Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 take 2

(1000 Posts)
bugsyburge Thu 27-Jun-13 21:49:26

well new thread already ladies.... lets go grin

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 11:34:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SherbertDip Fri 28-Jun-13 11:41:58

Hi ladies

Just received my booking appointment through the post 1st Aug (seems miles away) will be 10 weeks then, how long after your booking apt was your scan ? I go away 2 weeks after the booking apt ?

I have called the number and they think it shouldn't be a problem to get me in before I go away - fingers crossed

Namechangingnorma Fri 28-Jun-13 11:53:29

I have started bleeding quite a bit again, more than the other day, not sure much point in going back to epu right now. my boobs have gone really sore and I am not cramping yet. Dont know what to think

Halfling Fri 28-Jun-13 11:56:45

champagne, have you tried the sickness bands. They helped a little bit in my last pregnancy when I had HG.

Sprite21 Fri 28-Jun-13 11:59:45

Oh halfling that's awful, what a sad week for your family. I'm sure they will still be pleased about your news though and actually it will probably be a welcome bit of good news. Babies have amazing ways of healing families.
We have a cat who used to be my 'baby' pre-baby and I have to say that when DD arrived the cat became just a pita really. When you're sleep deprived and stressed the last thing you want is a cat scratching at the door wanting its food first thing.
DD ,however, loves the cat and is always trying to chase her around and wondering why she doesn't like her back.

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 12:02:48

Halfling Fri 28-Jun-13 13:11:22

Champagne I bought mine from one of the airport shops - the one which is supposed to help motion sickness.

But should be available at Boots as well. I can see a lot of them online..

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 13:24:47

tinypolkadot Fri 28-Jun-13 13:25:10

namechanging try not to worry, are u about 8 weeks? Could be breakthrough bleeding?

Ooh good reminder about the bands, might have to try them. I'm off lots of food too, can only manage carbs and fruit mostly. I read a tip about green apples somewhere and have to say, they taste pretty good!

I've booked a day slobbing in my jim jams with dvds tomorrow, can't wait!

Sassy20 Fri 28-Jun-13 13:45:56

Namechanging - try not to worry as I had bleeding a lot early in my first pregnancy and now have a healthy and happy two year old. Can just happen.

Is anyone else suffering from a bit of an upset stomach?

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 13:54:22

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 13:54:47

AhoyMcCoy Fri 28-Jun-13 15:21:20

I cried today when I couldn't find my jeans... I'm just a pathetic mess of tears and vomit and the moment!!

Namechangingnorma Fri 28-Jun-13 16:39:46

Champagne - I go tearful at that Argos advert too! Can totally relate to the constant crying, I am not usually a crier either but after watching that Paul O'Grady show about dogs I was hysterical! I am going down to the EPU tomorrow, my local one is drop in and 24 hrs a day so just going to see how things are overnight. Feels so horrible when we saw the little heartbeat only on wed, am so scared it will have gone.

Ruggle Fri 28-Jun-13 17:10:48

Hi all
Not sure this is the right thread to ask this, but I have been booked in at UCLH. My first midwife appointment won't be until I'm 10 weeks and 2 days...SOunds quite late to me. Scan will be a week and a half later.
The nurse at my GP surgery said I should expect to be seen in my 8th week. Anyone else not been seen until after 10 weeks?

Sassy20 Fri 28-Jun-13 17:17:42

Ruggle - with my dd I wasn't seen by mw till ten weeks - it appears to be the norm where I live - West Yorkshire.

Purple37 Fri 28-Jun-13 17:21:47

Hi all, am 7 weeks tomorrow and just wondering when people plan to tell their other children? Have an 11 year old DD, 10 year old DS and DSD and an 8 year old DSD. Have been really sick and they are worried I am really poorly!!!

Bearfrills Fri 28-Jun-13 17:22:09

It's the norm where I live too Ruggle, NE England. Booking appointment is at 8-10 weeks and dating scan at 11-13 weeks, although the MWs do say to phone them if you need to see them before that.

tiegysmum Fri 28-Jun-13 17:38:36

The sickness is horrendous, champagne I've been the exact same as you, In fact I ended up in hosp yest to be checked out as ive had recent abdominal surgery so gp was being cautious... All was fine with baby & basically I was given some as required anti sickness tabs the midwife advised me to get sea bands first and see if they worked before using the meds, I got them from boots on way home for £8 and haven't been sick since! Have felt a bit nauseous but nothing like I did and I was sick constantly for 2 and a half weeks, night & day! On a positive level the midwife explained that it's caused by high levels of hcg which is actually a good thing :-) I'd defo recommend the bands, wether they have worked for me or just cause the sickness miraculously passed I dunno lol... But worth a try!

lyndsey90 Fri 28-Jun-13 17:40:02

I'm 6+6 today, no sickness as of yet but I've got a horrendous cold. Wonder if the sickness has passed me... Here's to hoping!

lyndsey90 Fri 28-Jun-13 17:51:02

I'm 6+6 today, no sickness as of yet but I've got a horrendous cold. Wonder if the sickness has passed me... Here's to hoping!

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 18:38:26

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 18:38:59

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 18:40:38

rueyrichardson Fri 28-Jun-13 19:21:36

Sorry to everyone who is feeling rubbish, I'm feeling rough too. I think it's because I am very tired so am hoping that a good night's sleep and some rest tomorrow will help. I've discovered that cold sparkling water and apples are soothing and have made me perk up this evening a bit. Champagne, if it are feeling really awful then I would give in and try and see a doc, they might be able to prescribe something to help you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.