Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - Boys, Girls and Bulging Bumps!

(511 Posts)
MummaPanda Wed 03-Jul-13 16:33:52

For those wanting to join our facebook group please ask, there's always room for more!!

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Sat 06-Jul-13 00:07:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

notsoold Sat 06-Jul-13 07:55:48

Harverina: I totally sympathize.... Although my problem is the other way around. Like in my other pgs and it is a pain sad

Babybump26 Sat 06-Jul-13 07:58:27

Welcome cute grin

I hate to say it but my bowels have been the opposite which is unlike me as I'm not normally the best at going anyway! The things pregnancy does to you confused

Welcome cute!

Harv and hmt - have you tried senna tablets? They really worked for me! I got tesco own which were pretty cheap and it took 2 doses in a row but boy did they work!

TheBananaStand Sat 06-Jul-13 10:34:18

Hi everyone! I wondered if I could join you?

My wee one is due 24th Nov and we found out yesterday that it's a girl! Well, she was being shy and curling up and my placenta was in the way so the sonographer couldn't get a good look but said that she couldn't spot any obvious boy parts.I was a bit of a tomboy growing up and always pictured myself with a boy for some reason but excited that we have the chance to bring up an awesome little girl! smile

Babybump26 Sat 06-Jul-13 12:22:44

Congratulations TheBananaStand!!

Glad your scan went well, I'm due two days after you smile

harverina Sat 06-Jul-13 14:20:32

Fairy I haven't tried them but will head to the shops later and buy them as i am starting to feel a bit uncomfortable hmm

Welcome banana grin little girls are great, I have a 3 year old girl who is just wonderful (and very cheeky wink)

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday.

HMT13 Sat 06-Jul-13 21:27:46

Fairydogmother - no I haven't. Will give my juice a go this week and if no luck will try them, thanks. It's a pain isn't it! Quite literally confused

Hi and welcome banana!

I've had a bit of a bad day eating wise - oops. Fried eggs and potato bread for breakfast, fanta and mcflurry at lunchtime, hotdogs and wedges for dinner plus several bits of coffee cake, a pineapple cream bun and 2 cans of fake mojito! Lardy isn't the word!

Got 2 bargains in mothercare tho. A lovely stripy top reduced to £7 and a black body con dress for £16 which will be great for the 2 weddings we have!

theboob Sat 06-Jul-13 21:59:18

For those struggling in the poo department , invest in a toddler step and use this to raise your feet . This will help osition your body in the correct alignment for evacuation lol , it really does help

IRCL Sat 06-Jul-13 22:22:37

can I join?

I'm due on the 17th with a little boy. smile

So far hassle free pregnancy. Touch wood!

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Sat 06-Jul-13 23:38:11

harverina Sat 06-Jul-13 23:54:16

I didn't manage to get to shops for senna so I have drank a unnatural amount of fresh orange tonight smile fingers crossed! I have a toddler stool so will give that a go too!! How nice eh.

harverina Sat 06-Jul-13 23:54:45

Oh and welcome ircl grin

CuteLittleToes Sun 07-Jul-13 01:22:30

Welcome banana and ircl!

Banana, my initial due date was 24th of November too! But then they moved it to 18th after the scan, so I'm due one day after you ircl smile

Had my 20 week scan yesterday, but we didn't want to know the gender. The sonographer was quite happy as she wouldn't have been able to tell anyway smile

We think it's a boy smile oh well, we'll see...

Animol Sun 07-Jul-13 06:03:09

Welcome Banana and ircl

last few nights I've been up half the night coughing sad

LO is getting incredibly active - goodness know what it's actually doing in there smile

Norfolknway Sun 07-Jul-13 07:40:32

Hello grin
I'm due 4/11 I'd like to join too smile

I have an extremely lively one this morning - I think we need to have a chat about Sunday mornings wink

SuffolkNWhat Sun 07-Jul-13 08:51:35

Norfolknway Sun 07-Jul-13 10:18:41

grin Yours is pretty sweet too.

The weeks are just flying by this time, my DD has just turned 2, going to be here in no time!

Hello new ladies!

harverina Sun 07-Jul-13 11:29:51

Norfolk the weeks are totally flying by its amazing - and a little worrying. We moved into a reck of a house in November and have sooooo much to do before baby is born. I know we don't have to be finished completely, and we won't be as we have run out of money to do the kitchen, but we really want to have everywhere else ready - so that means we have a huge hall, nursery, other spare bedroom and little toilet all to decorate in less than 17 weeks shock too ambitious? (Doing it ourselves!)

I have been getting lots more movement too - not all day but have spells where I have constant kicks and can feel the baby turning and swirling round grin it's lovely.

Working on my uni essay again today hmm in the hope that I will be nearly finished by the end of the day. It's due Friday and I am not even confident that I have done enough to pass as I left it until the last minute - couldn't motivate myself and was just so tired every night. But it's nearly finished - well I have about 1000 words to do, so it will get handed in and if it fails I will worry about it next year blush

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this lovely weather.

honey86 Sun 07-Jul-13 20:21:55

theboob grin i lol'd at evacuation lol! welcome to the newbies smile

movements here are getting stronger too smile i can actually rest my iphone on my belly and watch it wobble like a seesawgrin had some quiet days, which my dopplers come in handy for, so i know his heartbeat has stayed normal, and sure enough he starts kicking again. i hope my pregnancy continues being normal though, i have my holiday in 7 weeks and need to be fit to fly xx

harverina Sun 07-Jul-13 23:20:28

With regards to evacuation - didn't need senna. 1.5 litres of fresh orange was more than sufficient blush

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Mon 08-Jul-13 00:19:30

GwenStacy Mon 08-Jul-13 14:03:40

Hi getoffthecoffeetable - I've considered seeing about working different hours, but as I'm on the Heathrow branch of the Piccadilly line, it doens't start to quieten down until mid morning - I might try and tough it out for a couple more weeks until we move, when I can get lovely air conditioned trains in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now