Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2014 - Thread 2 because we all love a good natter!

(1000 Posts)
Souredstones Fri 19-Jul-13 08:38:42

Stats Thread

Thread 2 for all us lovely chatterboxes! grin

Souredstoneshasasouredpebble Thu 01-Aug-13 21:16:19

Ha ha ha least we have a spare for next time!

PramelaAndherson Thu 01-Aug-13 21:15:30

Aargh! Ignore my link, please, and use Soured's!

PramelaAndherson Thu 01-Aug-13 21:14:27
Souredstoneshasasouredpebble Thu 01-Aug-13 21:11:23
rosyryan Thu 01-Aug-13 20:48:41

Quick, someone start a new thread so it can be linked to this one! I'm on a phone with the worst connection ever or I would do it.

My "woe is me" moment has passed, although DP could still do with a headbutt/kicking, whatever y'all deem appropriate for being an arse.

Yes please, Pramela. I'll pm you my address wink

I've cut my anti-d dose in half since I got my bfp. I guess that's not helping.

SoSurprised Thu 01-Aug-13 20:20:03

faithfulandtruthful I haven't had an appt with the midwives yet. Will arrange it tmrw hopefully. I think I will wait till 12 weeks which is 2 weeks and a few days i think.

TotalShock did you get a date for the 12 week scan yet?

MummyPig24 I think it's the heat today. Intolerable.

Jbrd great news about the scan. Good luck smile

LyraSilvertongue hope you feel better soon and get a good rest

PramelaAndherson Thu 01-Aug-13 20:16:40

*sorry, Lyra, I meant partner.

PramelaAndherson Thu 01-Aug-13 20:16:09

Thanks, girls, for being nice about my stupidly excited post.

Lyra, do you want me to come round and headbutt your husband?

Feeling utterly shit right now, like my life is not worth living. DP is being a complete arse, I'm missing my boys (they're away with their dad) and I feel like crap. Want to go to sleep and not wake up.

MummyPig24 Thu 01-Aug-13 19:57:25

pirates how old are your children? Taking the piss is a fab way to describe how my little terrors have been today. I actually cried this afternoon cos I felt so crap.

Coolhand Thu 01-Aug-13 19:46:01

Rockchick really like 'today I am pregnant' - I'm going to go with that until my scan in 2 weeks. Thanks!

Pramela beautiful post. So glad things going well for you.

Jbrd great news on reassurance scan - everyone will have fx for you.

I start off every morning feeling not remotely pregnant them feel progressively more pregnant as day goes on! I'm def not feeling as tired though which I didn't get over until 13 weeks last time.

PiratesMam Thu 01-Aug-13 19:34:08

MummyPig I've been asking myself why we thought a 3rd was a good idea today too!! Reckon first trimesters in the summer holidays are a bad idea!!! And the heat is not helping. My two have frankly taken the piss today!

JBrd Thu 01-Aug-13 19:33:46

Hi all, sorry to hear that some of you are suffering with the heat! I spent most of my day in a very air-conditioned office, but had to drive to my booking appointment and then back and then back home, each time I was drenched in sweat (old car with rubbish air con).

I am very happy with my antenatal care so far - here's something I never thought I'd say! After the very nice haem consultant yesterday, the mw today was very nice and reassuring. She is the same as I had with DS, and I wasn't too keen on her back then, but today I could have kissed her! After discussing my history of miscarriage, I asked if it might be possible to maybe get an early scan for reassurance, and she said she'd speak to the EPU.
I never expected anything from it, knowing that the EPU usually don't just scan you, unless there is a significant issue or obvious problem.
However, about an hour after I got back to the office, I get a phone call from the EPU, offering me a reassurance scan THIS SUNDAY!!! I am gobsmacked. I wonder what strings the mw pulled there...

So sorry total, this is the complete opposite of what you've experienced, and I'm really sorry that they are not giving you an early scan.

I am now completely hyper. And totally utterly petrified. In my mind, I had another 5 weeks of blissful ignorance, before having to face the truth. Now it's 3 days. Gulp.

MummyPig24 Thu 01-Aug-13 19:26:20

Thank you faithful. I think we were all bored today. But I'm just so tired I can't face walking miles in the heat.

Dh has been sent out for rennies and ice tea. Then I might be happy!

faithfulandtruthful Thu 01-Aug-13 19:06:36

MummyPig Sorry to hear you've had a bad day, its the hormones. I have found work difficult lately (I'm a childcarer), although yesterday was a good day, I have had similar thoughts about how well I am coping with things and I'm on no 1. Being early preggers in the summer hols is no picnic! I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Take Care

F&T x

MummyPig24 Thu 01-Aug-13 18:59:07

I've had the most horrendous day. The kids have been absolutely awful and I've been feeling like having another baby might be a big mistake. I've felt sick, heartburny, hot and emotional.

Sorry to put a downer on the thread!

faithfulandtruthful Thu 01-Aug-13 18:50:01

gawjus calling in sick is also not an option, can't explain why, it just isnt I'm sure it will be fine, hopefully you'll get your date soon.

Rock I'm not expecting it, I just know that emotionally speaking if I am totally prepared with the knowledge before hand I'll make a better decision whilst emotionally compromised (I do not cope well with adrenalin and find it helpful to have worst case scenarios worked out in my head before the event, i know it seems very negative but I'm really not a negative person.), I'm not too worried just a worst case girl, your answer is very helpful, thank you for sharing.

Ice I haven't had my scan date yet as I have my booking appointment a week today but I will most likely be doing that when I do get it.

SoSuprised I think it is safe to say that it is so not sinking in for me (* wispers * I'm an instadiffer and wasn't expecting to be successful 1st cycle), I expect the scan where I can see I am actually pregnant will resolve that but despite my worry about MC I am not in a hurry to get a scan as I am looking forward to seeing something as baby shaped as possible iyswim, maybe I'm just a bit weird! As for your job I'm sure they will understand, these things happen to the best of us, it is probably one of those scenarios where thinking about having to do it is worse that actually doing it. How much longer before you can tell them?

Becca and JK10 Thanks for letting me know I shall wait and see if I can do the same.

Pramela what fantastic news, so please to hear it, made my day.

F&T x

TotalShock Thu 01-Aug-13 18:27:02

Had my booking in appointment today and cried. I'm so pathetic! She basically said there was no way I would get an early scan even though the doctor sent a letter to the epau.

Really pleased for everyone that's had scans already though!

I just don't feel I can get excited or optimistic til I've seen with my own eyes after last time. We might see if we can get a private one.

Hope everyone is well and coping with this heat!

IceNoSlice Thu 01-Aug-13 18:14:33

Nearly filled another thread guys! Last page.

Pram bless your cottons! Sweet smile

I spent today in the park with DS who is getting close to walking- v tiring! Am now on the sofa trying to recuperate before meeting friends for a Chinese. Got really hungry at 5pm though so had a massive bowl of cereal. Not feeling up to tonight but have to go as I arranged it envy <-- sick feeling

SoSurprised Thu 01-Aug-13 17:47:41

PramelaAndherson that is lovely. I am all awwwwww. I still can get over my baby waving its little limbs at me grin

JK10 Thu 01-Aug-13 17:36:41

pram that's lovely!! So pleased for u!!

JK10 Thu 01-Aug-13 17:32:35

Oh and I can't remember who asked but my scan came through as 2.00 which was no good due to sch pick up and they changed it with no probs to 11.00! So should be okay to request a different day/time?

PramelaAndherson Thu 01-Aug-13 17:29:47

...I have another scan next Friday at 10+3 blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.