Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 take 2

(1000 Posts)
bugsyburge Thu 27-Jun-13 21:49:26

well new thread already ladies.... lets go grin

lyndsey90 Thu 27-Jun-13 22:00:09

New thread already lol jeeez.

Shropshiremummy2b Thu 27-Jun-13 22:14:49

laura0007 thank you for the low down, I needn't bother going now!

On a sad note I've just found out that one of my very good friends has lost her baby at 8 weeks today. I obviously didn't tell her about me being 8+5 weeks but its so sad to think we would have been giving birth around the same time. Sooooo bummed, can't stop blubbing.

Sorry to start the shiny new thread on a downer! X

LittlePandaBear Thu 27-Jun-13 22:55:28

That's really sad Shropshiremummy2b sad

jazzcat28 Thu 27-Jun-13 23:11:34

Marking place

vix206 Fri 28-Jun-13 05:59:51

Marking place, thanks bugsy

vix206 Fri 28-Jun-13 06:00:30

Shropshire that's so sad. I'm so sorry.

EeyoreIsh Fri 28-Jun-13 06:28:45

marking place.

Shropshire that's so sad, your poor friend.

barebranches Fri 28-Jun-13 06:36:25

joining thead... morning everyone!
that is so sad shropshire. sad

laura0007 Fri 28-Jun-13 08:33:26

Morning everyone.

Sorry to hear that Shropshire, that's really sad

Sassy20 Fri 28-Jun-13 08:40:04

Sorry to hear that Shropshire.

Likestobake - I think we're due the same day - I'm 5+6 today. smile

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 09:37:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bugsyburge Fri 28-Jun-13 09:51:22

ah champagne, you're really suffering at the mo aren't you, thanks . I'm counting down the hours til hometime at 4.30.... I've already stuffed my face with crackerbreads to hold of the sickness although it's not that successful confused

such sad news Shropshire, really makes you think doesn't it?! .... on a different note, what a lovely part of the world to live in, I got married in Shropshire(whitchurch) last November

Champagnebubble Fri 28-Jun-13 09:58:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shropshiremummy2b Fri 28-Jun-13 10:17:06

I know, as if I'm not grateful enough when I hear about all of you pukey girlies that all I have to contend with is contestant weeing and eating. I'm going to reallllly hate telling her my news in a few weeks, especially as she has been harping on about me getting up the duff for ages.

It has made me feel very lucky. If this all goes well my baby is going to grow up in the most beautiful Shropshire countryside with no neighbours apart from sheep and cows and two mental spaniels!

Anyone else with dogs apprehensive about bringing a new pack member in Feb? Xxx

Namechangingnorma Fri 28-Jun-13 10:17:41

Hi all, Champagne, sorry to hear you are feeling so ill, I take it you have tried the constant non stop eating technique? i find if I go longer than about 45 waking mins without eating I am sick. You could go to your gp I think there is something they can prescribe. i know what you mean re telling your boss, I had to the other day due to the bleeding, I was gutted! He didnt seem happy either

misskatamari Fri 28-Jun-13 10:17:49

Shropshire that is such sad news, thinking of your friend at such a horrible time.

Champagne - I feel for you! I've been feeling dreadful for weeks. I rang my doctor yesterday as I feel awful constantly and she was AMAZING. I'm a teacher and am really struggling with the constant running around and having to teach a class and have energy when I feel sick constantly and am starting to be sick more. Anyway - she was so understanding (as she has been through it herself) and just told me "you need to rest, you need to stay at home". I totally wasn't expecting that, but she has signed me off. I feel guilty letting people down, but I know that it is for the best as I am just dragging myself through the day feeling worse and worse.

I know that it's probably something you are reluctant to do, but if you are feeling really bad it might be worth speaking to your doc. I hope you feel a but better soon, its so grim isn't it. But all worth it in the end :D

Namechangingnorma Fri 28-Jun-13 10:20:15

Hi Shropshire, I had a miscarriage at the same time as some of my friends were having babies a few years ago now, honestly, I felt nothing but happiness for them, I felt like their babies had nothing to do with my baby IYSWIM. Im sure she will be happy for you. Dont have dogs but do have a very needy cat who I think is not going to take the potential new arrival (still very nervous about taking anything for granted) well at all!

Somanychanges Fri 28-Jun-13 10:55:27

Morning all,
I am feeling not to bad today. Felt fine this morning on school run, then bit sick on the way home. I had some toast and feel better.

Has anyone else just gone off all food? I have no appetite and not even because of nausea as even when I feel fine I am still having to force myself to eat.

champagne sorry to hear you are so poorly. Are you managing to eat and drink? If not and you are being sick all through the day and night you could have Hyperemisis.

212VIP Fri 28-Jun-13 11:00:45

I'm so sorry for your friend Shropshire. I had a miscarriage at about 8 weeks on Christmas Day just gone. Rubbish timing with two other DC's. But you do move on. Something's aren't meant to be. Hopefully her time will come soon.

On a 'me' note, this sickness is becoming VERY tiresome to say the least. Morning, noon and night. All I'm doing is eating. And it's not even really helping. Must've put on half a stone in two weeks and I just can't keep up with life. Tiredness and sickness is a horrid combination.

On top of that my hayfever is ATROCIOUS and I can't take anything. Not that helps anyway... Woke up last night really struggling to catch my breath. Thought I was going to have to call an ambulance. I ended up using my DS's inhaler and it helped enough to allow me to sleep again.

Just don't remember ever being so affected physically in pregnancy at an early stage. Huge boobs, stretching pains, bloating, sickness, tiredness, grumpiness, headaches. It's a struggle. Desperate to tell someone my news in order that I can feel happy and excited rather than rubbish!!

I'm hoping to opt for a home birth. Anyone else...?

misskatamari Fri 28-Jun-13 11:01:53

I find that I am off lots of food yes. The past few weeks so many foods just really make my stomach turn but there has been something I thought "yeah I wanna eat that today" but the past few days I just don't fancy anything. It's so weird as normally I will eat anything and everything!

Namechangingnorma Fri 28-Jun-13 11:05:24

212VIP, I feel your pain, constant eating is the only way to stop puking and I have put on 5lbs in 2 weeks, it's not like I am actually enjoying eating anything either. i am dying to tell people too as I am being evasive and cancelling plans because I feel too tired and sick but cant tell anyone the real reason why!

Sprite21 Fri 28-Jun-13 11:15:18

Found the new thread.
It is scary thinking about miscarriages but hopefully all our little beans will be okay.
Agreed the nausea is putting me off certain foods. Alas I lost my taste for coffee and tea this week! Boo. I went off it last time as well but I was hoping to enjoy it a bit longer. I am still hungry all the time but food just doesn't taste the same, it always seems slightly off now. Ugh!
Fizzlingfireboxes hope you find the new thread and just wanted to say that I had gestational diabetes with DD and was off sugar from about 28 weeks. It was hard initially but I actually found I had way more energy when I ate that way and didn't gain much baby weight...
I am probably going to be tested early this time around and I am dreading the GTT and possible result. But ah well, I'll have to deal with it and it's worth it for the little bubba.
I have my scan scheduled for July 13 and booking in appointment 2 weeks earlier when I'll be 10 weeks. It does seem late doesn't it? But from what I remember last time they just took some blood and gave me a lecture on what not to eat, do, etc. Very boring.

bugsyburge Fri 28-Jun-13 11:19:25

I have a dog & two cats.... I think the arrival of a newbie will be interesting.... our niece arrived 3years ago & she spends a lot of time with us so I think the pets will take a similar approach to our baby.... cats will look at it like an alien creature disturbing their sleep, dog will see it as a new excitable friend to play with.... I think the dog will be jealous that the baby will get a lot of attention but she will be pleased to have me at home full time with lots of walks thrown in

my biggest concern is that my house will become a mad house with pets and babies running riot shock

Halfling Fri 28-Jun-13 11:27:23

Thisisfreaking I am taking the Pregnacare with the extra yellow capsule thing. It normally goes up and down 2-3 times in my throat before I manage to swallow it. I nearly gag every time.

Shropshire, sorry to hear about your news. I am going through something similar myself. Two close family members got diagnosed with cancer in a span of a week - DH's mum & his small nephew.

I just feel sad and don't know when and how I will break this pregnancy news to my in laws.

This thread is not accepting new messages.