Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 (take 3)

(1000 Posts)
Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 17:17:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EeyoreIsh Fri 19-Jul-13 11:45:41

Tmi warning... has anyone else found that they're 'wetter' down below? It has quite taken me by surprise.

The glamorous things our bodies do to us!

misskatamari Fri 19-Jul-13 12:15:16

Amicus, sorry to hear about possible complications. Keeping my fingers crossed for some positive news at your next scan!

In terms of boobs S2012 - mine aren't really too sore - mainly just a bit when i take my bra off. No weird veins or anything either - i just have an itchy right nipple (weird!). Are you having other symptoms such as nausea/fatigue etc? Even if not, try not to worry as some people are just lucky and don't suffer with as much horridness, i'm sure all will be well when you have you're scan (if really worried have you considered having a private scan?)

EeyoreIsh - errr yes i've noticed that too lol! It is very weird the things our bodies are deciding to do at the moment isn't it!

sunflowered Fri 19-Jul-13 12:31:34

Thinking about you amicus - really hope you get a clearer answer soon.

jazzcat - they do the basic scan at my community hosp but not the measurements and blood tests. Not sure if they have different kit or different skills at the big hosp. I had to sign a consent/decline form before they could book though. You have to love nhs bureaucracy! (I can't comment though, I'm a part of it...)

sunflowered Fri 19-Jul-13 12:32:02

ps eeoyorish - yes!

S2012 Fri 19-Jul-13 12:53:03

Thanks misskatamari - I do feel nauseous all the time and have been eating lots. My tummy is getting bigger and people are suspecting at work am going to tell my manager on Monday (so not looking forward to it). will wait for my scan on 3rd Aug as have MW appt on 26th.

Thinking about you amicus - really hope everything goes well for you fingers crossed

tinypolkadot Fri 19-Jul-13 14:39:24

sorry to hear your news amicus hope you get some positive news at your next scan

Thingymajigs Fri 19-Jul-13 15:36:09

My fingers are crossed for you amicus. I hope all is well at the next scan. thanks thanks
I am off to a hen do tonight. No clue as to how I'll handle the situation. I'm assuming I'll stay for the meal and a couple of hours before making my excuses. I don't know if they'll ask why I'm not drinking or if I should just tell them straightaway. I only see those friends 3 times a year so I might as well but I haven't had the 12 week scan yet. I have found a dress that hides my little bump so that won't be an issue.
11 weeks today. smile

Thingymajigs Fri 19-Jul-13 16:10:56

oh sod it. Decided to tell her. Too hot to be faffing about with elaborate lies and excuses. Speaking of which, this is ridiculous. I'm in a dark, well ventilated room with a fan and I'm still sweating.

EeyoreIsh Fri 19-Jul-13 16:20:58

I've just weighed myself and apparently I've lost over 4kg since my booking in appointment. Although I know I've not been able to eat much I still worry, as apparently weight gain is a sign of a healthy pregnancy.

DH and I are off to pizza express tonight and a bbq tmw so I shall do my best to reverse this weight loss grin

misskatamari Fri 19-Jul-13 17:38:21

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about eeyore - as you say make up for it with lots of tasty food this weekend!

I don't even want to look at the scales ! I normally eat healthily and exercise at the gym about 4 times a week but since pregnant I've been eating whatever I can face (hello crisps!) and felt so rough I've not been able to exercise.

I'm sure my hips and arse have expanded and I feel so flabby! Roll on twelve weeks and feeling able to move again! In turning into a giant blamange!

HarlemWobble Fri 19-Jul-13 18:17:24

Amicus sorry to hear your news. Will be keeping fingers crossed for you flowers

Eeyoreish yes I have certainly noticed that too!
Sunflowered that is so sweet your DH is so excited. I sometimes worry about rushing my DH into having Dc. He has openly said in the past he'd happily wait another 8-10 years! I told him if he does eventually want 4 dc, we'd better start sooner than that! grin

I am so glad the weekend is finally here. This week at work has finished me off. All I want to do this weekend is sleep!

1sttimetryer Fri 19-Jul-13 18:50:21

Mind if I join? Due feb 1st. Haven't written a post in a few years so feel like a bit of a scared newbie eek!

jazzcat28 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:07:31

Ok random symptom alert.. In the attempt to cool down this evening I'm having a tepid/cool bath. My first since BFP.

I am growing hair in places I thought impossible! I have stubble on my right boob and my <ahem> lady garden is migrating to my upper thighs!!!!! blush

Please someone tell me it's due to the hormones/vitamin tablets as I fear I may actually turn into a yeti by February!

lyndsey90 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:29:23

Zzzzzz

I want to sleep...

misskatamari Fri 19-Jul-13 20:30:19

Welcome firsttimetryer - don't worry we're a friendly bunch!

Jazz I think it's pretty common don't worry - I'm sure in a few months well all be sporting full on beards if the rumours are to be believed! confused

gnittinggnome Fri 19-Jul-13 20:31:58

Hola jazzcat I am told that you stop losing hair (on your head and elsewhere) when pregnant, which is good for some -thicker locks - and not so good for others... I'm feeling super-yeti-like because my waxing place won't wax pregnant women till after week 12 - no swimming for me, no shorts (I get my thighs waxed as well) and no sexy undies as they just look daft. Wait till after the birth and it starts to fall out again!

Anyone else finding they are insanely hungry, but can only manage half a portion? DH has organised my all-time favourite chinese takeaway, and for the first time in living history I've handed back half the food.

amicus hope you get some good news with your next scan! My scan is on Monday, and the day before I am helping out at a bring and buy in the hottest venue in North London - not wanting to go public till after the scan, but I wonder if I might get more offers of ice cream if I do?

lyndsey90 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:34:41

gnome I was like that for about 2 weeks, I'm eating normally again now though smile

9+6

1sttimetryer Fri 19-Jul-13 20:37:04

Thank you misskatamari smile

gnittinggnome Fri 19-Jul-13 20:48:22

also, 12+3!

littlestgirlguide Fri 19-Jul-13 20:59:31

Amicus good luck for your next scan, hope it's better news for you x

Lol at the hairy yetis! I too am finding this problem. I now have a line of hair all the way up to my belly button, which is frankly weird.
My obsession with vinegar continues - tonight, picked gherkins, half a jar...

11+1

Ladybird81 Fri 19-Jul-13 21:11:38

Hi everyone, please may i join in, i'm due 12th Feb, so i'm 10 weeks.

Champagnebubble Fri 19-Jul-13 21:12:47

EeyoreIsh Fri 19-Jul-13 21:13:10

Well I had an amazing pizza and ate almost all of it! That's more food than I've eaten for ages. DH said we'll have to eat there several times a week grin

we were thinking of telling family at the bbq tmw. My DH's family will be there, but we're nervous about telling people before the scan. I think we're agreed that if it's just close family we'll announce it, but if aunts and uncles are there, then we'll wait until after the scan.

EeyoreIsh Fri 19-Jul-13 21:14:14

Oh champagne, that's awful. Are the pills having no effect? Can you try a different type?

Champagnebubble Fri 19-Jul-13 22:07:47

This thread is not accepting new messages.