Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 (take 3)

(1000 Posts)
Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 17:17:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vix206 Sun 28-Jul-13 06:35:48

Cubano sorry just read your post. I hope it's all ok, let us know how you get on. Hopefully it was just baby getting more comfy but I know exactly how you're feeling xx

laura0007 Sun 28-Jul-13 07:58:21

Hope everything is ok cubano. Thinking of you xxx

EeyoreIsh Sun 28-Jul-13 08:02:41

oh Cubano, sorry to hear you've had a bit of pain and spotting. You could go to a&e, or wait until tomorrow to call your early pregnancy unit? I hope everything is ok.

Is anyone else struggling to sleep through the night? I'm shattered, but always wake between 3-4, and then I can't sleep again for hours.

tinypolkadot Sun 28-Jul-13 08:47:50

I'm the same eeyorish don't think this weather & light helps either. I'm back in bed now trying to get some more zzz's (must put mn down)

CubanoHabana Sun 28-Jul-13 09:02:58

Thanks guys.

Been to hospital, said probably nothing to worry about but small chance of ectopic and to go back if pain gets worse or I get any pain in shoulders (linked to fluid). Got an early scan on Tuesday, just wish it wasn't so long to wait...

Been given codeine, also slim chance of appendicitis but doc didn't want to keep me in because of 'all the germs and bugs' in hospital!

misskatamari Sun 28-Jul-13 09:03:30

Cubano I hope everything is okay. I'd probably go to a+e just to put my mind at rest but I'm sure everything will turn out okay. Thinking of you.

Eeyore I'm the same with sleeping. Have been for weeks now and it's driving me potty! Some nights aren't as bad but ones when I just can't sleep for hours just leave me feeling so crap and sick the next day. Damn this evil heat!!!

HarlemWobble Sun 28-Jul-13 09:28:27

Cubano glad that you've been seen at a&e, I'm sure everything will be just fine at the scan on Tuesday.

Sorry it's belated but happy anniversary to misskatamari for yesterday! Also thanks to panda for the newlook 36" jeans tip off you may just have saved me from wearing ankle swingers for the next 7 months!

The wedding I went to on Friday was lovely and my non drinking excuse held firm, but it was such a long day. I didn't get home until 3am so was completely knackered yesterday.

DH and friends are doing the London triathalon today so I'm off to cheer them on later. I hope the weather stays fine!

vix206 Sun 28-Jul-13 15:40:28

I've just sold my little Fiat 500 shock We need a bigger car. So sad to see it go and now we are car-less but hoping to rectify that tomorrow!!

misskatamari Sun 28-Jul-13 16:14:35

Awwww Vix, it is sad when you've had one for ages! I cried when I sold my purple micra (the guy thought I was a proper loon!) just think of the lovely new car you can get in preparation for baby grin

vix206 Sun 28-Jul-13 16:22:36

It's silly but it's the car we brought DS home from hospital in. I will feel better when we've replaced it I know!

Sassy20 Sun 28-Jul-13 18:39:01

Cubano - glad you managed to get seen and have hopefully been reassured.

Eeyore - I'm exactly the same with sleep at the moment. I'm so tired but wake up without fail through the night and then have to read to go back to sleep - thank goodness for my kindle! smile

laura0007 Sun 28-Jul-13 18:39:54

I am so emotional tonight. I just keep bursting into tears. I feel so sorry for my baby that it won't meet it's Daddy because he is an ignorant prick. Thing is I'm still crazy in love with him, even though he's deserted us. I just feel like the baby will be missing out on learning about everything I loved about its daddy because he doesn't want to be a dad. Life is not fair.

SugarMiceInTheRain Sun 28-Jul-13 18:52:06

laura0007 He's the one missing out, big time. Your baby will have so much love from you and others around you so please don't worry about that. Far better for your child to have positive role models than to be brought up by someone who resents being a parent - honestly, having a reluctant parent who doesn't face up to their responsibilities is more damaging than having an absent one. Have an unmumsnetty hug. In the long run, you are both better off without him.

Laura sorry your feeling crap at the moment - pg hormones can't be helping with what would be an emotional time anyway. You and dc will be fine and better to know now that "d"p isn't up to the job than dropping in and out of your lives at whim. On the other hand, he may still realise what he is losing, if that's what you want. How long ago did he bugger off? Do you have family support around you?

Only a week or so now until my scan, when I will be 11+4 but I have already told all the family and my 4 close friends blush I'm useless at secrets! I went for newborn cuddles with my bff's dd2 last thursday and I forgot how tiny and gorgeous newborns are (tiny that is, until you are heavily pg and look at newborn clothes and think something that big could never come out of you!).

Anyway, bff is going to pack up her maternity clothes for me (and she has some loooovely stuff) as she is DONE. I didn't get a "bump" til about 22 weeks last time - up until then I think it was mostly bloat, cake and an awful lot of wind blush. For my own sanity I will ditch the maternity clothes a few days after the birth and just wear some bigger clothes, so I will only need maternity clothes for about 4 months or so (fingers crossed). Waist bands are already feeling a little snug, particularly by evening time but I know its all the carbs I have been eating.

To those worrying about tearing - I didn't push and I didn't tear with ds, not even a graze. Neither did my friend. It's not inevitable! I would really recommend doing kegals though - my pelvic floor has gotten worse as time has gone on not better! I felt very smug post birth with ds, not so much now!

Sorry for the epic post - just got back from camping and there was a lot to catch up on!

10+2

gnittinggnome Sun 28-Jul-13 19:37:02

hey laura it must be super-hard to remain optimistic and positive all the time, so don't be upset that you're getting upset, if you know what I mean. The coming years are going to be maybe not what you'd hoped, but you can be a strong, committed, loving parent by yourself and your child will know that you're there for them. And that counts for a lot. Have some flowers

lyndsey90 Sun 28-Jul-13 19:37:57

Told my mum about baby yesterday! Cause I was so bored chris took me to my mums, him and meg just watched tv in the room there whilst mum showed me all the old knitted baby clothes (which she has now given me) and awwww!!! The outfits were knitted by my great nana who passed away about 15 years ago. Also, one of the outfits my sister wore home from the hospital after she was born!

laura0007 Sun 28-Jul-13 20:00:12

Thanks ladies. I know it's better this way it's just still so hard.
Petty, we were together 6 months he ended it on the Saturday night and I found out I was pregnant on the Tuesday. So a lot of alcohol was consumed in that weekend too sad
He said straight away that he didn't want to be a dad and he wouldn't change his mind but I always sort of hoped he would.

Shropshiremummy2b Sun 28-Jul-13 21:39:48

Shit Laura you poor little munchkin. I can't imagine what it's like, but I'm sure than not even the prickiest of pricks could not feel something for a human being that is half them. I REALLY hope so anyway. Xxxxxx

laura0007 Sun 28-Jul-13 21:52:22

Thanks Shropshire. I'm not entirely sure he has a heart....although he treats his dog like its his baby so maybe he is just a twat.

laura my dm was with "d"f for 5 years before I came along, time seems to have little to do with it. do you have family/good friends around? my dm hated having to rely on my gps but I love my close relationship with them. ditto my mums bff - she had a huge positive impact on me grin single mums are much better than crap dads.
funnily enough, my dm wants to do everything for my ds like my gps did for me but she doesnt get the irony....

Ruggle Mon 29-Jul-13 06:42:16

Hi ladies
Terrible news. I have lost my little passenger at 11 weeks and 2 days. My partner and I are devastated. Our first scan would have been this Thursday..but in a way I am glad I didn't see a heartbeat before this happened. Been in hospital since yesterday morning due to very heavy bleeding, but other than terrible sadness I'm doing ok.

Wishing you all wonderful babies!
x

Milkandtwo Mon 29-Jul-13 06:46:28

Oh Ruggle how devastating. I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending you hugs and lots of strength to get through this xx

Thingymajigs Mon 29-Jul-13 07:02:27

I am so sorry ruggle. Hope you have lots of love and support around you right now.

laura0007 Mon 29-Jul-13 07:59:11

Oh ruggle I'm so sorry. Hope you have lots of people around you to support you right now. Lots of love xxx

laura0007 Mon 29-Jul-13 08:00:33

Petty yes my mum and dad are sort of trying to take over!! They are very excited as it will be their first grandchild. So I know they will help me as much as they can. Ditto my friends but they have their own lives so they aren't going to be able to help as much as they say they will

This thread is not accepting new messages.