Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you FEEL pregnant?

(2 Posts)
petlover Thu 27-Jun-13 12:03:32

With my first pregnancy I just KNEW almost from the moment of conception that I was pregnant, my body just felt different. I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant and when I had the positive test it came as a surprise as I don't feel it this time!

When I must have been 3 weeks pregnant I had a bad allergic reaction and had to go to hospital, as part of the triage they did a pregnancy test which came back negative. The next day they wanted to start me on 2 lots of antihistamine plus steroids for a week long course so I asked to do a second pregnancy test as I had been worried the first test was done one week before my period and have been a false negative. The second test was also negative. The doctors assured me that the tests were sensitive enough to detect pregnancy even at that early stage so I believed I wasn't pregnant and took the drugs.

When my period didn't arrive I did two tests, both positive! I have pregnancy symptoms, I'm really tired and sensetive nipples and even at this early stage my jeans feel tight! I spoke to the doctor who has assured me that the tablets I take are routinely used in pregnant women and the chances of them having caused any issues are extremely low but I still have niggling fear and wish I hadn't taken them. I'm told my reaction was so bad they needed to treat it and even if they had known I was pregnant they would have taken the same action.

I don't know if I don't feel pregnant because of all the issues at the start of the pregnancy, from guilt at taking the tablets and from having being told I wasn't pregnant or if this is just normal and every pregnancy is different? Can't help but worry that something isn't quite right.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 28-Jun-13 08:56:38

Please don't feel guilty I'm sure if the doctors were concerned they would have said so but that sounds reassuring to me.
If you have any worries call the midwive- have you seen her yet? I was always calling mine- that's what they are there for.
Congrats OP let us know how you get onsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now