chanel chance but have worn it for years and not sure if that one is getting a bit 'old'/overdone now?

Cavort Fri 06-Sep-13 08:44:50

It's Issey Miyake's L'eau D'Issey for me. I've got lots of nice perfumes (no celeb ones grin ) but I always end up back with my old fave.

Alex if you have a soft spot for Peter Andre why didn't you go talk to him when Janey says he was eyeing you up? My DH is well aware that if the opportunity ever arose for me to 'talk' to Steve Jones I would be over like a shot, possibly knocking DH over on my way past. grin

How was Miles' sleep last night Janey? Is your new regime working? <watches with interest>

janey1234 Fri 06-Sep-13 09:09:11

Mmmm, Steve Jones. I'd fight you for him...

Perfume wise, I love issey miyake too, like you have worn it for years and keep coming back to it. I loved Prada tendre but it's been discontinued hmm Also currently wearing Chanel mademoiselle and Stella McCartney Lily. Not all at once you understand.

Hmmm sleep wasn't as good, he was crying due to wind at one point. But def better than before, much better, so am going to keep going with my slightly lax version of it.

Alexandra6 Fri 06-Sep-13 09:15:44

I've seen him at two other media events since cavort, he's practically my bit on the side now wink DH is horrified as don't think he's flattered by the fact I fancy him and Peter Andre grin DH is much better, really not sure what the orange midget thing is about tbh! wink

HazleNutt Fri 06-Sep-13 09:26:21

L'eau D'Issey is my mum's favourite perfume, the only one she uses.
At the moment I mostly use
www.comptoir-sud-pacifique.com/gamme-produit/produit/7/449/vanille-extreme.html mixed with www.comptoir-sud-pacifique.com/gamme-produit/produit/6/463/coco-extreme.html

MotherOfCleo Fri 06-Sep-13 09:40:41

my perfume favs are marc jacobs daisy, d&g light blue and dkny be delicious.

Man wise I'm all about Robbie Williams, although I wouldn't kick Ryan Reynolds out of bed. My slightly embarassing one is that I love Vin Diesel, I'm not usually into muscles but ohhhh yes please. wink

I'm very boring, only ever wear Chanel No.5 but I like it, it suits me.

BelissimaLol Fri 06-Sep-13 22:51:49

Was brave enough to go out for dinner with dh only to find 8 missed calls from my mum confused. Lara got very distressed by the time she finished the first bottle and realised there was another one to follow rather than boob. My mum said she was purple with all the screaming. By the time I got the calls she was back asleep so we finished our dinner and came home. I now feel guilty that I left her here to go and enjoy myself. No chance of dtd whatsoever!

Cavort Sat 07-Sep-13 03:18:16

Oh Lol it's horrible to hear about her being distressed but she has to will get used to it. Tonight is the third time I have been out since Elodie was born, and the first two she was apparently quite cranky and didn't really sleep until I got in, but tonight she has slept really well while I have been out for my Sister's birthday and is sound asleep now while I sit here pumping and dumping. As my DH keeps saying to me, she won't die from crying and won't remember this once she's older. You have absolutely no reason to feel guilty, you went out for the first time in ages and made sure your baby was well looked after. As much as you undoubtedly adore your baby, some time away does wonders for your wellbeing. smile

janey1234 Sat 07-Sep-13 06:55:33

Oh lol hmm At least she recovered, and as cavort says, it won't have done any harm in the long run. Hope you had a good night?!

Yay for sleep. Miles slept 7.30-6.30, with short wakes for feeding at 10 and 4. That uninterrupted six hour stretch was amazing smile

Off to get my highlights done today. So exciting to be doing such a selfish thing!

MotherOfCleo Sat 07-Sep-13 09:21:16

lol I agree with cav an janey you deserve some you time. Try not to beat yourself up.

MotherOfCleo Sat 07-Sep-13 09:22:51

oh and janey I may need to borrow you when this one arrives, I want a sleeper like that! grin

Thunder's had a 12 week scan and all is fine!

janey1234 Sat 07-Sep-13 10:25:56

Yay yay very good news smilesmilesmile

I'm like some weird proud mum telling everyone her news!!

HazleNutt Sat 07-Sep-13 11:12:59

we're almost full again, so whoever writes the last post, will make a new thread.

MotherOfCleo Sat 07-Sep-13 11:26:03

yay, fab news!!!! grin

Ok mums, going shopping for baby stuff today, just wondering how much newborn stuff i need compared to 0-3?

HazleNutt Sat 07-Sep-13 11:45:32

Depends on how big the baby will be - I remember somebody here complaining that they didn't have enough of newborn stuff, they do puke and pee on the clothes quite a bit. But in my case, I packed most newborn-1 month clothes away without Vic ever wearing them, as he just grew out of them in the matter of minutes.

So as with bras, just get the minimum, you can always buy (online) more after the baby is born.

janey1234 Sat 07-Sep-13 12:45:35

Miles was in newborn for quite a while...
Either way I wouldn't buy many 0-3 as you get soooo many as presents!

HazleNutt Sat 07-Sep-13 13:42:24

interestingly we mostly got 6-9 month clothes as presents - everybody said "ooh you'll get so many newborn clothes anyway, so I got something for later"

Cavort Sat 07-Sep-13 13:48:29

It was me that didn't have any clothes when she was born as Newborn was way too big and I hadn't bought anything in Tiny Baby size. I had to do a dash to Mothercare when she was a few days old to get some stuff.

Mother I wouldn't bother getting any actual clothes as you get millions as gifts, I would just get say 8-10 of both sleep suits and body suits in both Newborn and 0-3 and maybe a few in Tiny Baby (which is generally up to 7.5lbs so not that small) just so you don't get caught out like I was. You would have to be having a massive baby for him or her to go straight into 0-3 but it's still worth getting them as they obviously will fit at some point. I think that will be plenty to get gong with and then you can get more as and when. You will probably need a few cardigans and perhaps a snow suit as it will presumably be quite cold when yours arrives.

Cavort Sat 07-Sep-13 13:53:53

This thread is not accepting new messages.