Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2014 - Thread 2 because we all love a good natter!

(1000 Posts)
Souredstones Fri 19-Jul-13 08:38:42

Stats Thread

Thread 2 for all us lovely chatterboxes! grin

Souredstones Fri 19-Jul-13 20:50:37

Congrats on the scans ladies!

Got my midwife appointment today, 1st August...yay!

Hubby grabbed me as I walked in today an asked where the belly had come from...he didn't expect visual confirmation this early lol

Coolhand Fri 19-Jul-13 21:12:46

MTB if you're not comfortable with saying yet, use the old on antibiotics line - works a treat!

MummyPig24 Fri 19-Jul-13 22:12:09

Well it was nice but I'm home now. I think the others were in it for the long haul with jugs of pimms and bottles of wine. One other mum is doing a rowing race tomorrow and she lives near me so we walked home together.

JK10 Sat 20-Jul-13 00:46:58

Hey teddy hope all ok, but go a & e if u want too, they'll have to see u. Fingers crossed all a ok x

steak everyone is soooo different, some ppl only have sickness for a few weeks then nothing, some it comes and goes and others don't get it. Do you have a date for your next scan yet? Are u stressing about it bad? Easy for me to say but u just need to take each day as it comes, all the scans and app don't actually make any difference, what will be will be, the prob is they put your mind at rest only until something comes along and unsettles it again like changes in symptoms, which can be totally normal. Hope u ok.

frank such good news

Souredstones Sat 20-Jul-13 07:44:32

teddy just to say good luck and hope you have a restful weekend. Cramps are, apparently, normal. I had some myself last week that were so bad I had to take time off work but <touch wood> I've seen the back of them. Hope that's the case for you.

I'm shattered. Woke up at 5am to use the loo and not been back to sleep since. Zzzzzzzz

Family outing today too so, wish me luck!!

Teddybear4 Sat 20-Jul-13 07:56:16

Thanks all. Cramps eased off in night and spotting got lighter again. Touch wood this continues over the weekend. I'm going to be a knicker checker nutter by Tuesday....!

Thankfully it's a bit cooler here today. The heat is hard work when pregnant with two energetic children to entertain!

IceNoSlice Sat 20-Jul-13 07:58:50

Good news Teddy

Argh insomnia! Please release me. Every night this week I've woken up at about 2am, done DS's night feed then struggled to get back to sleep. Rubbish!!

Souredstones Sat 20-Jul-13 08:10:03

Argh cramps are back and accompanied by bleeding this time sad waiting on a call back from the out of hours. Think today is cancelled.

Please keep everything crossed

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 20-Jul-13 08:21:11

Good luck soured, I'm sorry to hear that. Everything crossed for you.

JK10 Sat 20-Jul-13 08:29:44

soured keeping fingers crossed here, hope all is okay.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sat 20-Jul-13 08:32:58

Keeping all appendages crossed for you Soured. I know how scary and upsetting it is, just try to remember (as so many lovely women on here did for me) that some bleeding can be quite common at this early stage. It is not necessarily an indicator that something is wrong ((hugs))

MortifiedAdams Sat 20-Jul-13 09:10:58

Wondered why the old thread seemed to have died then realised we were onto a second one already!

Am at the docs this morning - not sure the purpose of this appt. I still have to arrange a Booking In for a few weeks time, and they tested my urine two weeks ago....sort of wondering if this will just be a waste of time?

MTBMummy Sat 20-Jul-13 09:37:15

soured keeping everything crossed for you x

Soured hope everything will be ok. Fingers crossed x

Rockchick1984 Sat 20-Jul-13 09:55:43

Soured hope everything is ok, please let us know how you get on. Sending lots of positive energy to you thanks

MTBMummy Sat 20-Jul-13 10:24:23

Bit of a TMI question here, but panicking.

Went to the loo for a poo, and got really bad pains in my fanjo - kind of feels like someone trying to pull out a large but very dry tampon. Anyone had this at all? Small short stabbing pains accompanied for a couple of minutes, but all in my erm girlie area, definitely not high enough to be my abdomen

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sat 20-Jul-13 10:47:37

I've not experienced that MTB, but it could be ligaments shifting and slackening. Keep an eye on it and if in doubt phone your EPAU, that's what they are there for.

Rockchick1984 Sat 20-Jul-13 10:49:01

I had this the other week - Here I started a thread and it was very reassuring. I did more pelvic floor exercises and it went.

Souredstones Sat 20-Jul-13 10:49:53

Thanks for all the positive thoughts guys. I've had an internal scan as bean was too small to see properly on a normal one, but, despite the fact my bleeding is getting heavier bean is where it should be and the heart is beating strongly.

The lady who scanned me was so lovely. Said it could be that the hormones have caused a vein in the cervix to rupture as I've had cervical biopsies before or could be implantation bleeds. But reassured me that I should see the bleeding easing off and turning from the red it is to more of an end of period brown in the next few days and that the fact bean had such a strong heartbeat was a very positive sign.

I have pictures too bless her, doesn't really show much but there is something there to show my husband (who stayed home with the kids)

Thank you all

rosyryan Sat 20-Jul-13 10:54:01

Oh phew Soured. Thank god for a good strong heartbeat. This first trimester is just bloody awful. The stress of it all!

rosyryan Sat 20-Jul-13 10:56:03

Great thread Rockchick grin Useful AND entertaining! I am sorely tempted to changed my username to FannyDaggers.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sat 20-Jul-13 10:56:04

Glad to hear it Soured. We've got a scan pic too - it's just a fuzzy blob, but its our bean all the same grin

Talking to the nurses yesterday they said so many things can cause a bleed and quite often they can't find the actual reason. I've still got some spotting, but its all brown and is tailing off.

MTBMummy Sat 20-Jul-13 11:17:22

Thanks Frankel and RockChick - definitely put my mind at rest - love the term fanny daggers :-)

Soured - so happy for you - fingers crossed the bleeding let's up, just take it easy and look after yourself

AndieDisestablishment Sat 20-Jul-13 11:18:25

MTB I believe that is what one friend called "lightening crotch" which I would agree is probably ligaments slackening to make room for your expanding womb. Oh the joys.

Hi ladies,
Can I join? Its very early for me, but it's my first time so i'm currently obsessed with reading as much as I can.
Found out I was pregnant on Wednesday, and today I'm 4 weeks and 1 day.
Been having fairly strong cramps every once and a while, and keep checking to make sure I'm not bleeding.

It's all so exciting, although I've scared myself sick with all of the mc stats, so i'm just trying to keep positive that its a sticky bean.

This thread is not accepting new messages.