Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2014 - Thread 2 because we all love a good natter!

(1000 Posts)
Souredstones Fri 19-Jul-13 08:38:42

Stats Thread

Thread 2 for all us lovely chatterboxes! grin

Morning!

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 09:00:37

Thanks Soured - now MUST FILL UP THE OLD THREAD grin

Wuxiapian Fri 19-Jul-13 09:07:48

Good morning, all!

Not the best of starts this side. Awoke with bad back, came down to discover big dog has the runs - all over the utility room. Thankfully, DP cleaned up before leaving (late) for work!

Watching weather forecast did not elevate my already-grumpy mood. Tut.

Hope you're all feeling better than I (?)

mimili Fri 19-Jul-13 09:09:03

Just marking my place..

Rockchick1984 Fri 19-Jul-13 09:14:27

Marking my place...

TWinklyLittleStar Fri 19-Jul-13 09:21:03

<gags at dog diarrhoea story>

MummyPig24 Fri 19-Jul-13 09:28:00

Bloody hell don't think I could deal with doggy runs!

This is my 3rd baby so I'm expecting expansion a lot sooner. Just hope I can keep it under wraps till the first scan.

Beccadugs Fri 19-Jul-13 09:29:33

Hopping on to mark my place!

Morning all!
Out to dinner with a friend last night and told her I'm expecting... felt weirdly like I was making it up! Looking at early scans to convince myself there's something in there - no symptoms at the moment except tiredness but I think that's more due to not sleeping for a week cos its too hot! Anyone have any good cooling down tips? Can't sleep with window open because hayfever is horrendous if I do

OnTheRunFromTheAcademe Fri 19-Jul-13 09:40:36

Marking my place.

Have momentary relief from nausea/perma-headache/exhaustion and enjoying gazing at my beautiful (sleeping!) toddler and thinking I'm going to have another one of these soon. And that's a nice thought smile

Wuxiapian Fri 19-Jul-13 09:44:35

I sleep with fan blowing directly at me. It helps. A lot.

Wuxiapian Fri 19-Jul-13 09:46:22

Tis my 3rd, too, mummypig. I still haven't lost baby weight from 2nd, so starting out as a true lardy.

JK10 Fri 19-Jul-13 09:49:51

Good luck with scans today!

Anyone bought any maternity stuff!? I know you are supposed to hold out until 12 week scan but next had a sale on! So got a few bits that will be good in the colder mths, left the labels on though just in case.

Meant to cool down a little bit over sat and sun, then warm up again on Monday.

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 09:50:22

We were having a minor panic earlier this year, we were planning on a second DC so when my mum passed away last year, we promised ourselves we would purchase a decent size family car and a long term family home, then after the MC it felt so odd to have spent the money on the car, that may never be used to it's full potential.

We're due to exchange on the family home today, and having found out we're expecting just removes a huge amount of concern. Although that brings it own concerns the last house we were going to purchase fellk through the week before I had my MC so as long as today goes well I may relax a little

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 09:54:35

JK10 I've not bought any new stuff, but have all my old stuff, and luckily a neighbour has offered me all her old clothes too, as she's tidying up and doesn't want them any more (she doesn't know I'm pg yet - but does know we're trying)

If anyone is looking for cheap maternity wear check out the ASOS Sale, I bought some before my last MC - and even Kate Middleton wears it so it can't be too shabby wink

http://www.asos.com/Women/Sale/Maternity/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=6413&WT.ac=|Hub|Sale|Nav|WW|maternity

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 09:55:01
FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Fri 19-Jul-13 10:31:43

Good morning everyone, absolutely thrilled to let you know that scan this morning showed a perfectly healthy bean with a heartbeat grin

I'm so relieved I can't tell you!

Beccadugs Fri 19-Jul-13 10:41:27

What great news Frankel!

Interestingly I just spoke to the ultrasound department at my local hospital, who are going to send me a form to arrange the twelve week scan. Usually these are given out by the midwife/GP as part of the early preg pack, but I didn't have one in mine. She did say that they would have checked if I'd done or at booking in, but as ill be nearly 11 weeks by then she said there would be know way I'd have had the scan pre 15 weeks!! So glad I phoned now!

Great news Frank! Bet you felt so relieved and excited.

HotCrossPun Fri 19-Jul-13 11:13:24

Glad to hear your good news Frank!

1 week today until my early scan. Eeeeek.

How is everybody feeling today? I got sent home from work because I - in the words of everyone - looked AWFUL.

When is all this glowing and blooming stuff meant to happen? grin

Wuxiapian Fri 19-Jul-13 11:17:32

Good news, frank! You can relax a little now.

Just wondering: are all you ladies having early scans due to previous probs or just for peace of mind?

hotcrosspun, in my previous 2 pregnancies, I started feeling more human-like at 4/5 months. Not sure I ever a glower, though.

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 11:33:23

Great new Frankel - really happy for you

I'm off to see my GP next week and they should send me for an early scan, if not, DP and I have pretty much decided that we're going to go private because of my last MC we really want to be sure everything is ok

IceNoSlice Fri 19-Jul-13 11:49:28

Hi all, checking in. Just back from a lovely holiday in sunny Cornwall. Lots of beach, cream teas, pasties, ice cream... Don't know if I'm showing or this is just a food baby!! Had to give the Doom Bar a miss though sad

Can't believe how many posts since I left, there were about 580 on the old thread and now it's full! Still catching up.

Convo has prob moved on but my top tip for getting some sleep in this heat is to have a cool shower just before bed. Enjoy the sunshine preg-friends!

Aw, Frank, I know that relief all too well. Have you fallen in love with baby just that little bit now? I did at my scan last week and s/he is now stuck to the fridge door.

I'm sleeping 10/11 hours a night (bar one trip to the loo) and feel fab. My second scan is next Friday at 8+1.

Twinks, I'm in maternity jeans shock I am so bloated because I am on progesterone pessaries three-times-a-day and I also inject Clexane every morning. I really am massive, horribly so. If I'm honest I need to get my tits re-measured too as I'm busting out of my bras. This is my first baby hmm

Welcome to the newbies.

This thread is not accepting new messages.