Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2014 take 2

(1000 Posts)
bugsyburge Thu 27-Jun-13 21:49:26

well new thread already ladies.... lets go grin

laura0007 Wed 17-Jul-13 16:46:51

Seeing as rhesus neg is meant to be the rarer blood type there are a few of us on this thread! I'm O- so I'm awkward grin

tinypolkadot Wed 17-Jul-13 16:44:49

I'm rhesus negative too! Dh doens't know what he is, but midwife said they give the injection anyway just to be sure.

I wasn't asked if dh was definitely the father - might have had something to do with MIL being there though! grin

laura0007 Wed 17-Jul-13 15:59:03

I'm rhesus negative too! And I hate needles!

Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 15:57:07

Blimey Lyndsey that's insulting!

Thanks EeyoreIsh' I'm going to do some reading! It's quite a surprise to me actually! grin

lyndsey90 Wed 17-Jul-13 15:53:13

At my booking they asked me of my OH was definitely the father!! I just laughed at her!

EeyoreIsh Wed 17-Jul-13 15:17:59

Oh I don't know where the injection site is! I think we don't need it until 28 weeks unless we bleed before.

Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 14:22:20

Yeah they don't test here either, I was quite disappointed that he wasn't able to share in the pain grin. He's going to see if his parents know, he thinks they may.... grin

Do you know if the injection is in the arm, I read the thigh and was immediately feeling quite squeamish!!!!!!! smile

EeyoreIsh Wed 17-Jul-13 14:07:38

champagne there are only a couple of injections. In my area, they don't test DH's blood as he might not be the dad! It's a bit insulting, but I can see why they err on the side of caution.

cantrillium Wed 17-Jul-13 13:44:34

Hi. Just wanted to put my head round the door and to reassure Amicus. I'm the same I do not have any preg symptoms and never have had, this will hopefully be my third. Due to previous miscarriages I've had two scans already so know there is a little jellybaby there. So don't worry, we are just the lucky ones that don't feel sick all the time.

This time due to my history and lack of symptoms my mw even said she would keep my green notes until after the scan as she was "really not even sore boobs"! All is fab at mo so try not to worry.

9 + 3

Champagnebubble Wed 17-Jul-13 13:35:19

Got a call back about my blood tests today confused I found out I have an Rh negative blood type, so hoping DH is also negative confused More injections for me, aaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!

jazzcat28 Wed 17-Jul-13 12:07:39

Re weight gain I've put on about 10lbs so far and am only 8+4! Little peeved as had done WW before ttc and managed to lose over 2st in 5 months so a bit disappointed it's all coming back on so fast. Am trying to tell myself that it's all in my bigger boobs but that's optimistic I think!

Still no real symptoms other than sore boobs, tiredness and now peeing in the middle of the night, every night. Trying to be optimistic. But equally not sure about whether to tell family at the weekend or not. I'd rather tell my mum and dad face to face but after this weekend probably wont see them until end of august. But is it too early?

EeyoreIsh Wed 17-Jul-13 10:35:24

thingy according to my app weight gain is a sign on a growing baby, and 6lbs is a normal gain for the first trimester.

I'm feeling so much better today after going straight to bed after work. I was like a sick zombie yesterday! I'm just a bit annoyed because I'm on reduced hours but my boss still expects me to do everything I did before regardless of the time. I might have to have words, but it pisses me off as I shouldn't have to!

On a more positive note, I'm now 11+1! Very pleased to have got this far and really hoping everything is ok at next week's scan.

really pleased to hear that some of us are having positive scans already!

laura0007 Wed 17-Jul-13 10:30:08

Tiny! That was so cute!! It's amazing how much they change in their first year. Amazing

LovesToBake Wed 17-Jul-13 10:04:18

Amicus that booking in appointment does sound short at 20mins - mine took an hour as there was masses of paperwork to fill in, questionnaires about health, some questions about my previous pregnancy, urine sample, blood tests and blood pressure. Maybe you've just got a super efficient midwife!

For all those sickness sufferers, my current saving grace when I get to work is a Pret almond croissant. I appreciate not a low calorie option, but by the time I've tackled my long commute I feel seriously rough and faint and I find that wolfing down one of those brings me back from the brink!

8+6 today - roll on turning 9 weeks tomorrow

tinypolkadot Wed 17-Jul-13 09:45:53

Have a watch of this, I'm seriously struggling to hold back the sobs! (at work)

Love the idea, might have to try it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZtgzTr8iopk#at=397

Thingymajigs Wed 17-Jul-13 09:40:36

Same here sunflowered. I stood on the scales and I've put on 4-5 lbs. That's a lot on my 5'2 frame. This can be blamed on the nausea I had when I was hungry which led me to eat throughout the day and on the takeaways we had whilst the kitchen has been refitted. blush My skinny 8 jeans don't get over my thighs anymore. But my size 10's do. So I've decided to carefully watch what I eat from now on. I'm out to buy salads and low calorie ice lollies. Although I do have two restaurant meals to go to this week which won't help matters.
10+5

sunflowered Wed 17-Jul-13 07:56:02

9+0 here - any illusion that my growing tummy was baby related was shattered when I got on the scales at my midwife appt this week. I'm only 5'3 so if weight gain continues at this rate I'll be as wide as I am tall in 30 weeks time sad

Shropshiremummy2b Wed 17-Jul-13 07:27:26

11+3 too x

Shropshiremummy2b Wed 17-Jul-13 07:27:00

Ditto Amicus, however I was far from flat stomached before which means that even though I can tell its bigger, no one else has. I'm totally dreading my scan next Tuesday, it's all I can think of. I keep thinking I should take just one more test but then see that missed miscarriages will still give me appositive test. I think I need to stop google torturing myself because DH is getting so wound up.

Anyone know what happened to eldenor (?)? I hope her other twin was ok..... X

laura0007 Wed 17-Jul-13 07:08:44

Littlest I'm the same. Had a flat stomach before and now can't get my jeans done up! Def baby and not bloat now as it appears to be more on my knicker line than a pot belly.
Amicus I've had no symptoms since around 8 weeks and my scan last week showed my little baby waving on the screen with a strong heartbeat.

11+3 today

vix206 Wed 17-Jul-13 06:57:29

Amicus, aside from being hungrier than usual I've had no symptoms really since 9 weeks. Just like DS. 12 week scan showed a lovely healthy baby. Don't fret grin

13 weeks today (according to scan!)

littlestgirlguide Tue 16-Jul-13 22:56:28

Size 12*

littlestgirlguide Tue 16-Jul-13 22:55:54

It's a week on Friday, the 26th - I can't wait! I've got a right belly on me, I want to have something to show for having no clothes that fit! I'm so fed up of people saying its just bloating. Yes, I know - but a month ago I had a flat size 11 tummy and now it's not so its a baby, ok!!!

amicusapple Tue 16-Jul-13 22:48:11

Thanks for the reassurance littlest smile

It is so strange how pregnancy effects are so vast and varied???

Do you have your scan date?(sorry if I've missed it?)

littlestgirlguide Tue 16-Jul-13 22:43:13

Now 10+5 by the way!

This thread is not accepting new messages.