Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013 - Holy Shit, this is IT!!

(994 Posts)
dinkystinky Tue 25-Jun-13 19:52:46

New thread for us to natter away on as babies keep on arriving. 11 at last count already and not even in July yet.. Who will be next??

MightBeMad Wed 26-Jun-13 08:59:58

Wow - serious baby brain there - one month until due date!! blushgrin

MightBeMad Wed 26-Jun-13 09:02:31

Glad things are improving Shelley - hope talks today go well.

Good luck for tomorrow npk!!

Waves to everyone else - sorry the personals are so limited. Dashing off to aquafit (even though it's the last thing I fancy!). Have promised myself a nap afterwards smile

PhieEl06 Wed 26-Jun-13 09:21:53

Morning ladies, I feel very sick at the moment but might have something to do with the homemade chocolate & marshmallow brownies I have scoffed for breakfast! super healthy
I have to go into work today, although I broke up nearly two weeks ago for a bloody meeting about my pension, it's the last thing I want to be doing but apparently it's "really important".
36+4 & feeling fed up!

Thinkingof4 Wed 26-Jun-13 09:24:41

Shelley my sister had an elcs v recently and was able to do skin to skin in theatre which has helped her loads in getting bf sorted (didn't have skin to skin last time and had a lot of problems getting feeding going after that.) So it should be possible with the right support. Hope you can at least get agreement on this today

Evelyn it's £1 a tooth in this house! Slight problem we had last night was that dh put tooth wrapped in tiny bit of tissue under pillow and tooth fairy could only find paper and no tooth! So I will be searching ds1's bedroom this morning to find the blimin' thing! He came through at 6.20 this morning with his money and wouldn't go back to sleep...

On phone so not doing any more personals as my brain can't cope. Cheeky baby changed position at some point yesterday I realised when I went to bed that it was kicking me in upper left abdomen instead of right! Cue night of worrying about this, but it has turned back to normal position now. I just really want to avoid OP, they have always been LOA so far an my births have been ok. Not sure how I'd manage with OP...

Hope everyone slept ok last night I was far too hot but couldn't open windows as the midges were unbelievable and swarms of them kept coming in ( I resorted to hoovering them up before putting boys to bed last night grin )

MrsMillions Wed 26-Jun-13 09:30:18

Thanks dinky for the shiny new thread. Is this #9 for us?

Shelley glad you've made progress with post birth plans, hope you get to a better place with the birth itself today and aren't kept waiting too long.

slouching your visitors sound great, doing all those jobs, but I completely appreciate you'd have been glad to get your house back. Not sure I could cope with any extras right now, helpful or not.

I'm being beautified this morning - eyelash tint, eyebrow shape, pedicure. Will be nice not to worry about mascara on my pale lashes - applying, smudging or removing! Then midwife this afternoon, hope to find out quite how much baby has dropped.

Big congrats to different.

37+6

IcingTheCake Wed 26-Jun-13 09:44:19

Shelley Hopefully they'll be a bit better about it today. I was told if I end up with a EMCS I should still get skin to skin, so I don't see why it couldn't be arranged for ELCS. Worth finding out I think smile

MightBe If only it was one week left!! So jealous of those that are due before me grin Have fun at Aquafit!

Phie Ooh well, if you're going into work today you do deserve the brownie! There is talk of buying a waffle maker in my household today, after the cakey talk on fb group yesterday!

Thinking It's quite surprising how much they can move at this point don't you think? When we all feel like they're huge and there can't possibly be any more room, they start doing somersaults!

MrsMillions Genius idea with the eyelashes! I considered the extensions but they look too strange when they start falling out, I just know I'd be left with one on each eye at the end of labour wink

Getting cramps today, lasting about 5 minutes each but about 15/20 minutes apart, don't think anything is going to happen to be honest - just not 'feeling it' if that makes sense? I wish our due dates were accurate! Would save all the symptom spotting!

36+4

dinkystinky Wed 26-Jun-13 09:50:39

I think its thread 9 or 10 - hard to keep track! Enjoy your pampering MrsMillions.

Thinking - good luck with operation find the tooth! £1 a tooth here - but some of ds1's friends get a fiver a tooth!!! Its meant to get really hot next week - 27 degrees plus - so may be worth investing in a fan or something in preparation. Im so hot at nights I tend to leave windows open till 11ish and sleep under a sheet - dh is huddled under a duvet as he complains its too cold!

cheekbyjowl Wed 26-Jun-13 10:54:31

Thanks for setting up the thread dinky. I'm glad a pound is the going rate these days..the last child I asked was the son of an investment banker and he told me the tooth.fairy had left him an ipad under his pillow! I thought if that was the norm by the time my child is 8 they'll probably expect a small freehold or something smile

Good luck today npk and shelley I hope you are given more options today

I'm about to go to my 38 week check so working.from home ehich is lovely

Persuasion Wed 26-Jun-13 10:54:58

Good morning all.

I read all the updates since yesterday this morning then went back to bed so I've forgotten who said what, sorry! Glad you're feeling a bit better about things shelley, I'm sure you'll work something out. Hopefully that should include skin to skin. Definitely chase up the senior midwife.

MightBe I am due one week today! No sign of anything convincing yet though.

Regarding the tooth fairy this is my first so I haven't had to think of it yet. £1 sounds reasonable to me, £5 seems a bit excessive! DH is a lawyer so I suspect in our house if they make a good argument for more all will be negotiable (although would obviously need to write to the tooth fairy to argue it grin )

MrsMillions enjoy your pampering session.

vinegar you have been quiet. Does this indicate something happening I wonder? Good luck if so.

I had to go to labour ward last night for monitoring for reduced movement but all was fine. We were even home by 10pm! Baby is head down but had turned so her back was on my right, I don't know if that's why the movements felt less but she's making up for it today.

The bad news is my washing machine is irreparably broken but the good news is they're coming to fit a new one this afternoon.

Right, had best get going if I'm going to make the midwife appointment.

39 weeks today shock

Beginningofthejourney Wed 26-Jun-13 11:01:09

shelley we were told at breast feeding class it should still be possible to do skin to skin after cs. I didn't get to do it as Theo went to scbu however I went to the class after he was born and I was struggling to get him to latch on and the lady said to do skin to skin as much as possible and he would still move down, I (and scbu nurses) was very skeptical but I duely went back to scbu and popped Theo down my top for the afternoon and low and behold he did wiggle throughout the afternoon towards my breast and started to get better at breast feeding. Just wanted to share my experience for those of you who don't get the initial skin to skin time there is still a benefit on doing it later on.

dinkystinky Wed 26-Jun-13 11:20:35

Persuasion - I'm a lawyer and my children's negotiation skills definitely arent up to the job yet of persuading me that more than £1 is reasonable. Am shock at the ipad from the tooth fairy. What do they get for a molar? A horse under their pillow?? Sorry you had a scare last night but glad all is ok with you and your baby. Enjoy the new washing machine! Good time to get a new one...

CitizenOscar Wed 26-Jun-13 12:00:09

Just marking my place on new thread really. Have been really tired & just found out I'm anaemic so hopefully some extra iron will sort me out.

Hello to everyone else. Hope to hear of more babies arriving soon, as long as they're ready of course grin

IcingTheCake Wed 26-Jun-13 12:23:15

Persuasion Glad everything was okay in the end! smile

Citizen Sorry to hear about being anaemic sad at least you've found out and hopefully the iron tablets will really help! smile

PhieEl06 Wed 26-Jun-13 12:37:31

I hope you enjoyed your beautification MrsMillions, liking the idea of an eyelash tint!

Icing the waffle maker sounds like a fantastic idea! Especially seen as we now know you can freeze them! I considering more baking tonight, possibly some chocolate macaroons (sp?).

Dinky thanks for the warning of hot weather, glad now I haven't eBayed maxi dresses & maternity shorts! I'm not liking the idea of being a hot & bothered pregnant lady, Portugal wasn't too bad as there was a lovely breeze most of the time!

Cheek shock at the iPad for a tooth, I'd be pulling my teeth out if I was that child. Seen as its my first I have no idea like Persuasion on going rates for the tooth fairy but I had 50p a tooth & that wasn't all that long ago. 12 years maybe

Citizen sorry to hear about being anaemic, it's a pain in the arse but the iron tablets do make a huge difference in energy levels IMO.

IcingTheCake Wed 26-Jun-13 12:45:38

Ooh I might make cookies!

Im afraid i might be hormonal shock my mum sent me a text this morning saying shed popped the last apple tango in the fridge for me - i LOVE apple tango recently, dont know why but I could drink litres smile - anyway, i went to get it to have with lunch, and my brother has already drunk it shocksad i now have no tango, no car and its too far to walk to the shops in this humidity sad we don't have any regular apple juice either, or apples! Hormones are telling me its perfectly reasonable to never talk to my brother again grin

My dd was one of the last to lose tooth in her class and annoyingly everyone else has been getting £2. I thought this was too much but i couldn't work out a good enough argument for the difference so caved, nearly killed me!
Phie hope the meeting at work passes quick. Runs i dont know how you're still doing it and the other prrson who i have temp forgot.
I wonder how c section is going for nicola( unsure of mnet name)

dinkystinky Wed 26-Jun-13 13:44:54

Sorry to hear about the anaemia CitizenOscar - hope the iron supplements make you feel better soon. Icing - I'd text your mum/brother asking them to bring some back with them please. I loved appletiser when pregnant with DS1.

We have builders in the house today and for the rest of the week sorting out some snagging work for us - have told Bean to definitely stay put for the time being till they're done!

Grannyapple Wed 26-Jun-13 14:02:39

Hi ladies...have stupid chest infection (had it since tail end of last week)...was hoping it would shift but it hasn't, so off sick from work today. Finally got to speak to a doc yesterday who agrred i needed antibiotics (couldn't get an appt in Monday after barely 2 hrs sleep & struggling to breathe, I burst into tears sad). But they haven't fully kicked in yet.. Still got another week if work left yet so think I might be working from home next week & then go in on last day for final handover bits...

Had 36wk mw appt yesterday....was surprised to find out that baby is 2/5 engaged...I'm fairly sure DS didn't engage til later, but that could be a lazy boy thing, lol! But hoping she doesn't make an appearance before July 12th as that's when sis arrives...she's being tasked with being chief entertainer to DS & general skivvy to me & DH once bubba is here grin. No but seriously, she was great last time...arrived with essential groceries, did some washing for us, cooked dinner, kept an eye on DS whilt DH & I got some much needed shuteye...DH wanted to pay get to stay longer with us grin.

Re tooth fairy, my best friends little girls teeth have started falling out...I asked what the going rate was. & she replied that luckily one of the other girls in her class was given a gold chocolate coin grin. Kinda defeats the purpose slightly, but she was happy with that!

Apologies for long post...feel like I'm burning up now so off to try & cool down & catch up on some much needed kip!

VinegarDrinker Wed 26-Jun-13 14:13:12

Afternoon, folks. Bless those of you asking after me, sadly not a sign of baby emerging but a poorly toddler taking up all my attention! DS has been off nursery with some non specific viral thing so my planned few days of lazing around haven't quite worked out.

Having said that my Mum has dropped by today and having just put DS down for his nap I've been banished to the bedroom with tea and cake and instructed to rest, so I will!

Sorry not to do personals

39+1

shelley72 Wed 26-Jun-13 14:14:20

Back briefly before school run. Well I burst into tears on supervisor of midwives at my appointment - not a good look and am now officially crazy hormonal pregnant lady. my first episode. All over my wishes of skin to skin asap and everything about ds's birth came flooding out shock. It is now in my notes in various places how important it is to me so I just hope on the day someone actually reads them.

I was due to see my consultant as he has the authority to book extra sections or move slots but he was busy in clinic and wanted up to date info first to decide how urgently they need to get the baby out. So they scanned me and I'm glad they did. the placenta is still fine, and my fluid back up and within normal range, so no longer have oligo. Which is all fantastic news as delivery is now not as urgent smile. No-one had actually spoken to me yesterday about why they were pushing for a section this week, they had not said they were so worried about the baby - maybe I am just a bit dim! So back at end of week to speak with him and see from there I guess. All after I managed to sort my mum for babysitting on Fri. Typical eh.

Anyway I am horrified that the going rate for a tooth these days is an iPad. Two children, twenty teeth each - that's going to cost!!!

39 weeks. Wonder how much further I will get?

VinegarDrinker Wed 26-Jun-13 14:16:52

shelley that sounds really positive all round, v glad to hear it.

dinkystinky Wed 26-Jun-13 15:22:31

Shelley - sometimes tears are called for to get through to people how frustrated and stressed you are. Sounds like they did the trick and you had a much more positive day all round.

Vinegar - sorry Ds is ill. Hope he gets better soon and you get your down time in before baby arrives.

Granny - hope the abs kick in soon for you. Take care and keep your fluids up.

Thinkingof4 Wed 26-Jun-13 16:21:13

vinegar hope ds is better soon, I imagine your body is 'waiting' till he is so you can have this baby

shelley good to hear fluid levels are ok again, sounds positive

granny sounds grim, keep your fluids up and rest

dinky did dh enjoy Wimbledon? Who did he see?

So anyway, 6 days till due date here and no sign of anything happening, no twinges, no dicky tummy, no show.
Has anyone else had any signs yet like their show? I'm sure I had mine before sweep last time (therefore before due date) so hoping this baby isn't planning to be as late as ds1 (induced at term plus 13!)
For those who already have dc(s) did you have any 'pre-labour' signs?
(I should really just sit back and enjoy the tennis but I'm paranoid about baby going OP given the change of position last night so don't want to be lounging on je couch, and not finding my ball very comfy for any length of time)

Ooh another question, given that this is dc4 and the first 3 were OA, is it less likely that I would be OP this time??
confused

Persuasion Wed 26-Jun-13 16:22:51

shelley I think given the circumstances tears are justified. Sounds like there had been some progress anyway which is good news.

Sorry for poorly ds vinegar. Glad you're ok though.

Still no news from ohGood? Hopefully that means she's just too busy snuggling her newborn to come on here!

My midwife appointment was unexciting. At the last one baby's head was only 2/5 palpable, and now it's 4/5 so going the wrong way! I'm hoping it's just a different midwife feeling it differently, but will be spending the rest of the day bouncing on my ball just in case...

photographerlady Wed 26-Jun-13 16:53:50

Wow you ladies can talk.. I just noticed the move.

congrats Different

Hope it's going well OhGood

Anyone else feel like they are about to sneeze and have a baby? I had the oddest BH and cramps last night, took two painkillers and finally got to bed. Today she feels sooooo heavy and have a lot of cervix (well area) pain. I hope she can hold out to at least after my driving test tomorrow or maybe this is a small phase and I will go into lovely ache-free pregnancy mode.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now