Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2014?

(1000 Posts)
Teddybear4 Mon 24-Jun-13 13:43:54

Hi

Is there an antenatal thread for March 2013?

If not, can I start one? I've just found out Im expecting our third (and final!!) baby, due 4 March.

Fingers crossed tightly for a smooth ride (I had early bleeds with both my previous pregnancies).

Anyone else out there yet?

TWinklyLittleStar Fri 19-Jul-13 09:19:52

Oooh nearly files the thread...

frank and others getting scanned this morning good luck.

I am doing ok so far with clothes despite living on cheese and onion crisps to fight the nausea. Are those of you having trouser trouble on second or more babies? I'm sure I won't have long though.

I drank a fair bit of soda water yesterday, didn't help the wind blush

Hi and congratulations to the new joiners.

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 09:17:20

New thread here

New Thread

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 08:59:28

BTW - thanks soured

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 08:59:10

Mimi - your DH's comments almost made me cry

That's another thing, I'm already overly emotional - I'm sure it all started much later last time (that said I didn't know I was pg until I was 14 weeks with DD)

Rosy, SIL and DB have a frozen embryo, and another cycle on the NHS if necessary.
I know it will be hard for them, because I'll be at the stage where she would have been if the IVF had worked all the time iykwim.

Mimi - 'carrying our future.'

Sob!

RugbyWidow7 Fri 19-Jul-13 08:41:21

That's such a lovely story Mimill, you've cheered me p on this tired / hungover morning! Welcome newbies and glad your cramps have stopped soured.

A friend gave me some floradix liquid iron so I took that this morning. Hoping it helps with the bloating / constipation and dizziness!

Souredstones Fri 19-Jul-13 08:39:10

I've got the second thread up and ready for us all in 7 posts time!

Souredstones Fri 19-Jul-13 08:33:24

<Waves at due date buddy PiratesMam> how are you feeling? My stomach cramps have eased off in favour of full on nausea...nice... roll on 29th August when I have my scan!!

Welcome aboard all the new ladies!! Its lovely having such a full and busy thread!!

My belly is looking slightly large depending on what I wear. Thankfully i live in jersey dresses and leggings so its relatively easy to hide thus far. I'm fat anyway so i don't think anyone will comment for fear of upsetting me grin

Hope everyone has a good day today. Thankfully i have a late start at work so don't have to leave for another half hour. Dreading it though, my job is so stressful sad still, at least it's the weekend (nearly!)

mimili Fri 19-Jul-13 08:30:43

Ended up 'PO another S' as had an emotional moment of not 'feeling' pregnant!!!!

Came downstairs crying and waving the stick, partly shocked at how quickly the line came up compared to the first few times, and partly with the sudden realisation that this is definitely definitely happening.

DH just looked at me bemused and said. Get used to it, you are carrying our future and it is amazing, you are amazing (he was slightly tipsy after a work do) I promptly started crying for about half an hour and poor guy didn't know what he had said wrong hmm

But thought I would let you guys know in case you are feeling down/sick this morning that it is FRICKIN AMAZING! And we are all FRICKIN AMAZING! (Please remind me of that too next time I complain! )

Happy Friday!! grin

Slippersandacuppa Fri 19-Jul-13 08:22:34

If it's only the tummy bit that's snug you could loop a hairband through the buttonhole and attach it to the button. Gives you a few precios extra cms - just wear a top long enough to hide it!

MummyPig24 Fri 19-Jul-13 08:13:49

For the first time today I put on my bra and leggings and both felt a little more snug than usual. I think I am bloated too. Had terrible wind last night!

Beegale78 Fri 19-Jul-13 08:10:27

Hi Rockchick thanks for the tip, it looks like lovely stuff, I will definitely be ordering!

Rockchick1984 Fri 19-Jul-13 07:33:26

Woohoo Stroke congratulations!!!!!!!! Have you been to pop your head in on the JS grads thread? I'm made up for you grin

Lambchop personally I am either wearing dresses or leggings, however remember that what goes up will hopefully come down so clothes in a size too big will be useful postnatally once the bump is gone but the baby weight hasn't yet smile

x0gawjus0x Fri 19-Jul-13 07:07:14

Im 8 weeks and I look 20 weeks im a bit scared theres a few babies in there lol!!! I will be buying maternity soon as ive had scan currently walking round with trouser buttons undone or wearing leggings!

Lambchop14 Fri 19-Jul-13 07:02:20

Morning all. Just to report my tummy troubles seem to be getting better smile thanks for all the advice. Had my holiday vaccinations yesterday too. Managed to get so good travel advice from the travel clinic and got all my jabs. All set for my holidays now! My next issue (ha ha) is that all my trousers are getting too tight round my middle. Maternity trousers all seem to be too big and if I go up the next size they are too big. Think I'm going to have to buy a new wardrobe for holiday that will last me 5 mins. I also have a hen night tonight and wanted to wear my skinny jeans but I just feel too bloated. Don't have a clue what to wear and going straight out from work. Can't believe I'm having this problem already! I'm 6+6 and feel very fat

MTBMummy Fri 19-Jul-13 06:33:28

Congrats Stroke and Bee, welcome aboard.

Hope everyone managed a decent nights sleep. I only had to get up twice to pee -does a small dance, then bladder suggests its not a good idea -oops!

Feeling bad this morning, was in a right grump with DP, for no actual reason, so stropped off to bed early. Have now realised I wa being very unreasonable, but won't see him until 6pm when I get home from work - text apology it is. Hope my hormones and moods settle down soon, I feel really sorry for him

Strokethefurrywall Fri 19-Jul-13 03:22:15

Hi ladies, can I join?

Just got my BFP about, ooooohhh, 3 hours ago - am still staring at the ept test with the "pregnant" glaring at me wondering if it's fake! Have an appointment to see my OBGYN tomorrow afternoon for some progesterone suppositories like last time. All being well, DC2 due on 29 March 2014.

Rockchick1984 great to see you here! Funnily enough I had sat down to have a good old moan on the Just Shagging thread with a massive glass of red feeling all sorry for myself because I thought ERTD was about to arrive and though "oooh, I'd better pee on a stick just in case" and it was positive.

This is a very weird day....

Rockchick1984 Thu 18-Jul-13 23:35:12
Rockchick1984 Thu 18-Jul-13 23:34:54

Hi Bee - no advice re bleeding but I've been using CJ's bottom butter on my eczema since TTC and its worked wonders smile

Beegale78 Thu 18-Jul-13 23:20:18

Hello, I'm about 6.5 weeks along, due around March 11th by my estimations. I'm 34 and this is my first baby so looking forward to getting lots of tips and advice from all you mums out there who have done this before! As we're doing the symptom share thing I got one for you, eczema, like crazy bonkers eczema!! No chance of using my usually strong topical steroid. Doctors visit today ended up with referral to dermatologist so that's not going to help much anytime soon! But anyway,mustn't grumble apart from slightly sore boobs and a little bit is tiredness I'm symptom free. I had a bit of a bleed earlier in the week after a spinning class so would be really interested to hear from anyone in the group who has experienced early bleeding as (possibly) result of exercise? I was terrified but it was just a little and is gone now. I've decided that this is going to be a very long journey and worrying about things is just going to make it even longer! Good luck to everyone and here's to the safe arrival of our March babies xxx

Slippersandacuppa Thu 18-Jul-13 23:12:53

Wow, you girls move fast.

This is hard : have to type quickly or I'll forget what I wanted to say - no room in tiny brain anymore.

Sazza I'm so sorry. Hope you're getting all the love and support you need.

MTB Good on ya! Nice to see the benefits of OCD at work smile

See, I've forgotten now. Errrmmmm.

Ah ha - coolhand that's exactly how I described my pregnancies to DH, that I felt hungover. His response? But you haven't had a drink? Duh. Could've poked him in the eye.

Thaleia yep, still feeding my littlest. She's definitely not less interested, although I'm sure it tastes different, but I'm expecting my supply to go soon unfortunately. It did with my others at around three months pregnant, which is a shame as I would have loved to carry on. Oh well, something's gotta give!

Off to do my stats. To all of you struggling to sleep, may I introduce the hypnobirthing relaxation track. Even if that sort of thing doesn't float your boat, it's sooo sleep-inducing. Not sure I've ever heard how it finishes...wonder if that affects its effectiveness. Hm.

Night!

OnTheRunFromTheAcademe Thu 18-Jul-13 23:03:09

thaleia I'm still breastfeeding. And will probably bang on about it far too much because it dominates my life atm. Or at least it feels that way.

My boy is nearly 16 months and still very boob-dependent. I'm probably going to try to night-wean him soon as I'm finding it utterly exhausting.

I'm also terrified of having a two year old and a newborn!

Blockette Thu 18-Jul-13 22:35:41

Good luck to everyone with scans tomorrow, I hope it's good news all round.

MummyPig24 Thu 18-Jul-13 22:20:55

Good luck for tomorrow those who have scans etc.

Church toddler group in the morning should be lovely and cool. It's pyjama day at school tomorrow, ds isn't going to be happy!

This thread is not accepting new messages.