Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in July 2013 - newborns to the left of me, big bumps to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you babe!

(916 Posts)
SlouchingPanda Fri 12-Jul-13 19:01:27

Hello shiny new thread!

IcingTheCake Fri 12-Jul-13 23:43:52

evelyn ahh what terrible timing! At least your OH is on paternity leave now though! I hope your water gets fixed soon! smile

Getting sharp pains down there, think baby is moving down to fully engage, really want it to lead to something but have a feeling its not going too - boo!

Silver15 Sat 13-Jul-13 01:47:37

Hello, just marking my place.

TomDaleysTrunks Sat 13-Jul-13 04:20:00

Marking place!

Fed up. Thought things were moving all yesterday but everything has stopped for last few hours. Getting occasional twinges and have some lower back pain but nothing exciting. So frustrating.

Congrats to Esme and Quin!

BB01 Sat 13-Jul-13 04:45:20

Marking spot!

SundaySunshine Sat 13-Jul-13 04:49:54

Congratulations quin glad allis ok with your little one, enjoy lovely snuggles MS good luckkk with feeding.

Congrats also to esme hope you are recovering well!

Hope things settle down for you princess, your DH sounds a star, mine won't even go downstairs to get mme a glass of water! Strangely no one took me up on the DH swap offer, but I'm considering giving him away for free!

Thanks for lovely new thread slouching may it bring many bundles of joy smile

SundaySunshine Sat 13-Jul-13 04:51:09

MS = and ??

shelley72 Sat 13-Jul-13 05:37:15

Marks place for later. Squeeeeezes pelvic floor...

Marking place, and saying congrats to the new arrivals. I've been up all night with period pains and am now completely bored. Running a bath at the moment to see if that settles them. I am playing at a local festival this morning (im the ease the hangover set smile) and my singing will be far better if I am not "ow" ing in the middle of phrases! Still hoping my bump remains a bump for a bit longer as he's been measuring small, attributed to the hyperemesis. Longer he cooks the bigger he gets which is better for him. Ouch ouch ouch.

Who has lovely plans for the weekend?

dinkystinky Sat 13-Jul-13 06:03:40

Congrats Quin and welcome to the world Sophia. If she's unsettled I really recommend steering a cranial osteopath - forceps/ventouse can sometimes cause some discomfort which a good c.o. can help with - though some babies don't need it.

Tom - baby is coming. Theyll start up again soon. Waves - sounds like its starting for you too.good luck both of you x

dinkystinky Sat 13-Jul-13 07:13:42

Evelyn - hope you get everything sorted today. How super annoying.

Busy day today as its ds1 and ds2s play day.

SlouchingPanda Sat 13-Jul-13 07:33:06

Well, I successfully managed to avoid giving birth yesterday and DH has now returned from afar, so today would be good! Sadly, no signs of anything at all. I know that I'll probably be begging for the pain to stop once labour gets going but at the moment just want something to happen!

Congratulations Quin and Esme on your little or not so little bundles of joy. Icing glad that you had a sensible chat with your mum - I don't think what you are asking us unreasonable in the slightest.

My weekend plans mainly revolve around eating thus ensuring a BFMB of my own!. Going to knock up some scones later for cream tea with a friend, then making a Thai curry for dinner, and won't be holding back on the chillies! The single most important thing is that we're off to pick up the new coffee machine (yes, the least exciting long-running thread saga continues) - so maybe it's best that junior hasn't made an appearance til that's up and running ;-)

40+2 (and getting a bit bored now).

dinkystinky Sat 13-Jul-13 08:22:51

I reckon baby panda is waiting till you've got proper caffeine in the house again :-)

VinegarDrinker Sat 13-Jul-13 08:27:00

Agree with dinky - clever baby!

IcingTheCake Sat 13-Jul-13 08:44:12

Oh tom it will be soon dont worry! smile And the stop start might mean you'll have a sneeze birth so it could be worth it grin

waves have fun at your festival today but it does sound like you might not get through it smile good luck!

slouching baby panda is definitely waiting until the coffee is in place, gonna have yourself an all nighter there wink

Going to have a day of chilling in the pool today grin very excited!

39 weeks today - almost term!!! grin

MightBeMad Sat 13-Jul-13 09:16:30

Morning all! Congrats Quinn and esme!! Good luck to the in the early stages. Anyone heArd from cheek?

Baby was 'very engaged' to quote mw yesterday but she warned me second babies can pop in and out. Sure enough, pretty sure he's not engaged this morning. Looks like I'm going to be waiting a while yet smile

38+1

Cheeseandbread Sat 13-Jul-13 09:19:04

Marking my place- congratulations on the new arrivals.

Dinky great levels that DS2 got for KS1- a clever boy you have there! You should be one proud mummy smile

Sorry those who have been having trouble with parents- icing glad yours seem sorted now.

Thanks for advice on breastfeeding/sleeping and I sympothise with all those having problems- I like hearing all the advice from those who have been there before...

I have another breast problem that I was hoping some experienced mummies might be able to help with. Juno has choked a few times when feeding and it's been quite scary. I've read some info on Kellymom about forceful letdown and how to combat it but wondered if anyone else had this problem and what you've done to help...?

Good luck to all those showing promising signs- hopefully we will have some more little ones before long!

BB01 Sat 13-Jul-13 09:34:03

Cheese, I have same issue with letdown. Have been advised to try lying back a bit more to see if that helps slow the flow. All very well and good until you need to leave the house!

Cheeseandbread Sat 13-Jul-13 09:44:39

Thanks BB01 I will try that. I tried to sit her up a bit befor but then she seemed to get air and nipple only- but I'll try and lie back and see if that does the trick smile

Also I was told by the hospital not to have a bath for 2/3 weeks because of stitches. I would really like a bath as a shower just isn't the same... dinky you have some good advice a while back about things to put in a bath like lavender and comfrey I think... Had anyone else had a bath yet after giving birth? How long did you wait?

Sorry for all the me me me...

TomDaleysTrunks Sat 13-Jul-13 10:13:20

Slouching baby clearly knows the importance of caffeine! Clever thing! grin

Thanks for all the positive comments ladies! grin At sneeze birth icing.

TomDaleysTrunks Sat 13-Jul-13 10:14:21

cheese never heard of no baths after stitches. I put witch hazel in after having stitches with DD. helped a lot. Maybe give post natal ward a ring and check that advice?

MummyKanny Sat 13-Jul-13 10:21:24

Marking my place too - thank you, Slouching! I hope this is the thread I make my announcement on. Getting a new coffee machine is very exciting, especially when you have been waiting so long. And I am stealing your Thai curry idea for supper! Yum.

Good luck to all those with feeding issues.

Congratulations to Quinn and Esme - 11 pounds, yowzers! shock

Dinky, enjoy today with your boys.

No real excitement for me this weekend, apart from a trip to the shops for some nursing bras. Hurray! DH seems to think baby will arrive this weekend but I'm not feeling any twinges at all (apart from the occasional period type pain) so I think he is going to be disappointed.. It's my birthday on Tuesday as well as my late grandma's, so think it would be nice if baby arrived then.

39+2

dinkystinky Sat 13-Jul-13 10:35:13

Cheese - I have a strong let down too. If Juno wants to come off the boob when it starts, let her and damp down the flow with a muslin - it will be less forceful when she goes back on. That's how ds1 coped. With ds2, I applied pressure above and below the areola with my hand to slow the flow which helped. Lying down feeding and biological nurturing position helped in early days.

Stitches - of course you can have a bath but no soap/bubbles. Some salt and few drops of lavender are good for stitches. Blot dry the stitches afterwards with clean mat pads. Don't get water near your boobs if sore! I also pour jug of warm water with a few drops of lavender and comfrey over the stitches and blot them off a couple of times a day to keep them clean.

Beginningofthejourney Sat 13-Jul-13 10:38:09

Cheese I had a bath a few days after birth just felt like I needed to have a quick soak, can't remember if you had c-section? I didn't so don't know if the rules are different?
Those of you with babies not settling I have managed to get Theo to sleep in his own bed for the past two nights by elevating his head, until then he had been sleeping on me! He is on medication for his reflux but I wonder if he was feeling sick/uncomfortable laying flat? Might just be that he is a bit older and nothing to do with his bed but might be worth a try?
Hope everyone manages to stay cool today

dinkystinky Sat 13-Jul-13 11:05:44

Mightbemad - J didn't engage till my waters went in the birth centre and was still a swift birth. So don't fret too much about baby disengaging.

Glad all sorted with your mum Icing.

I'm not due to have a baby but I've seen this on the active convos several times and really want to say - what a fantastic title for your thread!

Good luck/congratulations/hurry up and get out baby/as appropriate to everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now