Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2013 - blue, pink, what do you think?

(984 Posts)
NomDeClavier Thu 18-Jul-13 11:19:44

New thread! Pile in!

glenndanielle Wed 09-Oct-13 08:24:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LadyMedea Sun 01-Sep-13 16:36:13

It's 1000 posts so nearly there.... New thread started at

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1841071-December-2013-steaming-towards-3-4-cooked

Stom91 Sun 01-Sep-13 16:17:32

Me neither lol.. Its been quiet so. Maybe we do? Lol

Alyssa1978 Sun 01-Sep-13 16:16:35

Do we have a new thread yet?
Not sure how many posts were allowed lol and not sure how to start a new one x

Stom91 Sat 31-Aug-13 21:02:12

sounds perfect mildred..
my dp is having dinner at his parents, i wasnt feeling up to it so been sat on here looking at wall stickers/quotes for babys bedroom.
cant wait to get into new house and decorate.
i hope we can move in before she arrives!

MildredH Sat 31-Aug-13 20:31:50

Gannet- we really like the wayfarer too although DH reckons the wheels are small (?) and might not wheel as well as others but all the reviews I've read are good..

Thanks for the tip Nom- I bought some breast pads at Boots today funnily enough but couldn't bring myself to wear them as they're friggin enormous. I will look for what you've suggested..

Having a lovely evening on the sofa with DH, curry, X factor and an alcohol free beer!

I'm glad you all took pleasure in my humiliation grin to add to my embarrassment today I walked smack bang into a glass door. well it was actually a window. in a restaurant. a very full restaurant. I'm going to go and live in a cave forever now grin

NomDeClavier Sat 31-Aug-13 18:01:10

mildred try lilypadz - they're not breast pass, they actually stop all leakage because they're a silicon type thing that pushes your nipple into your boob (bad explanation)! But they're bloody brilliant!

Shopping wise... I have some lovely fabric to make a quilt for the pram, and flannelette for sheets and little nighties. Plus a bargain JL pram suit from a second hand shop.

Sorry to hear all the woes. I join in feeling fat, frumpy and generally yuk. I just can't find maternity trousers that look nice so I've got leggings and jeggings in a 12 for now, but I'll do when bump gets bigger.

crying I shouldn't laugh but OMG that was hilarious.

MsCatShoes Sat 31-Aug-13 13:32:27

Thanks for the messages everyone - still quite weepy today but think it's the sleep deprivation and the ongoing anxiety issues. Upshot being that today has left me a zombie.

DH being very kind this morning, which is good.

I want to drive out and get a massive bag of mini-twirls or something similar.

Glad you are feeling better stom smile

Gannetgob Sat 31-Aug-13 13:12:37

Glad you are feeling a bit better stom!

I have been fed up recently with having nothing to wear. I'm sure lots of people feel the same! At the moment I have 3 dresses, a pair of jeans and two tops. I also have 2 dresses for work which aren't maternity but they are still fine to wear.

I ordered 4 dresses from new look and only 1 was ok. I'm quite tall (5 9ish) and all the dresses were far too short, about mid thigh length. (Call me tight but I don't want to buy separate clothes for work and home, as I only have 7 weeks left at work. Therefore I need dresses to be knee length or just above so they are suitable for school)

Anyway, I couldn't find anything suitable, so tried asos. ( I hadn't before as I've always assumed its just for skinny minnies!) I ordered 5 dresses which are knee length, so I'm a very happy bunny. Free next day delivery is a bonus too! Not too expensive either, which is great. If you haven't already, you should have a look.

Argos also have a half price sale on at the moment. We have ordered a mamas and papas 3 piece furniture set, with a cotbed mattress for £450 which I didn't think was too bad. Also got a mamas and papas high chair for £45 half price too, so that's great.

I also had a cushi tush delivered today. It's kind of like a bumbo but its supposed to be better for baby's back and legs. My friend had a bumbo and was then given a cushi tush and says its much better. You should have a look!

We are going to order our pushchair later too. Think we are going with the silver cross wayfarer, might change our minds at the last minute though!

Anybody else bought anything recently?

Stom91 Sat 31-Aug-13 13:08:47

I've manage to upload a pic of me at 24 weeks. Do I look huge I feel i lol.. 24 weeks today smile

Stom91 Sat 31-Aug-13 10:47:38

Hey all. Feeling better this. Morning... I don't k ow what bit was. But it wasn't nice!
Now I just have this weird smell in my nose like soapy smells. Weird. Lol..

I think it was after the stress of yesterday. What with my team leader having a go at me down the phone etc.
So glad I'm not there for 2 weeks.

As much as I hate bing off sick. Its making me ill
I gota start thinking about me and bub.
Balled my eye out yesterday.. So your not alone cat
Does us all good sometimes smile

Hope everyone is ok xx

froubylou Sat 31-Aug-13 08:52:34

Morning all

Crying sorry love but that is very funny lol. You poor bugger, what a bad day.

Stom hope you are OK? And Cat too?

I must admit that I feel pretty well at the moment. Sorry if everyone else is struggling but I do lol. Acid heartburn worst of my problems I think. Oh and I get a pulling pain across my bump quite low down if I walk too far or too fast. Other than that I feel good.

I think I am looking well too. (sorry to be smug). But apart from my bump and my boobs I've lost weight everywhere else. Legs, arms and face all lovely and slim!

Am making the most of it all though. DD back at school on tuesday and the lovely, lazy days of the summer holidays will be over. School run twice a day, up early in a morning plus supervising homework, reading and so on as well as my business getting busier again. It always goes quiet over the summer.

On top of that I really must sort out some decorating. Wanted to move but can't find anything I like that we can afford that is in the right area so looks like we are stuck here for a while longer yet. So I really need to do the kitchen/dining room, chase the landlord up about our bedroom and the hall and stairs could do with a spruce up. Was going to do the majority of it myself but don't think I'll manage now. Need to persuade DP to either take a weekend off to do it with me (he'e been working saturdays) or lend me his labourer for a day or too.

Got a feeling I will be having the labourer lol. DP hates decorating pmsl.

Have a fab weekend everyone, we're at a pony show tomorrow so busy today too. Hoping friend keeps her mouth in check this week lol!

MildredH Sat 31-Aug-13 08:38:55

Crying- that story is amazing. You poor thing!! Tell me you did get your dinner though? ( that would be my concern at this point!)

Stom- hope you are feeling a bit better this morning?

I'm getting fed up with leaky boobs confused. Really don't fancy idea of pads so currently just washing bras a lot as they seem to have big patches on at the end of each day. Argh.

On a positive note, I had lots of lovely cuddles with 2wk old nephew at family dinner last night. Just really reminds me how much I can't wait for Gizmo to arrive.

Happy Saturday all.. I'm off to the hairdressers to get these roots dealt with!!

PistachioTruffle Sat 31-Aug-13 08:32:15

Hope you're feeling better Stom, did you go in in the end?

msCat, I hope you managed to get some sleep and are feeling better this morning. Insomnia is horrible, you have my sympathies x

Alyssa1978 Sat 31-Aug-13 08:08:25

How you feeling stom??
Hopefully better.....thinking of you.
Don't get upset cat but sometimes having a good cry does help, hormones are a bitch and insomnia an even even bigger one.....hugs xx

hope you're feeling better storm

don't cry cat we're all here to help/listen if you need us too. thanks

DaleyBump Sat 31-Aug-13 03:34:56

Aw don't cry sad I don't want to pry but message me if you want to chat flowers

MsCatShoes Sat 31-Aug-13 03:28:15

Any change stom?

so glad others are up this ungodly hour! The insomnia is really starting to cripple me - typing this trying to cry in silence so as not to wake DH

DaleyBump Sat 31-Aug-13 03:00:43

How you feeling now Stom?

Stom91 Fri 30-Aug-13 20:51:39

gave labour ward a ring, they said to have a cold drink and to sit for an hour if i stilll feel rubbish to ring them back,

Alyssa1978 Fri 30-Aug-13 20:36:38

Call your midwife stom or go to your nearest walk in centre, best to be safe.
Xx

Stom91 Fri 30-Aug-13 19:55:38

I keep getting sharp pain in my tummy and im having a really hot flush. And come over all weird. Do u think it's anything to worry about.. Really feel awful.

DaleyBump Fri 30-Aug-13 19:37:37

Sorry mumof, sounds rubbish sad I'm a bit crap with DP's money myself.

DaleyBump Fri 30-Aug-13 19:35:47

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm literally crying with laughter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now