Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - only 3 months to go!

(1000 Posts)
roxvox Thu 11-Jul-13 12:27:40

Baby due dates/sexes/name choices here

Oh bridget I have failed 3 times now no real idea why as its different every time driving instructor has said i am a great driver must just be nerves on the day so i have given it a rest till baby has arrived which means my theory will have run out and i will have to sit it again but i dont mind. We will get there try not be too down on yourself remember tests are a money spinner too they are a lot harder than they would have been if i sat it 10 years ago at 18 that what driving instructor says anyhow. brew

claphammama Thu 11-Jul-13 15:52:01

just confirmed my maternity leave start date as 2nd October and will be taking the remaining 12 days of holidays before it kicks in, so 13th September will be my last day in the office. 35 working days left...

Wickedgirl Thu 11-Jul-13 16:06:39

My DH hasn't really stepped up yet with the housework either. He is going to have to soon because the SPD is just getting too much. DH grew up in quite a messy house though so he doesn't see any of the mess and chaos that I see. With 3 children and 4 cats in the house, there is always something that needs doing.

I so couldn't sleep last night. Bed at 10. Awake at 12 but not for long. Awake again at 2. Still awake at 3 so I woke DH up too for a bit of "adult fun". Sleep at 4 feeling much more relaxed (sorry to lower the tone of the conversation!). grin

Congrats on the new house......that will be a weight off your mind

Thank you for the new thread........we got though the last one really quickly

JethroTull Thu 11-Jul-13 16:43:31

Ooooh a new thread. Thanks Rox

Clapham your mat leave date is the same as mine, 35 days sounds good!

roxvox Thu 11-Jul-13 16:49:08

Sorry to hear about your driving test bridget. I can remember how sad I was the first 2 times I failed, but I do think that I am a better driver than friends who passed first time! Nerves just got to me. I passed third time because I was more relaxed and pretty convinced that I was just going to fail again.

The second time I failed because I turned left when the instructor told me to turn right. Whilst that isn't a reason to mark someone down at all, I spent the rest of the test messing things up because I felt so stupid and angry with myself!

claphammama Thu 11-Jul-13 16:51:51

bear in mind I've taken off 10 days for my holidays in early August so it would be 45 days if you work full time and are not planning to take any time off in the meantime

claphammama Thu 11-Jul-13 16:52:48

ps. when are you due jethro? I'm 22nd Oct

tuckingfits Thu 11-Jul-13 17:02:33

Hi all. I've got to go & get ready for work sad but I thought I'd have my first post on new thread first & say it was www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk that I found my reduced price hot milk bras at. Hope that helps people. Oh also,I have been given some second hand but good condition Elle MacPherson nursing bras in 36d that will not fit me ever. If it would help anyone I would be willing to send them for postage costs. Not much I shouldn't think & I think there are 5 or 6...

claphammama Thu 11-Jul-13 17:07:52

thanks tucking. I couldn't help but notice... some of these models' stomachs and waists... this is a joke. One of them seems to have a six pack. Is she really "nursing"??

JellyCurls Thu 11-Jul-13 17:20:00

tucking had a look at where kilbitnid is and it's fair to say we won't be meeting at that aqua natal class. Also 8.30 is too late for me as I'm up at 5am for work.

Hello new thread, thanks Roxvox

Interesting reading MN names stuff, Bowlfullofjelly made me laugh, the innocence of kids!

And Clapham I looked at the link just to see the six pack. Obviously that will be us by November grin

Soupqueen Thu 11-Jul-13 17:24:48

Scan all good, measurements and blood pressure bang on. I've to go back in 4 weeks for another scan but my fears of having to deliver at 26 weeks have been allayed. I'll worry again about doing it at 30 weeks of course but every week inside is to the good. Also, there is every chance that I won't have to deliver early and will go to term, so lots of good news.

tuckingfits Thu 11-Jul-13 17:25:20

Yeah,it's not exactly handy unless you live in Kilbirnie,Beith or Dalry!

As for the models - I think it's unlikely most have ever held a baby,let alone had one & breastfed it!!

My username comes from the fact that I have a filthy mouth,ridiculous boobs & thought it was clever to turn one of my favourite double barrelled swears into a non-sweary username. It doesn't take much to amuse me :D

GTbaby Thu 11-Jul-13 17:31:11

Woop. We have a new thread. I noticed we were near the end last night but then couldn't get Internet at work today.

Better feed the lil man before catching up on thread.

ananikifo Thu 11-Jul-13 17:43:47

Bridget I'm so sorry about the test. I last failed a driving test last September and am taking a long break from it. I'm hoping I could pass during mat leave. You are brave and amazing for persevering with the driving tests through pregnancy.

roofio87 Thu 11-Jul-13 17:55:50

well ana I'm even worse, my last failed driving test was 8 years ago, oops!! I know its rubbish Bridget but do keep going, I regret giving up now!!

pinkbuttons Thu 11-Jul-13 18:24:56

Thankyou you for new thread roxvox 3 months to go makes me think I really nees to get my arse in gear, but also how exciting!!
tucking if bras havent been snatched up then Id be more than happy to pay postage cost. they would be a great help if they dont fit you.

Sorry about driving test bridget I have been working up the courage to take mine, but havent been brave enougg since being pregnant. Hope either retail therapy or cake have helped this afternoon xx

char1eston Thu 11-Jul-13 19:19:05

Sorry about the test Bridget - you will pass. I can't imagine how off putting it is to have someone kicking you in the tummy while you are trying to concentrate on what you are being asked to do.

Thanks for the new thread roxvox.

Bowlfull maybe if we talk through the night you could get to finish a thread?!

They occasionally sell hot milk nursing bras on Zulilly. It was definitely my favourite bra I had last time and would love to get another couple. I agree with M&S being a bit shite with measuring. I was wearing 36C pre preg and got measured as a 32E at Bravissimo post preg. I can't remember how long it took my ribs to go back unfortunately but if you get some bra extenders and buy the bras on the smaller side, they will help with making them last a bit longer. I think I was in 36E whilst BF but can't really remember. I'm sure i was told that 38 weeks would be a good time to be measured for nursing bras too.

Sorry your DP is being an arse MoN. Makes me appreciate my DP for getting up in the night when DD wakes up, doing most mornings and tidying (he's not so good at cleaning but you can't have everything). Umlauf, sounds like I'm a lot like you - I'm definitely the untidy one in the house but neither of us are good at cleaning. I do no ironing at all and it hadn't even occurred to me that I will have to iron school uniforms - blimey!

DD just came downstairs to say goodnight (DP has done bath/bedtime as I've been feeling rubbish today) and she said she wanted to stay with me all night. Very cute but it was a bit of a delay tactic as I can now hear her upstairs complaining about bed.

umlauf - can't believe your deposit is sooooo expensive but glad the funds came through in time.

Have a splendid holiday flyer - make the most of the relaxation time - holidays will never be the same again!

For those looking for videos, they used to give this DVD out at the MW but I don't think they do now. Might be useful for some...
www.bestbeginnings.org.uk/watch-fbtb

PseudoBadger Thu 11-Jul-13 19:22:09

I had a definite waddle to my walking today - anyone else?

Oh no Bridget! D you think you will leave it until post baby to try again now?

Hooray on the flat umlauf!

Glad you are feeling and looking better falcon.

MoN I hope you don't have any trouble for your strike today, although probably wouldn't be a bad thing if you did to get things sorted out.

Super hot and sticky today. DH is making a delicious smelling coriander noodle dinner. Mmm making me very hungry.

That's interesting, a couple of. You have said midwives were lukewarm at best about whooping cough vaccine. I imagine it is probably best for me to get it as I work with germy young children who seem to get everything but will definitely research it now. Thanks.

We have an HMI inspection on Wednesday next week so super stress getting everything ready at work. I really can't be bothered!

Thanks also for. The new thread and for putting the spreadsheet link at the top.

Me again. Orange Blossom was the main smell in my wedding scent and its flower meaning is fertility.

Soupqueen Thu 11-Jul-13 19:44:47

I got an email today about the Bravissimo sale - good timing if anyone is needing to go bra shopping.

Shirehobbit Thu 11-Jul-13 19:46:36

I can't believe they're inspecting you in the last week of term, orangeblossom?! shock

ananikifo Thu 11-Jul-13 19:47:04

As a late October due date, I'm always behind in this thread, but my 25 week mw appt is tomorrow. She'll take a fundal height, right? They've put a growth chart in my notes that seems to be customised for me, and doesn't exactly follow the 1 cm= 1 week pattern. Does not every hospital do this? What I'm fascinated by is this growth chart seems to equate the fundal heights to foetal weights. I'll definitely be watching this over the next three months, although it seems really dubious as lots if women see to be sent for scans and go on to have large babies.

This thread is not accepting new messages.