Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 (Thread 6) - The Lies and Truth of pregnancy..... Read on!!

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Sun 30-Jun-13 13:59:49

Lie = Your glowing vs Truth = Your sweating, freezing, puking and an emotional basket!

Lie = After the first trimester your ms will disappear vs The truth = It will be there in the second trimester and the third..... and probably after you give birth! Get used to it!

Lie = You don't look even look pregnant vs The truth = whatever, you look pregnant from space!

Lets see what we learn from the second trimester! grin wink

Naturegirl82 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:08:17

Good luck everyone with scans and apps tomorrow. I've one week left till my next scan smile .

So finally sat down after a busy day. Really tried not to nap today so I'll sleep well tonight, so kept myself busy baking three batches of cupcakes. Pretty chuffed with how they have turned out. Now can I resist the temptation not to eat more tonight? confused

Frizz1986 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:08:59

Ooo chocco good luck to you too. It should look mega baby like at 13 weeks shouldnt it.
Am getting very excited through the nerves now. Really wish dh could be there to see it.

Frizz1986 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:10:44

Omg the Buble is on itv!! He is just too lovely (sorry had to share)

Naturegirl82 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:17:49

Ha Frizz I'm watching that too, only because I am being too lazy to get up and get the controller to change the channel!

chocoloulou33 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:18:15

What times your scan frizz how come your dh can't be there? Do u have anyone else going with u? Mines at 12.30 & got my blood tests after which I'm terrified about too & I fainted last time & took ages to come back round x

I finally caught up with the last Game of Thrones, thought it was a bit of a let down.

DS hasn't been going to sleep until after 9 every night, tonight I wasn't having any of it. So he ate, had a bath, and then I bored him to sleep by sitting on the floor of his room, ignoring his complaints (he was kicking off) and read outloud. After 15 mins he gave up and went to sleep. I'm counting that as a win, and i'm feeling all smug

Frizz1986 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:27:57

Its at 8:30am thank god so wont be thinking about it all day. I am having bloods taken too but needles and bloods dont bother me at all.
Dh has an interview at a school and as he loses his current job in about 3 weeks he coudnt really turn it down and not go.
His mum is coming with me instead as my family all live 200 miles away and my best friend is about 100 miles away and no one else knows.

Frizz1986 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:29:09

chocco forgot to say that u might be better with the bloods this time. You might be on such a high that its easier to cope.

TobyLerone Sun 30-Jun-13 21:29:33

Here!

chocoloulou33 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:58:46

Ah yes frizz I remember u saying now. Hope it goes well for both of you! Nice & early for u that's good. I got to wait til 12.30 & got the joyful job of delivering all my avon 2moro. Why do I do this again?! Suppose it will keep me busy though til its time to go x

lovelilies Sun 30-Jun-13 22:00:40

STOP TALKING SO MUCH!! angry
I cant keep up sad
1 week tomorrow til scan woo hoo (although I'm sometimes convinced I've imagined it despite a heartbeat on USS at 6 weeks....)
Having horrid dreams ATM, dreamed the dog had been chewed up in a tree 'chipper' machine last night I cried sad
Hope everyone is well x

extracrunchy Mon 01-Jul-13 00:29:58

Checking in!
DH is snoring and I can't sleep. Grr.

LittlePeaPod Mon 01-Jul-13 04:08:00

comes out of hiding following breaking her No New Threads curfew before 950 comments

Tarka so glad you are out of hospital and all sounds really positive.

Chocco & Frizz good luck for the scans how exciting. My last scan dated me at 13 weeks and chickpea looked like a baby. LNG legs and arms, coud see nose, mouth an just amazing...

Humpty hope your mums ok and glad you feel better or seeing her.

It's 5:03am and I can't remember anythinelse I read... Sorry hmm

Do you ladies realise we managed to fill the last thread up with a 1000 comments in 1+6. At this rate we will have done about 19 thread by the time Chickpea arrives in 185 days!

TobyLerone Mon 01-Jul-13 04:15:54

How come you're awake too, Pod?

LittlePeaPod Mon 01-Jul-13 04:23:16

I woke up to throw up... Then couldn't get back to sleep because sleeping next to DF sounds trying to sleep in Grand Central Station at peak time with the amount of snoring going on. Considering elbowing him in the ribs or many js pushing him out of bed ! grin

Why are you up so early Toby ?

TobyLerone Mon 01-Jul-13 05:13:52

Hayfever woke me up sad

Better that than throwing up, though! How's your holiday? How's the weather?

LittlePeaPod Mon 01-Jul-13 05:21:10

Hey Fever.. Ohh what a nightmare!

tough wood we have been luck and whether is really good. Having been so ill it's really helpin just resting all day. Although still throwing up, I have actually managed to eat more in the last few days Han I morally do at home. That's really helped.

With he exception of the pants hey fever, how are you and the baby doing?

TobyLerone Mon 01-Jul-13 08:16:38

I think we're ok, thanks for asking smile I'll feel better once the scan is finally dealt with. Feels like limbo at the moment!

The resting must be doing you loads of good. I think you lot might have persuaded me that a holiday is a good idea grin

Sultanajo Mon 01-Jul-13 08:23:04

Good luck today choco & frizz!

humpty I too got diverted because of stupid silverstone yesterday! OMG the sneezing! I am with u totally with the pulling feeling each time I sneeze or blow my nose. Dont know how I am gonna lead training for four hours today when am sneezing every two seconds! shock

Sultanajo Mon 01-Jul-13 08:25:04

toby where are u at with scangate? angry

TobyLerone Mon 01-Jul-13 08:25:42

Yy good luck for the scans today. Frizz will be in there already!

TobyLerone Mon 01-Jul-13 08:28:40

Just waiting now for bitchface at the hospital to come back to me. Today or tomorrow at the latest, apparently. They'll then be able to tell me if they have any appts this week.

If not, my choices are to have triple blood test instead, or try to get last-minute private NT scan. At £200. I am so cross with myself!

MrsAVB Mon 01-Jul-13 08:44:18

Geez... You ladies have been talking aplenty this weekend! I've had a tres busy one with parties etc... But have hopefully done my last fake drinking event as close family all know now. Oof... I think the hangover from drinking sugary fizzy drinks is almost as bad as the alcohol one! Bean definitely does not enjoy. And the vomming continues...
A going to have to do a clothes shop this week... I don't think mat clothes yet but all my clothes are quite fitted and the stuffed sausage look is not really one I'm in to. Does anyone know of any good brands for tall people with narrow shoulders? Everything is always too big on the shoulders/ arm holes and think this is only going to be more challenging as the rest of me expands... Oh... And I would really recommend the m&s 2 for £12.50 soft cup non-wired bras, they are super comfortable (if not very glamorous).
Have a good day everyone... Especially choco and frizz with your scans and toby fighting bitchface!
X

BookTart Mon 01-Jul-13 09:29:59

toby I don't know if this makes a difference, but I'm at WHH now and the computer system is STILL down. Bookings still being done manually. On the plus side, I'll be waiting for this blood test for hours, so if she's a biatch in the meantime I'm on site and ready to give her a piece of my mind smile

chocoloulou33 Mon 01-Jul-13 09:43:03

Eek I'm a nervous wreck & still got a few hours to go. My stomach is in knots :/ x

This thread is not accepting new messages.