Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 (Thread 6) - The Lies and Truth of pregnancy..... Read on!!

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Sun 30-Jun-13 13:59:49

Lie = Your glowing vs Truth = Your sweating, freezing, puking and an emotional basket!

Lie = After the first trimester your ms will disappear vs The truth = It will be there in the second trimester and the third..... and probably after you give birth! Get used to it!

Lie = You don't look even look pregnant vs The truth = whatever, you look pregnant from space!

Lets see what we learn from the second trimester! grin wink

enormouse Mon 01-Jul-13 09:56:29

Argh have had the worst nights sleep ever. angry
There's a Christian rock festival going on in my village (yes, really) and they were rocking out till 2am and up again at 8am. They've been doing this since Friday but I'm really feeling it today. There are loads of teenagers milling about and I wish they'd just go to Glastonbury or reading or the wireless festival like normal kids. Anything, as long as it's far away from me and my hormones.
Feel like traipsing over to the fields in my dressing gown and demented expression and quoting father ted.
"You know, you can praise God with sleep…it's a way of thanking him for a really tiring day"

Disclaimer - I don't hate Christians, I'm just really really tired. sad

enormouse Mon 01-Jul-13 09:59:43

pod can I join you on your holiday, please?
choco are you having a scan?
And hope frizz's scan is going well. mines not till the 17th.

bugsyburge Mon 01-Jul-13 10:02:10

Wowsers, we talk a lot ladies!!!

just managed to catch up as I haven't been on all weekend, I've been too knackered!!!! I have been in bed by 7.30 all weekend.... managed to keep my eyes open til about 8.30 but then I've had to succumb to sleep.... Dh has been very nice to me and has been coming to bed at the same time and watching tv, ah that's love grin

whoever mentioned exercise..... I normally run 6-7 days a week but havent been able to since finding out I'm preg.... partially because I have an irrational fear of shaking the baby loose but also because my boobs are so painful that I can't cope.... I went to the gym and walked uphill for an hour yesterday whilst reading my kindle..I've officially become one of those women who used to drive me crackers!!!!

how's everyone today?

TobyLerone Mon 01-Jul-13 10:07:14

Thank you, book grin
That saves me a phone call to bitchface later!

Good luck, loulou!

choco good luck (today?)
frizz hope scan went well!
enormouse no need to apologise, I would be exactly the same way. I HATE being disturbed at night, it feels unbearable. I will join you in your dressing gown, marching across fields with a mad expression <solidarity in pg face>

Thanks pod it was good to see Mum, particularly as her father died last night, in the night. I don't feel so much as if I left her to deal with it alone. Have to be at work today, so couldn't be with her even if I wanted to, although obviously it's hard not to be with her when she's grieving. I suspect we'll be on holiday when the funeral takes place as well - feeling guilty that I am a bit relieved (I don't want to go and pretend he was a great bloke - he absolutely wasn't) and sad that I won't be with Mum for support.

Just told my colleague at work, as he was hinting he'd guessed - he's very very excited, which is sweet.

MrsGSR Mon 01-Jul-13 11:19:00

Good luck choco, and I hope frizz has had a good scan smile

toby I hope your scan gets sorted soon, and that your and pod and enormouse have a better nights sleep tonight!

humpty that sounds like a really tough situation! I don't know what to say but I'm still thinking of you!

I've been feeling really nauseated this weekend, which is annoying as it seemed to be fading during the week!
I told my mums best friend last week, was a bit hard as we both know how much mum would have loved to be here, but she's very excited and has bought herself a loaf of knitting patterns and bought me a book called 'the expectant knitter' which has loads of patterns and tips in.

curlywurlyllass Mon 01-Jul-13 11:20:07

checking in-uti still not sorted so sitting down gently and hoping my results show something

good luck frizz, choco and book, hope all goes well

Tarka good to hear you are out of hospital, hope everything settles and there are no more worries

Hi to all, hope things are going well

flowersfortea Mon 01-Jul-13 11:25:47

Checking in and just trying to catch up with you all, goodness we can talk!

MW appointment tomorrow then hopefully a scan will soon be arranged. Am 12 weeks now so don't want to wait much longer!

Making double size food this morning to take a meal around to my friend who has recently had her baby boy. Smells gorgeous (chicken stew) but trying not to sniff it too much as for some reason making me really nauseous again....

Good luck to all with scans this week

Vatta Mon 01-Jul-13 12:32:02

Had clear red bleeding and a small clot about 30 mins ago, just sitting in EPU with my DH waiting to be seen.

I've had little bits of spotting for a couple of weeks but thus feels different, bleeding more like the start of a period.

Fingers crossed for me please.

Frizz1986 Mon 01-Jul-13 12:32:49

Just a quick msg (is manic at work) Scan was fab. Bubs is good. Date moved again back to 10th Jan so they put me as 12+3. Catch up later x

bebsy75 Mon 01-Jul-13 12:37:08

I haven't been a very active poster but this is me signing off. Went for my 12 week scan to find out the baby had died at about 9 weeks. So sad. That's it for me now. I'm hanging up my boots.

Good luck to the rest of you x

MrsRApilot Mon 01-Jul-13 12:47:44

So sorry to hear that bebsy. Thoughts are with you atm x

Vatta really hope it turns out ok and baby is fine. Keep us posted x

Vatta Mon 01-Jul-13 12:52:17

Thank you MrsRA, will do. Just waiting. Can feel I'm still bleeding.

MrsAVB Mon 01-Jul-13 12:52:19

Ohhh... bebsy so sorry. Lots of love to you and your DH xxx
vatta, keeping everything crossed for you... Lots of love xxx
humpty hope you're doing ok- it's hard to reconcile feelings in that type of situation, but am thinking of you and hoping things aren't too hard xxx

MrsG thank you! I don't know what to do/say either...

Vatta fingers crossed for you, you poor love. Do keep us posted.

bebsy I am so sorry to hear this. How horrible for you, you poor thing. I so hope you can look after yourself and be back here soon. Thinking of you.

Frizz we are EDD buddies! For now at least (my scan is tomorrow). Yay!

MrsAVB thanks lovely. You lot help lots, just by being here. x

LittlePeaPod Mon 01-Jul-13 13:10:20

Bebsy I am so sorry for your lose. I hope you are as well as can be at this really difficult time. flowers

Vatta good luck an will keep everything crossed all is ok. My thoughts are with you both. flowers

Madratlady Mon 01-Jul-13 13:22:08

Bebsy so sorry to hear that

Vatta Good luck, I hope it's nothing to worry about in the end.

I'm having terrible sleep at the moment, having bizzarre dreams and worrying unnecessarily (got up at 2am to transfer money across for a bill that doesn't come out of the account till tomorrow). I hope I'll be more sane when I get the confirmation letter and hopefully a start date for my new job. Being unemployed is stressful!

I'm also having a little panic because I feel totally unprepared, all the massive array and variety of baby stuff for sale everywhere is very confusing. And I don't understand maternity wear, do you need your usual clothing size or what? I'm not very keen on being a grown up all of a sudden <wibble>

I blame the hormones!

Frizz1986 Mon 01-Jul-13 13:24:28

Feeling v bad by just posting and running then actually reading that some people are having a bad time.

So sorry bebsy I hope you are as well as you can be through this difficult time.

vatta got my fx for you.

Hope everyone else is having an ok day and scans are going ok.
Back to manic work!

enormouse Mon 01-Jul-13 13:42:41

vatta fx crossed for you and your dh x.
bebsy so sorry. flowers my thoughts are with you and your partner.
frizz glad to hear your scan went well
madrat I went a bit loopy when I saw the mothercare sale. My DP calmed me down , dragged me off for a hot drink and reminded me that we were going to wait before buying anything. I think maternity wear wise it's your usual size (or whatever fits best)

curlywurlyllass Mon 01-Jul-13 13:52:00

Oh bebsey so sad to hear that sad im para thats the news im going to get next week x hugs n hope you can get over this

Vatta hope theres a reason for your bleeding and it settles

Frizz congrats

Humpty good luck for tomorrow

extracrunchy Mon 01-Jul-13 13:58:34

Bubsy I'm so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and hoping you can heal quickly.

Vatta fingers firmly crossed it's just another freaky bleed. Hope you get answers soon.

Congrats to those with happy scans today smile

Madrat re maternity wear, you're supposed to buy in your original size to begin with as they take growth into account, but all the brands vary to such a ridiculous degree with fit etc it's definitely worth trying on!

TobyLerone Mon 01-Jul-13 14:26:07

bebsy, I'm sorry to hear that sad Look after yourself flowers

Vatta, I have everything crossed for you.

Frizz, great news!

farmersdaughter Mon 01-Jul-13 14:58:02

Bebs I am so sorry to here you sad news. Sending lots of love to you. X

Vatta Mon 01-Jul-13 15:03:45

Hospital has confirmed a miscarriage. Don't know what else to say.

LittlePeaPod Mon 01-Jul-13 15:09:03

Vatta that's awful. I am so sorry for your lose. I know how painful mc is and my houghts are with you and your DH. I hope you are doing as wel as can be. sad flowers

This thread is not accepting new messages.