Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 (take 3)

(1000 Posts)
Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 17:17:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vix206 Thu 18-Jul-13 06:46:31

Morning everybody. I'm sorry so many of you are feeling so poorly hmm

I am feeling no symptoms at all still other than occasional rampant hunger and severe back pain sometimes. I'm also dreaming a lot that I've started bleeding which is horrible.

But my good news is that I've started feeling little flutterings grin it's very early but they do say you get it earlier with your second. No mistaking it and its so lovely smile

I hope everybody has a good day, I have to take DS to play group graduation (yes seriously!!) and then clean my house ready for visitors arriving for the weekend tomorrow. This is not the weather for hoovering and steam mopping!!!

Thingymajigs Thu 18-Jul-13 07:08:26

I really hope this sickness settles for everyone by next trimester. I had no idea how bad it could be for some women.
I am becoming desperate to tell my sons. They are 13 and nearly 10 so this will be a huge age gap but ds2 in particular has always wanted a baby sister (preferably.) He will be so excited. He's currently cuddled up to me, still very much my baby, as he has a fever at the moment. Still 13 days until the scan though.
Oh little flutterings already vix! How sweet. smile I can't wait until I'm at that stage.
Hello to all the new February bumpers.
10+6

misskatamari Thu 18-Jul-13 07:16:01

Wow Vix that's so brilliant about starting to feel things grin

I've still no idea what blood type I am but look forward to finding out at 16 week appointment as I've always wanted to know! I've always been too scared to give blood after an awful experience trying to have a blood test when I had glandular fever as a teenager but Ive had no problems with it the last two times Ive had them taken so will be adding it to my post pregnancy to do list smile

In terms of smears my mw asked if I'm due one at booking in (turns out I am as a letter arrived a few days later). At the time I couldn't remember but said I probably am so they made a note of it on my pregnancy notes.

Sorry to hear so many are still feeling rough - it's so up and down isn't it! Some days I feel like I'm nearly okay and then ill be projectile vomming and running to make the loo!

Hoping today is a better day as hubby have me a £15 debenhams voucher he got from O2 and I'm hoping to have a quick trip into town to try and buy a new top or maybe some jeans that will actually do up! My belly is definitely expanding - although that could be down to the amount of crisps I'm eating to stave off nausea!

Has anyone started taking weekly bump pics? I really want to but haven't had the energy to make myself look presentable enough to want to haven image preserved on film yet lol! Maybe ill start at 12 weeks when I will hopefully feel better and rediscover make up and styling my hair/wearing clothes other than elasticated pj type things!

misskatamari Thu 18-Jul-13 07:17:06

Oooooh 10+6 too smile

vix206 Thu 18-Jul-13 07:33:47

I got some lovely things in the JoJo sale. 2 pairs of maternity jeans £10 each and a lovely dress. All for cooler weather because that's when I will be big!

Middy75 Thu 18-Jul-13 08:09:46

Finally feel as if I can contribute now! Long story but involves on off bleeding, 3 trips to EPU and scans. First two scans only saw a gestational sac and as I work in maternity I really was expecting bad news but after an agonising 12 day wait for my last appointment it seems I have grown a blob now 9+0 (although I'm sure it's more like 8+3 at most as was using OPK's) with a flicker of a heartbeat :-) I was so shocked it was like having a positive test again and took a while to sink in. Booking done yesterday and dating scan booked for 14th August. It's all beginning to seem very real now!

sunflowered Thu 18-Jul-13 08:20:34

middy that's great news - you must have been through a pretty stressful couple of weeks. fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here smile

i'm o+ and seem to be in a minority here which is unusual! i've already forgotten who said they were scared of giving blood after a blood test experience but would really recommend giving it a try after pregnancy (if it's just the blood test thing that's putting you off of course!) - i've never had an easy blood test because of 'tiny veins' and always tell them that when i give blood but they seem to be able to hit the spot first time every time with no hassle and (unlike this week's blood test angry ) no hideous bruising.

jayney86 Thu 18-Jul-13 08:36:43

Saying Hello on the new thread.
Still feeling sickly and tired but im 9 weeks today so hopefully it will start to ease off now.
Shardlake and sunflower i think were at a similar stage. Im also due 20 Feb (according to my own dates), Shardlake i also have a little one who will be 2 next week smile.
I know maternity services differ depending on where you are but ive still not heard from a midwife regarding my booking in appointment :s! Ive rang my GP and they said theyve referred me to my hospital of choice but im sure last time they referred me straight to a mw who then got in touch with my hospital. Thinking of ringing my hv to see if she has a number direct for the midwives. Or maybe im just being a worrier. Last time i was pregnant the midwife came to see us quite quick and then it seemed ages til my scan but it was around christmas time so maybe they rushed my booking appointment to get it in before christmas.
Sorry for the whinge. Hope everyone has a nice (none pukey) day smile

jayney86 Thu 18-Jul-13 08:38:07

Ps no idea what blood type i am, despite having received blood a few years ago (was very ill at the time so didnt take much notice) unfortunately this also mean i cant donate blood either sad

ChocoFrog Thu 18-Jul-13 09:03:39

Morning all. Just signing into the new thread. Hope everyone is feeling okay this morning and not too pukey. The heat really doesn't help does it? Nearly passed out this morning trying to get my 3 yo out the door and my patience level is at an all time low. He seems to have picked now to have the 'refusing to do everything' phase and I'm struggling to cope. When you feel like death and haven't slept the last thing you want is a stroppy toddler.

Not sure when to tell him the news. Have my scan next Thurs 25th and thought we might tell him after that. Mainly because he is quite an anxious child and has picked up on mummy not being quite right. Don't think that is helping the behaviour either.

Sorry for the rant but yesterday was a particularly bad day and just need to vent. I'll go and take some deep breaths and have another packet of hula hoops!

11+2

ChocoFrog Thu 18-Jul-13 09:06:10

oh and sunflowered I'm o+ too and give blood regularly. In fact my blood goes to babies so feel it's super worth it grin

Shropshiremummy2b Thu 18-Jul-13 10:20:34

Sooooo tired and miserable. I keep getting told off for complaining because I have no symptoms but I just cant stop worrying. I get all worked up and start almost having a panic attack. Hurry up Tuesday.

I'm struggling with constipation then very small bouts of, erm, the complete opposite...! Anyone else? Someone suggested it's the folic acid, which im assuming I can come off as of 12 weeks (Monday)- is this true? There better bloody had be a baby in there for all this panic and toilet trips! x

laura0007 Thu 18-Jul-13 10:52:01

I'm the same with the toilet Shropshire! Days of not being able to go then ill have a day of going three times in one day!
I'm feeling fat today. I'm wearing a dress and my boss said you've definitely got a bump! Didn't like to tell her it's probably not baby just the amount of food I've been eating shock

lyndsey90 Thu 18-Jul-13 10:54:55

Back to work today after 8 blissful hot days off. Not a happy bunny!

sunflowered Thu 18-Jul-13 11:02:15

choco i'm in a horrendous mood today and that's with only myself to look after (and dh who the last few days has been behaving like a 5 yr old which isn't helping matters angry ) - you have my respect! (as does everyone else out there battling hormones, ms and toddlers!)

bugsyburge Thu 18-Jul-13 11:29:52

morning all,

I keep meaning to ask.....does any one else get a 'pulling' pain when they pee?

MoominMama2 Thu 18-Jul-13 12:01:09

Hello all, just coming into your thread as due with first baby Feb 18th! Have been lurking a wee while and finally joining MN today, it's been great to learn from others in the early days. Have my booking appt next Tues and scan following week, super nervous as can't quite believe there's a bean in there! Not telling until scan as 37 yo and want to make sure all ok, so just me and DH know smile. Hope you are all ok and coping in this heat....sorry to see many have felt poorly x

laura0007 Thu 18-Jul-13 12:21:53

I've put on half a stone so far. I'm 11+4. The my pregnancy app says that's excessive!!!! sadsadsad Is it? Am I a fatty who is eating too much? I'm still going to the gym but I do seem to be craving carby foods. Am I going to have to go on a diet?

laura0007 Thu 18-Jul-13 12:22:14

Welcome moonin thanks

laura0007 Thu 18-Jul-13 12:22:33

Moomin! Bloody iPhone...

HarlemWobble Thu 18-Jul-13 13:35:13

Hello ladies! Room for another newbie? EDD 20th Feb DC1

I've been lurking since thread 1 but held of posting as I had a mc shortly before this pregnancy and didn't want to jinx things.

All went well at my booking in appointment last Friday and have my 12 week scan on 7th Aug which seems ages away.

Those with ms have my full sympathy. I reached a new low today when I threw up at work, so I really hope the nausea starts to ease off soon. smile

misskatamari Thu 18-Jul-13 13:37:29

Welcome to all the new posters grin

Weight wise I've put on about 5 pounds but I am just accepting it as a side effect of having to eat what I can face at the moment. I wouldn't worry too much Laura - if you're keeping active at the gym that's great and will keep you healthy. It you're craving carbs I would go with it.

My plan is to get to 2nd trimester and hopefully feel better and then focus on healthy eating and exercise. Bought some jeans in a bigger size today so am embracing being a bit of a fatty at the moment!

misskatamari Thu 18-Jul-13 13:40:21

Is everyone else really good at taking their pregnancy vitamins? I keep forgetting and end up missing days here and there hmm hope it's okay to forget occasionally!

FizzlingFireboxes Thu 18-Jul-13 13:41:52

Hello,
I'm not managing well in this heat! the house is a mess, everytime I start something I feel like I'm wading through treacle, I get 20 mins in then give up and have to sit down.

I've got my 12 week scan on Monday, I had a little scare at 9 weeks though, my symptoms disappeared overnight, literally the sickness went, my boobs felt okay, it was like I'd imagined to whole pregnancy.

I got myself rather worked up, thinking that was it, something had gone wrong, I was in such a state DP offered to pay for a private scan (£59) and they had a slot first thing the next day.

The sonographer was lovely, she looked first and said 'I can see a heartbeat, your baby's fine' oh the relief, I was in floods of tears, it's amazing what your mind can do if you let it. She did also point out a cyst on my ovary, (Corpus Luteum) but said it was meant to be there and they'd check it at 12 weeks?!? I have a picture in my notes of this cyst smile

Oh and the symptoms returned about 3 days later, the nausea isn't as bad though.

I thinking about going back for a 4d scan later on at this place if I can afford it, it really was lovely smile

FizzlingFireboxes Thu 18-Jul-13 13:43:35

Oh Miskatamari, you've just reminded me about vitamins, I ran out last week! I've been a bit hit and miss taking them too.

This thread is not accepting new messages.