Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 - Definitely in the third trimester now!

(1000 Posts)
badguider Mon 01-Jul-13 12:42:48

New thread... will try to find the stats thread and link...

HettySunshine Tue 30-Jul-13 18:02:56

Staying in, not saying in!

Kittenkatzen Tue 30-Jul-13 18:15:35

Good news weebarra hope you're home soon!

jammy I weighed myself a week or so ago and had lost a lb since the last time! Wondered if it might be all the salads and small food portions during the hot weather?

charl you poor thing - have they any idea what might have caused it?

Thanks for the new fred fl0 - can't believe there will be babies on the next one, scary biscuits!!

CharlW1 Tue 30-Jul-13 18:33:15

Kitten they haven't said what's caused it but I am hoping it's something like Hetty has said and is a polyp as opposed to anything else.
Have to say the staff at St Thomas' are lovely! They have to put up with so much though - there is a woman absolutely screaming for morphine and giving so much abuse to the staff - very glad I am not in her room!

What this scare has made me realise is that work really isn't that important!

Just hoping that everything is alright so I can go home tomorrow.

frogchops Tue 30-Jul-13 18:40:45

Hope the hospital goers (there's a growing number! :-/) are doing fine....
Anyone else getting bump comments more often now?
Everyone I see at work says 'ooh isn't that bump low' or 'my life you've dropped so much'
I'm a bit paranoid about what this means, and I can't see it myself....?

Not so much bump size comments, as they don't know me, but I've had lots of "you're brave" from the people on my course. I'm not, I'm foolish. It's going to be 32 degrees in London on Thurs/Fri and I have a 2 1/2 hour exam to round off the course Friday morning which I will be mortally embarrassed not to pass. It's multiple choice but made more complex by frequently needing two choices right to get one point (if either wrong, no points). It's all a memory test or speed of knowing where to refer in the book. I just have to stay on the ball, but I'm not feeling very on the ball! At least the adrenalin from being a bit scared about it will keep baby in, er, probably.

Plus, my team at work are squabbling over something and sending me texts to let me know why they're doing what they're doing. I. Don't. Care. Just. Do. Something. Vaguely. Resembling. What. I. Suggested. Or. Don't. Tell. Me. At. All.

Plus, my PILs are being annoying. Not really my problem as it is DH they are directly annoying, but the offer is that they spend DS's birthday with him, and they're umming and ahhing about what the plan for the day would be - oh I dunno, just play with him? Does there need to be a schedule? Would you actually turn up on time if there was?

Kittenkatzen Tue 30-Jul-13 19:53:57

< hands rake a big bar of chocolate.....backs away slowly >

Been a good day has it rake?! grinwink Leave the ILs to your DH and concentrate on the test, I'm sure you'll do absolutely fine! I'll be suffering the London heat with you if that makes you feel even a teeny bit better!

charl really hope you get some answers soon (and a good night sleep away from screaming woman!)

Kittenkatzen Tue 30-Jul-13 19:55:16

Oh and I've actually stopped getting bump comments recently, which is odd as I feel HUGE! Maybe people are scared I'll belly flop them or something....

frogchops Tue 30-Jul-13 20:38:57

I'm desperate for some advice on lower back/top of bum pain. I can't stand or sit for more than 2 mins. I'm currently lying down but changing position/sides/getting up reeeally hurts. confused

frogchops Tue 30-Jul-13 20:41:27

I've also just had a sheer panic moment cos I can see a line coming up from my bum.... I thought this only appeared with dilation?? blush

Joskar Tue 30-Jul-13 20:51:51

weebarra hope all is well with the bp.

Charl hope the bleeding has stopped and they let you home tomorrow.

fl0b0t carpal tunnel is more likely as you go on. Mine has got much worse throughout. Feels like I've been boxing. I reckon the heat is a factor too.

Today, I sat in the sunshine at the harbour in Lossiemouth and had lunch with my DH following a blissful pregnancy massage. I couldn't remember if scallops were on the banned list but I had them anyway and they were utterly delicious. Happy, happy, happy!

Joskar Tue 30-Jul-13 20:59:55

frog things that might help:
a warm hot water bottle (not hot, warm).
standing up against the wall and doing your pelvic floor exercises.
Take paracetamol.
Get DP to massage your lower back and buttocks
Bend at the waist holding on to the back of a chair
Gently (very gently and very slowly) rotate your hips
Change your posture so you are sitting up very straight or standing with your bump pulled in.
Get a referral to a physio asap

flowers serious sympathy for you

frogchops Tue 30-Jul-13 21:07:39

I just figured my mw would suggest its typical preg symptoms and not think it worthy of a physio referral?

Thanks Kitten. blush

Sorry forgot to say more good lucks/stay pregnant to Charl and weebarra. {{{}}}

Joskar Tue 30-Jul-13 21:48:40

Insist. This could last the rest of your pregnancy. Physio should give you exercises and advice. At the very least they should give you a fembrace or a tubigrip. Ask your MW for tubigrip in the meantime. You wear it around your bum and under your bump so it literally holds you together. Hold-in pants (Spanx etc) are a good substitute. If you are lucky you might even get a physio who knows what they are talking about and will give you massage. You could also phone round the private physios/chiropractors in your area and see if they can help.

Also look at:

www.pelvicpartnership.org.uk/

Good luck!

frogchops Tue 30-Jul-13 21:57:27

I didnt realise pgp could affect he be

frogchops Tue 30-Jul-13 21:59:11

Sorry... I didnt realise it could affect the back of the pelvis, I thought pgp pain was mainly found at the front.... Will mention to mw confusedthanks joskar

EmmaDee Tue 30-Jul-13 22:29:45

Hi all, hope the ladies I'm hospital are doing ok. Sending big hugs to them.

Is anyone else experiencing back pain at the top of theirback, and do u have any aadvice to help it. Its around bra strap level and driving me crazy. Especially in work, stick in a chair staring at a computer screen?

Kittenkatzen Wed 31-Jul-13 07:35:57

emma I get back pain there a lot, mostly at work like you say or when I'm on the train. Haven't found any relief for it yet - I feel like I want to bend forwards and round my back out to stretch it but obviously can't because bump is in the way. Sorry, not very helpful but you're not alone!

jennimoo Wed 31-Jul-13 07:42:55

I'm not suffering with back pain but have read a little cushion or a folded up blanket / cardigan behind your lower back can help some aches and pains as supports the curve of your back. . I found it comfortable on long car journeys.

jennimoo Wed 31-Jul-13 07:44:51

And ION I don't think my toe's broken, at least if it is its not too bad. It's all bruised and quite painful though, and I think I'll avoid driving again today, if I can.

Trying to arrange a play date for DD but everyone's too busy to come round sad

I use a small pilates/yoga ball between my back & the chair which helps stretch my back out & keep my posture correct. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitness-Mad-31-01-2011-Exer-Soft-Ball/dp/B0055DOCAQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1375254171&sr=8-3&keywords=chi+ball

twintrimum Wed 31-Jul-13 08:19:15

Emma can occ health at your work give you something so you have it today? Might be worth giving them a call.

I hope today brings good news for both of you who stayed in overnight.

Peregrin Fri 02-Aug-13 14:52:10

Badguider and TripleRock, no BH sounds a lot better to me than scary strong frequent BH that makes you panic about preterm labour. Just to focus on the upside smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.