Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 - Who is the least prepared?

(1000 Posts)
GTbaby Sun 30-Jun-13 11:09:09

just made it in time for last post on old thread... i hope

Flyer747 Sun 30-Jun-13 19:52:39

It's like the nausea you experience in the first 12 weeks, yuk! I have my slave here (DP) and milking my illness fully :-)

Shirehobbit Sun 30-Jun-13 20:04:56

Hope you feel better soon flyer.

Tonight's random pregnancy joy? I have a really, really sore belly button confused I guess it's getting ready to pop out? sad

Natalieand Sun 30-Jun-13 20:23:25

Dd was bottle fed and I mainly used Muslins till she was weaning, I'm not keen on the look of the cowboy style bibs at all!

So ever since. I started feeling baby movements I have felt them every single day and I have to say I can't say I've felt baby move at all today, so just about to have a cold glass of lemonade sugar coated strawberries and a chocolate bar in a bid to provoke some movements!!

You could just be cruel and do what I do and give baby a poke.

Natalieand Sun 30-Jun-13 20:36:28

I saw someone on a local Facebook selling site selling a so sonoline b Doppler yesterday now I'm desperately trying to find it to go and buy it as I could really do without going too the hospital to check for a heart beat

I read (on here?) that you commonly stop feeling baby as much around this time.
I hope your naughty little bean reassures you soon though Natalie.

MrsO27 Sun 30-Jun-13 20:39:06

Thanks also on the bib advice! Will stock up on muslins for now. Can I throw another item up for discussion, baby monitors... Do you need one straight away if they're sleeping in your room? Thought it might be handy when in the shower etc. And if they are needed, which features are essential? Seen ones with video, movement sensors etc. But is that necessary?

Natalieand Sun 30-Jun-13 20:41:16

He's usually most active in the evening so I hope he starts moving any minute now.

We had a video monitor for dd and I found it invaluable when I first started putting her too bed at a bedtime and not in our room as it meant I could watch her and could even see her chest rising and falling on it etc. deffo recommend a video one xx

I'm thinking about getting a sensor pad for Eliana's cot. I've heard that they can go off pretty randomly and be a bit annoying but I don't know if we can afford not to have one when she has a lung/heart condition.

Hope you feel some movement soon Natalie

cazboldy Sun 30-Jun-13 21:02:33

we borrowed one of those sensor pad things off a friend MoN as a friend of mine lost her LO to sids when i was pg with number 3 sad and made me very paranoid. It was completely unexplained sad

scared the life out of us numerous times once he got big enough to wriggle off it, but very reassuring at the start.

cazboldy Sun 30-Jun-13 21:03:14

Natalie hope you feel him move soon. I poke ours too MoN grin

PseudoBadger Sun 30-Jun-13 21:07:39

We have a sensor pad as DS would only sleep in his front, we only had about one false alarm. Amazing thing.

roxvox Sun 30-Jun-13 21:16:36

I've bought the Angelcare AC401 movement & sound monitor. I read some good reviews about it, and preferred the idea of it over a video one (not sure why). I bought it brand new and boxed off of a really lovely lady on eBay (we started messaging each other afterwards about babies) for £52 inc postage, which I thought was a bargain too.

Any movements yet natalieand? I didn't feel any movements this morning when I usually do, but baby has been wriggling around again this evening.

Flyer747 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:20:11

Nat a few days ago I hardly felt any movements was really quiet for a day. I hope you feel something soon as I know how worrying it can be.

JellyCurls Sun 30-Jun-13 21:24:35

We have a digital monitor with no movement or apnea monitor but its clear enough to hear dc snoring and breathing. Dd has bad sleep apnea so her apnea mat in special care was going off constantly, we were never told to get one so we didn't had enough to worry about back then if I was buying a new one I would prob pay extra for a movement mat.

JellyCurls Sun 30-Jun-13 21:25:10

Hope baby starts kicking soon natalie

Natalieand Sun 30-Jun-13 21:34:34

Still no movements and the lady who had the Doppler for sale has already sold it. Not really in a position to be going over to the hospital now I've had strawberries and sugar and chocolate bar a Capri sun and a glass of lemonade I feel fit to burst lol. If I haven't felt anything by the morning I will call midwife and see if she can see me in a clinic or come go my
House to hear a heart beat if not ill have to go to day assessment unit and wait for hours.
I forgot how stressful this was not feeling
Movements.
I remember with dd I ended up in day assessment about 3x in one week but even the ctg monitor wasn't picking up movements but could detect a heart beat so they done a scan and she was fast asleep no matter how much they poked and prodded her lol

Thanks for the support ladies, what else can I eat tools
Him budge?

Natalieand Sun 30-Jun-13 21:35:43

i eat to make him budge damn auto correct

PseudoBadger Sun 30-Jun-13 21:37:30

Honestly Nat I would just call maternity triage rather than possibly wait too long. Hope that doesn't sound harsh xx

claphammama Sun 30-Jun-13 21:37:39

both my DS and this one react strongly to anything very sharp, with vinegar, lime etc... if you want to try it on yours?

PseudoBadger Sun 30-Jun-13 21:38:29

The Angelcare is the one I have roxvox.

JellyCurls Sun 30-Jun-13 21:39:14

What about going for a hot bath? That's how I got dd and ds to move food and drink never worked for me

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 30-Jun-13 21:39:36

Thanks ladies - good to get some other people's views. The trip is definitely going ahead (flights etc all booked) and tbh I never really have any power of veto over DP's expeditions. It's just reassuring to know I'm not unreasonable to feel a bit miffed about it. DP just can't understand or chooses not to understand why I'm disgruntled.

I'll probably head to my parents whilst he's away, but not overly keen on trekking miles up North on the train with DD at that stage in my pregnancy either. Think I'll miss my own bed!

It's all my own fault for pairing up with someone that lives for their hobby. His passion was very attractive when we first met but isn't very compatible with family life.

Flyer sorry to hear you're feeling sick. My 'morning' sickness (except I get it in the evening) has returned over the last fortnight. I think this time it is more heartburn/squished innards related, rather than hormonal like the first 16 weeks.

MoN very impressed you are sorting out uniforms for next term already. I need to take a leaf out of your book. I'm always frantically sewing on name tapes the night before.

Natalie - hope the cold drink and sugar has done the trick and you are feeling movements again x

Bridget I can't see myself ever sewing name tags in. Biro or iron on labels perhaps.

This thread is not accepting new messages.