Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2013 - Boys, Girls and Bulging Bumps!

(511 Posts)
MummaPanda Wed 03-Jul-13 16:33:52

For those wanting to join our facebook group please ask, there's always room for more!!

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sat 14-Sep-13 16:47:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JJ1225 Sat 14-Sep-13 16:51:15

ah thank you!
bit late with the joining seeing as coming up to the last 8 weeks but better late than never

Hi and welcome jj!

harverina Sun 15-Sep-13 10:02:13

Hello jj! It's never too late to join grin

Babybump26 Mon 16-Sep-13 15:39:36

Hi JJ - welcome to the chaos! smile

Lovely to hear your update heart, sorry - I don't check on here very often but do think of you x

BigKicker Mon 16-Sep-13 22:46:41

I've been on mn for a while now and can't believe I totally missed out on this group! I've 7 weeks left so really am a late joiner! I'm guessing most people on here quite a while so feel a bit rude jumping in now.

harverina Mon 16-Sep-13 22:55:46

Hi bigkicker! Not to late no, welcome!! When are u due?

BigKicker Mon 16-Sep-13 23:00:37

Thanks Harverina! Due 6th November and it can't come quick enough! At the moment I'm nearly more excited about finishing work, want naps! How bad is that.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Tue 17-Sep-13 00:42:40

Hi bigkicker! You're due the day after me grin

Wibblypiglikesbananas Tue 17-Sep-13 20:09:56

Hi all,

Anyone else super tired at the mo? I could sleep forever! Obviously not an option with a toddler as well but would be nice!

Welcome to the newbies! Hope you're feeling ok!

Angus - they're crazy with the scans here. I've had 5 compared with the 2 in the UK last time round. Hope it's all ok x

BigKicker Tue 17-Sep-13 22:17:32

Thanks for all the welcomes!! smile I'm feeling like it's the first trimester all over again with the tiredness, not sleeping well at all and when I can sleep I'm at work!
Today's big issue was shaving my legs, such a simple task yet proved so difficult!

harverina Tue 17-Sep-13 23:18:17

Yes I am feeling tired too. Sometimes I feel unbearably tired like I just can't do anything else but sit and close my eyes - but like you say, not possibly with a toddler!!!

Big kicker I feel the same...I don't think I can get properly excited until I stop work! I am of course excited and making lots of preparations but I am still too focused on work to properly enjoy it all. I finish next Thursday thank goodness! When do you finish?

BigKicker Wed 18-Sep-13 00:39:06

Oh lucky you! I have another month left sad but I'm not sure if I'll make it. Getting alot more dizzy spells now and it has happened a few times on my drive in and out of work which was quite scary so dh wants me signed off sooner rather than later.

Lozcat86 Wed 18-Sep-13 07:25:58

I finish for ML on 4th Oct, when ill be 34weeks. Technically i only have 5 12hr shifts left as I've got annual leave this week etc. I cant wait! Its a little early but my commute to work is long, so are the shifts and my job is Tiring.

BigKicker Wed 18-Sep-13 17:57:57

This week is not going as planned. Been signed off as BP is on the rise and I've started being sick again. sad baby is head down and the pain and pressure is just horrible. Only good thing about being off is that I get to make up for my lack of sleep at night with multiple naps throughout the day.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Wed 18-Sep-13 18:03:19

CornishFirstTimer22 Thu 19-Sep-13 11:27:03

First day of Maternity Leave/ Holiday today! Thank God!! The lovely peeps at work got me a pregnancy massage as a leaving gift so off to have that later. :-)

Big house move this weekend, then I can finally start to get things in place for the baby.

Hope everyone is doing well! Not too long to go now hopefully :-)

mycatlikestwiglets Thu 19-Sep-13 22:32:26

Lucky you Cornish - enjoy your r&r! I finish work on 30th and am also thinking a spa visit is the way to go...!

We've just had the spare room painted so it's starting to feel more like a nursery now. Less than six weeks to EDD here!

RubyWindsor Sun 22-Sep-13 22:42:13

Hi all! I was around at the beginning of the nov 13 threads, having a quick look through the posts I can see a few names I remember!

Can I please come back and join smile

Hi ruby! How are you getting on?

Just shout if you'd like to join the Facebook group grin

RubyWindsor Tue 24-Sep-13 12:46:56

Hi fairy getting on ok thank you... Yourself? I'm currently 34+1!

Yes please re Facebook group, what's the name?

I'm doing grand - just the usual moans lol

I'll get someone to tell you how to join the fb group - I can't remember! Can you pm me your name and what your profile pic looks like so the right person gets added?!

GwenStacy Wed 25-Sep-13 18:09:06

I'm really regretting agreeing to work until 38 weeks, I've still got 3.5 weeks left!

Honestly though, I'm struggling a bit at the moment emotionally. I'm constantly fighting back tears it feels like, and finding out that my iron levels are just under the threshold for the birthing centre has really set me off this week. I'm not anaemic, so I feel fine, it's just that mine are slightly too low so I might end up on the labour ward.

We've moved house as well, and I can feel some of my friends already slipping away now that we're not as close to them. I'm going to NCT classes to try and meet people but I'm so rubbish at making friends, and I'm just feeling lonely. Everything is just so overwhelming at the moment and I'm terrified that I'm going to be a rubbish mum and I just don't feel like I can do this.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Wed 25-Sep-13 19:10:23

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now