Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - only 3 months to go!

(1000 Posts)
roxvox Thu 11-Jul-13 12:27:40

Baby due dates/sexes/name choices here

cuillereasoupe Thu 11-Jul-13 19:52:17

My ex before DP was a complete neat freak (to the point of tutting if I wrinkled the tablecloth hmm) and I have to say having the same housekeeping standards was one of my top five criteria for a new partner!

I have been walking like an old woman today. Ouch.

Natalieand Thu 11-Jul-13 20:04:16

U ladies so like to chat, but I only ever mumsnet from my phone and I cannot remember for the life of me half of what was read so I'm not being rude by not joining in the discussing

Hope u and your dp manage to resolve everything MoN
For me dh says he doesn't mind what I do house work wise bit I like it to be neat and tidy for when he gets home even if that means rushing round for the last hour before he comes home lol but tbh I'm more of a tidy freak than him, he never cooks but if for some reason I'm not well or not up to it then he is happy to pay for a take away his idea of him doing dinner

After my busy lego land day yesterday and rushing round town to resolve a bridesmaid and pageboy disaster for my sister then having to do the food shop and tidy the house my back hurts my bump hurts my feet hurt and now my wrist hurts... Thinking maybe carpal tunnel syndrome as I had it last pregnancy

Excuse my rudeness but I can't rember who failed their driving test today but commiserations to you, I passed third time too to be honest third time seems to be a very common number to pass on just keep going and don't give up failing the driving test is no reflection on your driving skills as I bet 99% of ppl on the road today couldn't pass a driving test now if they had too xx

Glad everything went well at the scan (whoever it was that had their scan today)

According to me several weather apps on my phone its gunna be hot like this up until Wednesday (as far as my forecast goes)

Smitten1981 Thu 11-Jul-13 20:09:49

Ananikifo - I had my 25 week appt today. She didn't measure anything, just said my uterus should be just above my belly button and felt it and said it was. That's as far as checking anything went.

Shirehobbit Thu 11-Jul-13 20:18:37

I have no appetite tonight, but have just discovered Fruit Pastille lollies - so gorgeous grin

Smitten1981 Thu 11-Jul-13 20:20:36

I'm obsessed with those lollies Shire. We get through 2 packs a week.

I didn't really go on strike Orange. I just let him think I had. I wad sitting in the garden when he came home and he sat beside me and tried to start a conversation with me but ad he's not yet apologised I just muttered one word answers.
He asked if I'd felt the baby move today ad he always does and I was really cruel and told him she hadn't moved since last night.
It's like getting blood out of a stone but I'm determined I will get an apology. He does know he's in the wrong because there's been no shouting at all tonight.

roofio87 Thu 11-Jul-13 20:33:33

anyone else watching the great British budget menu on bbc 1? its very interesting re our.conversations about food budgets. these people have so little money for food, but Its giving good tips about how to.eat well cheaply. we definitely over spend on unecessary treats!!

I am now that you've mentioned it roofio.

claphammama Thu 11-Jul-13 20:56:52

I'm watching it! can't believe the poor old man who has the budget of 1 pound for his dinners... or the woman who skips breakfast and dinner and saves the best bits for her daughter...

First Dates start in 7min too. Hope there will be some outrageous people tonight!

I'm totally exhausted today after today's total of 3 hours commute. So DP is on bedtime duty and all I can do is veg on the sofa and watch TV...

textbook Thu 11-Jul-13 20:59:09

Thanks for the new thread roxvox smile

Congrats on the flat Umlauf, and commiserations on the driving test Bridget - if it makes you feel any better, I failed my first test for driving the wrong way on a one-way street, and the test was "terminated in the interest of public safety"! Oops...

Sorry to hear about all the twattish dp/h's - mine was on fine form yesterday evening (birthday) when asked to help me clean some milk up that I had spilt on the floor. I have SPD so am finding getting down onto the ground difficult (and getting up again impossible!), and was told "all the other pregnant women I've known have managed - why are you so useless?" shock They have no idea. Sigh.

Love hearing about all the names. Mine is just a random word I thought of - was doing my degree at the time and remember looking around the room desperately for inspiration!

Have my GTT tomorrow morning, so about to have last snack grin. Dreading the blood tests as my veins are crap and I'll end up with both from my right hand, which will then be agony. I'm going to ask if they will put a cannula in instead so at least I'm only punctured once... I'm going to spend the waiting time doing baby shopping online to cheer me up!

Shire it isn't ofsted, but we got requires improvement in October, then HMI inspected us as well shortly after and they said we should be "good" soon if not already, now they are coming back to check we are, and that will trigger another ofsted, probably at the beginning of next term now. I may still be there by then bleugh.

Shirehobbit Thu 11-Jul-13 21:11:28

I hope it goes well, orange
I found myself offering to delay my maternity leave if my school gets the call in the first couple of weeks of the autumn term.

Natalieand Thu 11-Jul-13 21:21:18

Tips for seriously aching feet ladies ?

Have put first dates on to record series now as I keep missing it! And will have to catch up with the food budgeting one on Iplayer tommorow as I intend to do absolutely nothing because I've really overdone it the last two days and am feeling it so bad now x

PseudoBadger Thu 11-Jul-13 21:42:01

I soak mine for a while Nat and then put them up until bed smile

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Thu 11-Jul-13 22:03:57

Just wanted to pop back on to say thank-you so much for all the kind words and encouragement re: my driving test - it's really helped cheer me up smile

Not really sure of my next steps as I'm going to struggle fitting in lessons over the school summer holidays and then I think I'll be getting a bit too big behind the wheel...

Off to have a relaxing bath. Oh, not sure who mentioned it but I'm definitely starting to waddle too.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Thu 11-Jul-13 22:09:35

Oh, completely agree that fruit pastille lollies are gorgeous. M & S do a similar Colin the caterpillar lolly that is also scrummy. My current craving is for strawberry and tropical flavour calippos - they are divine.

PseudoBadger Thu 11-Jul-13 22:25:31

That was me Bridget, just had a lovely waddle with the dogs grin

They are my favourite calippos too!

Well Desperate Dan took Linah to the park with the dog earlier and came back with a big slab of chocolate for me so I think that's my apology.
He's just told me that he took my house keys to work with him this morning as he thought I might lock him out.
I really want to learn to drive. Summer holidays would be so much easier if I could drive. I think it's a mini bus we need though.

I've definitely had a growth spurt, moving, bending etc all getting more difficult! 26 weeks tomorrow, didn't get measured by mw on Mon, she said I will do at 28 weeks. I'm leaving work at beginning of sept, 4 weeks hol then mat leave 2 weeks b4 due date! 20 shifts! (disclaimer I only work 3 shifts a week and I have 2 weeks hol planned b4 then too)

I had a customer at work today say "Ooh u can't have long left!" ummm yes 3 months! In contrast I had another customer say I looked fab and a mum at pre school said I was tiny, love how people's views can vary so much!

We know all about your relaxing baths *Bridget grin

I hate people asking when I'm due threeblondies as they can never hide their surprise when I tell them I'm not due until the middle of October. Everyone thinks I must be approaching my due date.

tuckingfits Thu 11-Jul-13 23:57:01

No problem pinkbuttons,you're the first to voice an interest so they are your's! Can you pm me your address & I will attempt to get to post office tomorrow. I'll be back but am just home & need to chill out & cool down. Work is disgustingly hot & I need a cold shower.

Blondies, yes I had a stranger in the loos on the boat trip last week say ooh the baby's due then, and she had to back track when I said I was only just 6 months. Most people say I am small though. I look massive in some clothes and not in others.

Had a lovely shoulder massage from DH last night, I rolled my maternity cushion into a circle with a hole in the middle for the bump to hang into so I could lay on my front. Still achey shoulder this morning, think the big boobs are making me hunch over and it is along an old car accident injury, I think I will always ache there if I ache anywhere.

How are you feeling this morning Tarlia?

Haylebop12 Fri 12-Jul-13 08:46:25

Morning ladies!

Finally back with the land of the living, well the oct

Haylebop12 Fri 12-Jul-13 08:56:42

Morning ladies!

Finally back with the land of the living, well the October thread. Been working all my shifts together and I find it difficult to keep up when I'm not off work.

Can't remember who it was but I also didn't get measured at 25 weeks. She felt where stuff was and seemed happy with that but I too feel like I've had a spurt. I won't see the mw now till 32 weeks, should be 31 but with me on holiday then her its getting pushed back. Do feel like getting in touch to get measured though?

bridget hope you enjoyed your bath wink there's always next time for your test smile

MoN that would be my dhs way of apologising too!

I'm also getting the "wow you've really grown" to "your bump is so neat" I definitely feel bigger then I am I think

threeblondies I'm finishing around the same time as you (28th aug) as I'm also adding holiday on. Also have two weeks still to take upon my return so its turned out to be 43 weeks altogether.

6 shifts lefts till my holidays then 12 when I get back before mat leave starts. Wow sounds so close now!

Going to fetch the Moses basket tomorrow and any other baby stuff I've forgotten about in our old loft oop north. I want to wash it all while the weather is nice too but I realise its a little early!

Anyone else getting inpatient? I think because we talk about him using his name, as a real person type thing it seems like he should be here!!!

Happy sunny Friday to you all!

This thread is not accepting new messages.