Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2014 - Thread 2 because we all love a good natter!

(1000 Posts)
Souredstones Fri 19-Jul-13 08:38:42

Stats Thread

Thread 2 for all us lovely chatterboxes! grin

Blockette Fri 19-Jul-13 12:17:24

Thats great news Frank! you must be so relived!

I on the other hand AM SO TIRED!!!!

stephie101 Fri 19-Jul-13 13:16:27

Hello ladies........fantastic morning i've had....my lovely little smudge is growing fast and has a heartbeat all of its own....even got a pic :-) been signed off EPAU , but told to pop back if i get the eebee geebees..x

JBrd Fri 19-Jul-13 13:18:47

Fab news, Frankel, what a relief!

I still have no symptoms and don't know if it's a blessing or a curse. I constantly worry that I'm heading for another mc, but at the same time I know that every pg is different, and there is nothing to say that this is not going to be a healthy pregnancy (well apart from me being ancient and the stats are not in my favour ^at all^). confused

Not feeling so bloated today, thankfully, but I have noticed that I appear to be more hungry than normal. But that could also have to do with the fact that I have started exercising regularly again. hmm

Juicy I'm on the heparin injections, too, so much fun, isn't it? Shall we have a competition who has the best bruises grin?!

5+2 today, and time couldn't pass any slower if I wanted it to... Can someone fast-forward me to 16 weeks, please?!
Wondering if I should tell my boss soon - once the consultant appointments get going, I'll have to take quite a lot of time off. She's pg herself, so I'm not worrying about any problems in that respect. Just thought it'd be nice, considering that I've only been in my new job for less than 3 months...

Looking for some reassurance, pliz. I haven't felt nauseous in 24 hours. I had my scan last Friday at 6+1 and I saw the baby and the heartbeat but I'm fretting now that nausea has subsided since yesterday. I am 7+1 today. Those of you who have been pregnant before: does nausea wax and wane? My nipples last night were ferociously sore so I feel silly coming for reassurance, but I'm having a wobble sad

Slippersandacuppa Fri 19-Jul-13 13:50:27

Yep Juicy for me all symptoms came and went. 'Tis really hard not to worry, I know but I'm sure you'll be feeling awful again soon. Something to look forward to, eh?!

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 13:55:23

Juicy - they come and go - sometimes daily with me. But we're here to hold your hand while you have a wobble - it's a scary time.

Thanks, ladies, very much. When should I expect the nausea to return? Such a stupid question blush

Teddybear4 Fri 19-Jul-13 14:53:51

Spotting again, low down cramps and symptoms disappeared.... I'm eight weeks on Tuesday. I can't get an appointment with the EPAU until Tuesday so this could be a very long weekend. I'm a bit panicky about it... hmm

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 14:58:49

Juicy - on my last pregnancy I had none at all, on the MC I had it really badly for a week on and a week off, this one seems to be a few days on and a few days off

rosyryan Fri 19-Jul-13 15:37:48

Just marking place.

I am thrilled for you Frank smile

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 19-Jul-13 15:50:59

Thanks for all the kind words ladies.

Juicy, I've noticed my symptoms (mainly nausea!) coming and going, it was one of the many things worrying me, but I can report it s back with a vengeance this afternoon!

PiratesMam Fri 19-Jul-13 15:59:12

Symptoms have been coming and going for me too. Same for my previous 2 pregnancies. I'm still in normal clothes but my belly is definitely sticking out a bit, especially in my summer clothes, am breathing in a lot but don't know if I can hold my breath for the next 5 weeks!!!

I'm currently thinking this one is a boy as I don't feel as wretched as I did with my girl pregnancy. Don't really have a preference though - there would be pros and cons to either. My girl is currently sitting quietly playing with her dolls house and my boy has just pulled a curtain rail down hmm Hwvr, the girl wakes soon after 6 and the boy would sleep until 9am given half a chance!!!

AndieDisestablishment Fri 19-Jul-13 16:01:05

Teddy If you are really worried, go to A&E then someone has to see you. I thought spotting and cramping together was something they had to check out ASAP.

PiratesMam Fri 19-Jul-13 16:14:12

Agree with * Andie* - fingers crossed for you Teddy

MummyPig24 Fri 19-Jul-13 16:14:53

Still having a bit of "old" blood in discharge. No nausea today, but very tired. The heat doesn't help.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 19-Jul-13 16:27:11

Teddy, I agree with the others if you are concerned then go to A&E, it's always better to check these things out.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 19-Jul-13 16:43:20

Here you all are! grin

Strokethefurrywall Fri 19-Jul-13 16:57:36

I'll probably be on the progesterone pessaries too, heading to the OB later to get them - we're very lucky in that we have 6 week scans here so hopefully only have to wait 2 weeks to see the heartbeat.

I feel for you all in the ridiculous heat though. I live in the tropics and it's always hot here, but I can definitely attest to the fact that it feels hotter in London when it's hot. It's 38oc here and will probably stay this way through til October but we have the luxuries of A/C and homes that are designed to stay cool. I remember staying in my parents house when we came back to visit London last year and I was absolutely sweltering in 26oc heat! It feels far more oppressive in the UK. I really miss London in the summer though when the weather heats up, theres such an air of happiness!

I'm not looking forward to the nausea again though, especially not through the hot summer here. I'm hoping this pregnancy goes as smoothly as the last one, aside from the heinous first 13 weeks, it was easy running.

Hope everyone is feeling ok.

firsttimekat Fri 19-Jul-13 18:18:09

Great news on the scans everyone.

Today feeling much better symptom wise, but work was shit, I just wanted to tell everyone to stop giving me work and didn't they know I was preg and they should be nice to me, obviously they don't know and its a little early to blow my cover!

Lovely to hear good news about the scans today!

I hope this doesn't come across as a lecture, but please make sure you're drinking lots and lots everyone. I passed out earlier, purely from not drinking enough (although hadn't eaten much either).
Stay safe.

MummyPig24 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:06:31

I'm out with the mums from school tonight and I have managed to get here first and order a tonic water with ice and a slice. Phew. If anyone asks its a g&t!!

Coolhand Fri 19-Jul-13 20:19:31

Good news on the scans today.

Teddy sending hugs - really hope things are okay.

DS has bad cold, cough and sore throat which meant he was up from 2.45 until about 5 this morning. Today was not a good day!

IceNoSlice Fri 19-Jul-13 20:29:46

Congrats on positive scans smile

So a strange day here. I did a KIT day at work. I start back after mat leave in a couple of weeks, full time. I'll be 10+5 on my first day back. It's weird. I feel really guilty. And worried that I'll be written off. So far, my bosses have been so positive, telling me how much I was missed and how glad they are that I'll be back soon. How I should go for promotion in the next year. I feel like I'm deceiving them in some way.

Anyone else have strange mixed feelings about work?

IceNoSlice Fri 19-Jul-13 20:30:54

Mummypig - nice. But nicer without the slice wink

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 20:44:31

I'm supposed to be out with some ladies I used to work with, it's just the 3 of us, an I don't know how I'm going to get away with not drinking or staying out until midnight. Not sure if I should just be honest, but it feels too early for that.

I've also just realised tonight I've got to adjust my calorie intake, I've been on a diet and limiting to 1200 calories a day, ice done it for months now, and as I don't have a sweet tooth and can't eat lovely cheeses now I'm struggling to hit my 2000 calories, especially in this hot weather I just don't fancy large meals.

This thread is not accepting new messages.