Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2014 (take 3)

(1000 Posts)
Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 17:17:14

New thread grin

Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 17:19:27

Sorry unimaginative name smile

I'm O- too Laura grin
Apparently only 7% of us according to National blood website!

You're right, given as it is rare there are a few of us!!!!!! Spooky!

tinypolkadot Wed 17-Jul-13 17:21:21

I'm AB- and really should give blood. Been too scared of the blood tests but I guess they are done now I'm pregnant!

tinypolkadot Wed 17-Jul-13 17:21:51

Thanks for the new thread champagne

LittlePandaBear Wed 17-Jul-13 17:26:40

Hi Champagne and everyone - just marking my place on the new thread!

I have no idea what blood type I am, despite enough of it being taken from me during my last pregnancy. I just can't remember!

I have my scan next Thurs 25th, when I think I'll be 12 weeks exactly. I'm also nervous that there will just be pizza in there blush and I've imagined the whole thing. I'm still not sure if I'm still bloated or if my bump really is starting to form. Either way, my trousers are all pretty tight but I've loathe to dig out my old maternity clothes just yet!

I'm lucky that I haven't been sick but am just extra exhausted and grumpy with my 2 year old - I seem to have lost patience whenever she has a whinge and acts like a baby. She'll have to be the grown up one soon! I won't tell her though until much later in the pregnancy as it's too long to wait for her.

Exciting that it's scan time for most of us over the next few weeks, and then hopefully we'll all be glowing in the next trimester...

Sending happy and healthy pregnancy vibes but unfortunately no wine

LittlePandaBear Wed 17-Jul-13 17:27:06

Oh, 10 +6

EeyoreIsh Wed 17-Jul-13 17:39:45

Well done on starting the new thread grin

laura0007 Wed 17-Jul-13 18:02:02

Ooh new thread already! We are a chatty lot. Champagne we are blood twins...at least I know where to come if I ever need a transfusion! I have my next scan on the 2nd August (as was too early for NT last time) and it feels ages away till I can see the little kidney bean again!

vix206 Wed 17-Jul-13 18:10:23

Marking place xx

littlestgirlguide Wed 17-Jul-13 18:16:24

Marking my place on the shiny new thread!

heidihole Wed 17-Jul-13 18:20:07

New thread! littlepanda I'm exactly the same. Got my scan in 2 weeks time and so worried that there will be nothing in there except chocolate!

I've been pretty sick, and when not sick I've been nauseous 99% of the time for the last few days. I had gained 3lb from eating constantly to stave off the sickness. Lost it again now from being too sick to eat much!

Last time I was pregnant everyone said "oh you'll be better by 12 weeks"...my arse it went on till at least 16 sad

10w + 0

barebranches Wed 17-Jul-13 18:32:41

hey all
checking in!
first midwife appointment tomorrow. also, got smear test reminder through today. can i do that??? do i have to wait till after baby?

Sassy20 Wed 17-Jul-13 18:42:59

Little panda - I'm glad it's not just me who's being a grumpy Mummy. I'm so tired today. I actually nearly fell asleep at my desk in the middle of a busy office! I left 30 mins early so didn't have to deal with rush hour smile

amicusapple Wed 17-Jul-13 19:10:50

Thanks for all the positive reassurance on the take 2 thread. Was beginning to feel like I was some sort of freak with no symptoms.

Have however been suffering from extremely itchy arms since I got home from holiday???

Only got a matter of hours until I get the evidence I need that there is actually a wee baby in there. Looking forward to all the scan stories over the next few weeks smile

bugsyburge Wed 17-Jul-13 19:16:22

hey all, just checking in
barebranches I think you have to wait til a few months after the birth but check with mw

LovesToBake Wed 17-Jul-13 19:17:14

Wow, another new thread! Barebranches I'm pretty sure they won't do a smear test now you're pregnant as it's too risky. They'll want to do it afterwards.

I feel I have nothing to say here other than constant chat about puking and nausea so I think I'll just lurk for a bit! Can't think of a single thing I can face to eat this evening so might try and force down some cereal in a bit just to keep things ticking over.

ldt87 Wed 17-Jul-13 19:21:54

Hey everyone, got a bit lost on the last thread so checking in here. I'm 11+1 and my scan is next Monday. Seems like it's taken an age to come around but not long now.

I'm absolutely exhausted! Can't decide if it's still the pregnancy or the heat at the moment. How is everyone? Xx

CubanoHabana Wed 17-Jul-13 19:31:15

Marking place...

bare I am overdue for my smear, as kept thinking I might be pregnant so didn't want to book it! Mw says it can't be done until after baby is born but not to forget!

EeyoreIsh Wed 17-Jul-13 19:34:35

I've just ended up calling 111 because my tummy cramps returned! I'm such a pregnant worrier! Anyway, I'm now resting and drinking lots of fluids in the hope that helps.

Normally I would shrug off a bit of tummy pain and ride it out, but when there's a baby growing nearby it seems that much scarier. Anyway, the nhs nurse was lovely and have me a long list of things I need to actually worry about.

I feel really anti social as we have someone staying with us and the last three evenings I've hid in my bedroom. He doesn't know I'm pregnant, so probably is worried he'll catch a bug from me!

Blimey you lot have been chatty!

Another O- here. I had an anti-d injection with ds at 28 weeks (in my arm) and then they took blood from the umbilical cord at birth to check his blood type (also O-). If he'd been + i would have had to go to hospital within 72 hours of the birth for another anti-d. I don't know if they just automatically give it as hospital at the birth? I couldn't have anti-d at home for some reason (but I could have bloods taken and pethidine had I wanted it? confused). Maybe that's why they don't test the dp's - because they need to test the babies at birth anyway?

I had an awful/lovely weekend at home with my parents. Awful because I came down with ds's bug and was vomiting for 12 hours straight (my upmost sympathy to those with hg - I was nearly crying after a day and I at least knew it should be over in 24 hours!) but it was still lovely as I had my mum looking after me and running around after ds. I felt very spoilt. Missed my friends wedding party though sad

I told some more family/friends this weekend, but still none of the inlaws. My boss jokingly asked if I was vomming because I was pregnant, I said yes and then lied and said No because I wasn't really listening to him blush. Ah well he can find out after 6th August.

homebyninethirty Wed 17-Jul-13 20:23:20

Hey everyone! I got a bit lost in the last thread too but I'm back - 9+1! amicus so glad it's not just me with the lack of symptoms...I was feeling so worried about it all the other day, especially as it feels like ages to wait until my scan date...
I'm in NZ (originally from the UK) and our maternity system is slightly different. You can choose to receive care either from an independent midwife or a hospital midwifery team but either way it is free. I had my booking appointment way back in week 5...got my next appointment one week today!

rueyrichardson Wed 17-Jul-13 20:41:32

I'm O- too, I recall a similar experience ref anti D to that, which prudence describes, except I had the shot at 72 hours too.

amicusapple Wed 17-Jul-13 22:45:27

O- too! That's a lot of universal donors! Hope you're all giving blood (after baby of course) wink

Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 22:54:57

Wow lots of rare blood types here!!!!!! I checked the National blood website and apparently stocks are running low so after I've had baby I think I should give blood. I was shocked to see that only 7% of people are O- and we cant take any blood other than from our own. I also read that there are conspiracy theories about it deriving from aliens though! hmm

Anyway, apparently if DH is a negative blood type they say you don't need the shot as apparently baby can only be a negative. Two positive parents can create a negative child though if they are negative carriers, but also one positive parent and the other parent being negative will create a positive child, unless the positive parent is a carrier. So, chances of DH being negative is slim!!!!!!! smile

I feel so ill tonight, worse than I've been in days. Can't stop being poorly sad

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

10 weeks tomorrow!

Shardlake Thu 18-Jul-13 04:57:36

Hi everyone, I'd like to join too please! I'm 9 weeks pregnant today, due 20 Feb. Had an early scan this time last week to check what was happening as I'd had a little bleeding, but everything looks ok. Hope everyone is feeling ok.
Homeby930, I'm in NZ too, I think the midwife system over here is really great. I've booked in with the same midwife I had for my daughter (who will be 2 in August), it's been lovely to see her again.
Congratulations everyone! flowers

This thread is not accepting new messages.