Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 take 2

(1000 Posts)
bugsyburge Thu 27-Jun-13 21:49:26

well new thread already ladies.... lets go grin

tiegysmum Fri 28-Jun-13 20:17:42

Champagne you should probably go soon, it's such a horrible thing, but it's important your both getting everything you need you sound as though your probably dehydrating or heading that way! I knew I had to go yest cos I literally couldn't move without being sick and my tummy was hurting, from all the wretching, the constant nausea is worse than the actual sickness for me! Try the bands but get yourself checked out & keep your chin up x

misskatamari Sat 29-Jun-13 11:00:50

Champagne I would definitely speak to the doctor. I'm feeling similar to you but luckily haven't been actually sick quite as often (I've been wearing the sea bands - don't know if they help or not but I'm not taken em off just incase).

I had a telephone app with my doc the other day and she was so supportive and told me to stay at home and rest as I shouldn't be working if I feel this bad.

I know it's hard to be off work, I always feel guilty and like I'm letting people down, but if you're ill, you're ill! Okay it's caused by pregnancy but that's all the more reason to take some time to rest if that is what your body is telling you do to.

I've also started acupuncture to see if that helps as a lot of people say it can really help in pregnancy. I usually have it to help with other things and swear by it, so am hoping it can help me feel better. It might be worth giving it a go if there is a practitioner in your area.

I really hope you start feeling better soon. It's horrible feeling this bad. We just need to try and stay positive and remember it means there are lots of hormones whizzing around looking after baby. Hopefully by 12 weeks well all be blooming!

Good luck and definitely see your GP to see how they can help xxx

jazzcat28 Sat 29-Jun-13 12:24:45

Champagne hope you're feeling better soon, I second all those who've suggested seeing your GP.

Anyone NOT feeling sick at all yet? I'm utterly exhausted (slept for 11hrs last night) but no morning sickness. I'm 6wks today so maybe it's yet to come?

Just wondering if all those hormones are really swimming around in my body or not..

Somanychanges Sat 29-Jun-13 13:00:54

Jazz I am 5:6 today, I've been feeling sick all day so far today but not been sick. Came very close though whilst brushing teeth. Every smell makes me want to be sick. I feel like pegging my nose. With my first pregnancy I was sick before I even tested. With my second came on about 6 and a half weeks. But I had HG with both. I know quite a few people that have had no sickness at all and had healthy babies.

Champagne, if its still really bad and you haven't been able to drink, you may need to go to A&E and be admitted for some fluids and some anti sickness meds.

I received my booking appointment today. It's on the 17 July and from there they will book the scan.

barebranches Sat 29-Jun-13 13:26:34

ahhh tellingmy parents today!! dunno why im nervous!! how did u guys do it...i need a plan!grin

sunflowered Sat 29-Jun-13 14:17:55

jazz I'm 6+3 and have been feeling a bit queasy after a big meal or when really hungry, but nothing significant - you're not alone. I've been told it can strike at any time and only affects 3/4 women - I'm considering myself lucky while this lasts (but I get your worry about the lack of hormones... woke up early this morning and spent about an hour googling it...)

champagne are you feeling any better today? I second everyone who says you should get yourself checked out. It sounds like you've been trying to keep pushing through it for ages now flowers

Champagnebubble Sat 29-Jun-13 14:48:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Champagnebubble Sat 29-Jun-13 14:51:22

Shropshiremummy2b Sat 29-Jun-13 15:09:44

jazz I haven't felt even slightly queasy and I'm 9 weeks tommorow. I don't envy those who are sick but at least they know its all happening in there! I'm just suffering from tiredness and sore boobs. Lucky us?!??

barebranches I asked my mum to look at her calendar and see what day of the week the 3rd feb was, she said Monday, I said oh good so you won't be working, she said why, I said because il be having a baby! My daddy found it hilarious for some reason!

Champagnebubble Sat 29-Jun-13 15:30:20

jazzcat28 Sat 29-Jun-13 15:59:07

Thanks all for the reassurance. Shropshire I have tiredness and boobs are exceedingly sore! Perhaps I'm one of those 'lucky' ones. Won't stop me fretting though.

I'm dreading telling my parents - I just have this horrible feeling they will think I'm letting them down - even though DH & I are 28, married, in good jobs, own house etc! Maybe it's just the inner 17yr old in me..

Anyone into their pg apps, I downloaded a free one called Pregnancy + (pink logo, by Health & Parenting Ltd). It's great - has good pics of development, daily info, even a timeline showing when things should happen... scans, tests, kicks, decorating nursery, etc.

Thingymajigs Sat 29-Jun-13 16:44:11

Hi, don't mind me, just marking my place.

Champagnebubble Sat 29-Jun-13 17:01:33

Bearfrills Sat 29-Jun-13 18:20:24

Good luck Jazz smile

I remember when I told them about DS, they were over the moon. Then I didn't get chance to tell them about DD as my brother (then aged 10) overheard DH and I chatting about it and ran into the kitchen shouting "that DH has gone and knocked our Bearfrills up again!"

This time round I'm 32 and when I told my mum she asked "oh, have you told your dad?" grin

Feeling very sickly today. I say I'm having a boy as it's a sort of hollow feeling hungry-sick which is what I had with DS whereas DD was a definite queasy kind of sickness.

LovesToBake Sat 29-Jun-13 18:26:30

Just marking my place and sending sympathy vibes to all the sickness sufferers on the thread. I'm 6 weeks today and have been feeling nauseous all week and the only way I can find to keep on top of it is to constantly keep eating carbs. I suffered badly with sickness all the way through my pregnancy with DC1 and am desperately hoping this one will be different. Haven't actually been sick yet although have had a bad upset stomach every morning this week which I remember from last time.

Am also knackered and quickly realising the resting will be a lot harder this time round with a hectic 1 year old to keep me busy (and one who likes to start his day around 5am)...

Champagnebubble Sat 29-Jun-13 18:26:45

barebranches Sat 29-Jun-13 18:29:02

oh god... still not told them. why is this so hard. im married.. 29.. own house... good job. They were young students when they had me!!!! help!!

LovesToBake Sat 29-Jun-13 18:36:45

barebranches I know what you mean - told my Mum yesterday and in the build up I almost clammed up - just didn't know how to approach it and I'm married, decent house, decent jobs and this is DC2!

Thingymajigs Sat 29-Jun-13 18:40:49

Isn't it strange how we are all like this. I suppose its due to us being told to be careful all of our lives so when its ok to become pregnant we are still scared.
I first fell pregnant when I was 18 and again at 21 so my mum was obviously quite disappointed. When I went to tell her about this pregnancy, at 31, I was still just as scared but she was delighted for us.
Just deliver the news in a happy, excited way and I bet they'll respond in the same way. smile
I'm surprised that there is a quote on the NHS site which says those with morning sickness are more likely to have girls. Surely thats just an old wives tale. Naturally I took this as fact and am now focusing on boys names. I do have mild nausea which I never had with ds1&2 but not proper sickness. My symptoms are mostly boob related. They feel so heavy and uncomfortable.

Champagnebubble Sat 29-Jun-13 19:09:25

Champagnebubble Sat 29-Jun-13 19:11:45

Bearfrills Sat 29-Jun-13 19:25:44

I was definitely sicker with DD than with DS. With DS I just felt sick as I described but with DD it was a different sort of sickness and I was actually vomiting which never happened with DS.

Other reasons I think it's a boy are sore boobs and being bone-achingly tired, plus I can't eat, smell or look at meat without feeling nauseous. All symptoms I had with DS. With DD I didn't have sore boobs, I wasn't tired at all and I craved meat, even raw meat had me salivating <attractive>

Of course it's all speculation but it's fun speculation grin

I think DH has turned into one of those feeders as he's constantly bringing me sandwiches, bananas, milk, chewy sweets, etc. He says he's helping me fight off the nausea ...

Thingymajigs Sat 29-Jun-13 19:32:09

I think if it was true there would be less people struggling with morning sickness. Apparently 3/4 have nausea but surely that would be 2/4.
On saying that, I think the 3/4 stat is too high. It'll be fun to check back on this when we all get the gender results.

Champagnebubble Sat 29-Jun-13 19:35:55

Bearfrills Sat 29-Jun-13 19:36:36

As you say, it can only be one or the other smile I have one of each and the people who do know keep asking if I've got a preference. My reply is "yes, a singleton!" grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.