Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduated elderberries - 30+ and looking forward to DC1! (Thread 6)

(1000 Posts)
HazleNutt Sat 20-Jul-13 16:52:10

Oh, looks like I wrote the last post! So new thread here where we will see more berry babies and hopefully loads more graduates as well.

BelissimaLol Mon 22-Jul-13 17:46:35

Thanks, I called them and they told me to put a pad on and see if its damp in a couple of hours time. So I'm waiting. Ive just literally put it on now so now its just patience. I'm not feeling any different, just a few more BH than usually but no pain whatsoever. Maybe I'm just panicking over nothing!

Cavort Mon 22-Jul-13 17:57:47

Why are you panicking? Baby is fully cooked so isn't it a good thing if it's the start of something? smile

BelissimaLol Mon 22-Jul-13 18:34:58

True! I'm just like that ha ha.
Currently waiting to see if pad gets wet or not!
Will keep you all posted.
Thanks x

Cavort Mon 22-Jul-13 18:56:22

Yes please Lol, keep us posted. FX it's the start of something for you. I'm getting quite addicted to the excitement of all these births! smile

I hope things are progressing for you Brave flowers

janey1234 Mon 22-Jul-13 19:48:05

Ooh ooh potentially two more berries on the way? So exciting. Good luck to you both!

Miles has now regained birth weight (finally) so been discharged by midwife. Last week he'd put on 100g which the midwife said was good, but was still 40g under birth weight so had to go back today. In seven days he's put on just over 300g - I did warn her he'd been eating non stop! She said he was clearly thriving though which was so nice to hear. Sore nipples are worth it!

My waters went with a bit more of a dramatic gush than that Lol so can't really advise but fingers crossed for you that it's the start of something!

janey1234 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:22:06

Ooh bbc news says that brave has had a boy! wink

MotherOfCleo Mon 22-Jul-13 21:25:42

haha janey, I was going to say exactly the same grin

Alexandra6 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:44:55

How did you get on lol - any news from pad watch?! grin

BelissimaLol Tue 23-Jul-13 06:17:26

No news on pad watch. Maybe I just got a sweaty fanny in this heat grin
Will wear a pad from now on so as I don't put DH on standby for nothing! I really hope I'm not that overdue or ill go nuts. What's the maximum they let you go by the way? Is it 42 weeks or 40+12? At this point 2 days make a difference!
Where is brave and her royal baby boy?? Hope everything is ok!
How's everyone else? The heat last night was close to unbearable. Quite looking forward to thunderstorms!

Alexandra6 Tue 23-Jul-13 07:14:01

Was woken up in the night by crazy thunderstorms in the night!

grin at sweaty fanny. Will google inducing timing!

I know it's a bit selfish and me, me, me but what if brave Kate chooses our baby name for a boy, do you think that matters?! We've got our heart set on it now! We're team green anyway so who knows if we'll ever even have a boy so could make no difference whatsoever!

Alexandra6 Tue 23-Jul-13 07:17:34

Found this on NHS site. My midwife also said you can refuse inducement as long as baby not distressed until the timing makes sense by your dates, if you are 100% they're slightly out by dating scans (mine is 3 days out):

Most women go into labour spontaneously by the time they are 42 weeks pregnant. If your pregnancy lasts longer than 42 weeks and you decide not to have your labour induced, you should be offered increased monitoring to check your baby's wellbeing.

Alexandra6 Tue 23-Jul-13 07:19:06
MotherOfCleo Tue 23-Jul-13 07:22:48

had such an awful nights sleep! sad Way too hot, had to move into the spare room in the end. Wish I didnt have work today and could nap.

BelissimaLol Tue 23-Jul-13 07:43:15

Thanks Alex. Looks like it could be 3 whole weeks until she's born then sad
I would not worry about baby name tbh. But that's just me! If you have your heart set on it then go for it!

Alexandra6 Tue 23-Jul-13 07:54:38

Thanks lol we have our heart set on this particular name if it is a boy so don't want to change it! There has been quite a run of boys lately around me so that's making me think maybe mine's a girl (I know it doesn't work like that!!)

I wonder if you can be induced earlier if you wanted to be? You def would be if they thought it was necessary by the sounds of it. Hopefully it will kick off naturally before it comes to that, fingers crossed for you!

Cavort Tue 23-Jul-13 08:25:05

My LHA induces at 42 weeks and no sooner unless there's a potential problem.

People all over Facebook are moaning about being woken up by a big storm a few hours ago which I appear to have slept through. How strange that I wake up if Elodie makes the smallest noise but have slept straight through a massive thunderstorm. I am so tired though after 5 hours sleep last night. I can't wait to get back in bed when she nods back off!

janey1234 Tue 23-Jul-13 08:31:49

We woke up for the storm, but Miles slept right through it. Impressive as it was bloody loud! He did then wake up at 4.30am for a feed and hasn't gone back down properly since. He appears to have got out of the wrong side of bed today and is really grouchy. Fun day ahead it would seem...

Alexandra6 Tue 23-Jul-13 08:53:21

Apparently *brave* Kate has had hairdressers arriving for a post birth blow dry, would love that! No I def don't feel sorry for her, I think she'll have a lovely privileged time with her new arrival!

I hope brave is ok! And hope Miles cheers up too!

Cavort Tue 23-Jul-13 09:07:07

The media gush all over her go on about how 'normal' she is but then she has hairdressers arriving at the hospital! Normal, my arse!
Admittedly I didn't have a bank of photographers camping outside thank fuck as I was walking like John Wayne when we left hospital, but my immediately post-birth photos are quite good and I hadn't touched my hair or make up.

MotherOfCleo Tue 23-Jul-13 09:32:48

Alex I was convinced ours was a girl and my friend was convinced hers was a boy, we were both totally wrong. blush It's odd, I still find myself thinking about our little girl and we are having a boy.....baby brain or what!! We seem to be one boy out of 4 girls, all of my pregnant friends that I know of locally are having girls, he should have his pick of the ladies at least. wink

I started painting the nursery last night, the furniture is coming thursday, although we wont be putting it up yet as we need new carpet first. Starting to feel very real!!!

I am bound to look shocking in the photos.....sweaty and drained....attractive.

Alexandra6 Tue 23-Jul-13 09:35:36

Spoke to DH and he thinks it makes absolutely no difference if she steals happens to make the same name choice as us!

Alexandra6 Tue 23-Jul-13 09:40:46

Cross post mother - exciting you're doing the nursery up! We have to wait until our loft conversion is started and finished I think before doing that up (although not sure how much it affects the upstairs bedrooms, better ask them!). So that could left until a month before the baby is due at this rate!!

You let people take photos Cavort shock I don't think anyone has been near me with a camera still and she's three weeks old! Thinking on it...when she grows up and looks at the photos she might think Daddy stole her as there's not much evidence I was even around grin

Cavort Tue 23-Jul-13 09:57:48

Alex I agree it doesn't matter if the Royals choose your boys name, unless your RL last name is Wales or Cambridge maybe. smile

Yes but they're only photos for us Purple, definitely not for public consumption. DH went a bit snap happy straight after the birth and I didn't really mind as I thought I would just delete them if they were terrible, but they're actually quite nice to look back on - even the one of me doing the first BF and pulling a funny face as she demolished my nipples for the first time. On most of the photos I have an absolutely massive grin which I think was relief rather than joy. grin

How are you getting on with expressing? I have bought a pump but haven't used it yet but FX it will give me a bit of freedom for DH to do a night feed on weekends so I can hopefully get something resembling a good nights sleep. Hazle and Janey are either of you expressing?

This thread is not accepting new messages.