Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 (take 3)

(1000 Posts)
Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 17:17:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vix206 Thu 18-Jul-13 14:16:47

I've missed more vits than I've taken shock

vix206 Thu 18-Jul-13 14:18:06

Well I've put a stone on. I'm not worrying as I was v slim to start with and I know the weight will drop off once baby arrives grin

misskatamari Thu 18-Jul-13 14:19:46

Phew that's a relief about the vitamins! I even have a reminder in my phone and still forget!

Glad everything went well at your scan fizzling! We had a private one at about 9 weeks too as I just wanted to check everything and it was lovely. I've never thought I'd care about 4d scans etc but I reckon ill be back there having one later on in pregnancy! grin

jazzcat28 Thu 18-Jul-13 14:22:12

Thought the other thread had gone quiet!

Thanks for the new thread champagne

Can't catch up with everyone but I took my first 'bump' photo today, and plan to take another every month from now. It does look like a bump but could just be flab...

Whoever asked about the smear test according to my NHS leaflet you can't have it while pg and have to wait until new baby is 12wks old before you can have it. I'm also due one this summer but will have to wait.

My booking in appt is on Wednesday. Not heard about scan. Presume midwife will sort that when I see her next week.

Things at work are a bit odd. Nobody knows except my shadow manager (who is on leave for 2 weeks) but I'm getting a few odd looks and the men are keeping their distance. Probably being paranoid but it's almost like they've sussed me out..

8+5 today

fluffandnonsense Thu 18-Jul-13 15:30:52

Wondered what happened to the other thread! I'm 11 weeks today and have my scan next Friday. Couldn't be shitting myself more!! I've actually lost 8lbs since finding out I was pregnant. I guess that's what stress and lack of appetite does for you!!

barebranches Thu 18-Jul-13 16:12:53

had my booking in app.
was fine! but everyone make sure u drink lots before you go. The midwife couldnt find a vein to take blood and the pathologist couldnt either... because i was dehydrated!

Roll on the next appointment....SCAN!!!

misskatamari Thu 18-Jul-13 17:21:34

Oh my god it is SO HOT! I'm waiting for DH to have a Physio massage on his back (as he can't drive yet which hopefully he will rectify soon!) and I can feel by breasts sweating!!! confused

Milkandtwo Thu 18-Jul-13 18:02:04

Hello all, been lurking for a while and though I'd pipe up. Due (my first) feb 9th. I work for a london company but from my home in bristol and am going to the office for the first time since I found out next week. Staying the night and the boss has a bit of a bar crawl/late night with a bunch of us planned (drinks industry!) It's the best oportunity to announce, especially as I want to do it face-to-face, but I didn't want to until I'd seen/heard a heartbeat (had zero symptoms so far which is a combination of great and very worrying!) So, had a private scan at 10+3. Was marvellous, wriggling about and strong fast heartbeat. So nice to know I've not been making it all up as I'd kept convincing myself! Looking forward to my next one at 11+6 (NHS) to see what the difference is! Also looking forward to having a bump and actually looking pregnant. Just looking a bit fatter than usual does not rock my world.
(currently 10+6)

HarlemWobble Thu 18-Jul-13 18:12:56

Misskatamari I keep forgetting to take my vits too. Despite the fact they're on my bedside table and pretty much the first thing I see in the morning! hmm

Champagnebubble Thu 18-Jul-13 18:21:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misskatamari Thu 18-Jul-13 18:33:45

The heat is horrible and really makes me feel so much sicker, can only imagine how crap its making you feel Champagne!

I've just had a look on the babybump app I have and for today it's pearls of wisdom are about coping with pregnancy in these "cold winter months" errrr, if bloody only!

jayney86 Thu 18-Jul-13 21:26:46

My son is 2 next week so was heavily pregnant this time of year before & I would definitely prefer that to being in the first few months! Had a constant headache for about 2 weeks just can't drink enough. Really sympathise with those who are being sick a lot, must be really hard for youhmm! Hope it eases soon x

vix206 Fri 19-Jul-13 06:13:26

I was overdue in August 2010 when it was this hot. It was hell!

tiegysmum Fri 19-Jul-13 07:32:23

Just popping by to say hello as I haven't posted for a while, I'm still struggling with the sickness but in a strange way getting to used to it, have my 12 week scan on Monday when I will be 12 & 1 so feeling kinda excited! I'm loving the sunshine but totally struggling with the heat, if that makes any sense? Anyway hope every one has a fab weekend :-) x

EeyoreIsh Fri 19-Jul-13 07:35:13

tiegys I'm the same! I love the fact is hot and sunny, but I can't actually cope with being outside in it!

I had the day off work yesterday as I felt so ill. It did the trick, I managed a small dinner, I slept well and feel better today. my boss wasn't best impressed but I have a sick note so there's not much he can do.

I can't wait for the weekend though, if it's this gorgeous I'm going to find a shady spot and camp out. I might even go to the beach!

jayney86 Fri 19-Jul-13 09:02:34

DS was 2 weeks early Vix so never really got to the big uncomfortable stage. Was really hot the day we brought him home from the hospital though that was not pleasent at all especially as its a 40 minute journey!!
Definitely heading to the beach his weekend, adip in the sea will be lovely (although that does mean getting my swimming costume out blush!!!

jazzcat28 Fri 19-Jul-13 09:04:04

I worked from home yesterday and normally would have been lying in the sunshine in the garden with my laptop but instead hid away in my spare room with curtains closed and fan on full! Still no sickness but just couldn't bear sitting out in the sun.

Am going to bed even earlier now (8.30pm ish) and having to get up without fail at midnight for a loo break. Having vivid dreams too.

Caved and called maternity coordinator person (who sent my booking appointment letter) to enquire about scans. Apparently I will be discussing which scans I need/want at my booking appt and only then will the midwife coordinate my scan appointment.

So very jealous of those of you who already know when your scan is!

8+6

sunflowered Fri 19-Jul-13 09:30:57

jazzcat my scans were booked at the booking appt - the exact process here depends on whether you want the downs syndrome screening or not, so they have to wait until the mw has discussed it. Hope you get your dates through quickly after being booked in smile

Dh woke me up this morning to tell me he'd been dreaming that we already had a baby and it had made him very happy. Am more than a lttle relieved and surprisingly happy at this - part of me worries a little as he'd be happy waiting another 5 years so I feel sometimes like i've rushed him into it (nb we're both nearly 30, own a house, have been together over 10 years, stable jobs etc so prob not technically a rush!)

amicusapple Fri 19-Jul-13 10:01:58

So very mixed emotions following my scan yesterday. Was wonderful to see baby kicking and stretching but really sad to report it looks like baby has an abdominal wall defect. Need to go back in 3 weeks for another scan and maybe for more testing.

Feeling very sad at the thought of having a very unwell baby and not being able to bring them home for a long time.

vix206 Fri 19-Jul-13 10:48:04

Oh no Amicus. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can get some more detail at the next scan. X

bugsyburge Fri 19-Jul-13 10:49:31

ah amicus I'm sorry to hear that. hopefully in 3 weeks the doctors will be able to tell you more about the implications....fx for you thanks thanks

jazzcat28 Fri 19-Jul-13 10:53:32

amicus my thoughts are with you and your partner flowers

jazzcat28 Fri 19-Jul-13 10:56:26

sunflowered that's what the coordinator said. I am a little confused though, I thought that you had a 12 wk scan anyway, and the downs syndrome test was just taking some measurements at the scan? Then if measurements indicate high risk then we have an option for further testing (which is intrusive)?

Obviously I need to read my NHS leaflet a bit more before Weds confused

S2012 Fri 19-Jul-13 11:27:07

Good Morning Mum-to-be’s
Congratulations on the new thread wow we are a chatty little lot. I am worried as I don’t have sore boobs symptons – I am nine weeks pregnant and according to Google I should be see vains, dark nipples and sore boobs but none of that is happening to me – not sure if there IS a little bean or not.
9+4 today

EeyoreIsh Fri 19-Jul-13 11:29:57

Oh amicus really sorry to hear that. It must be really worrying.

This thread is not accepting new messages.