Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 - thread 5 - getting excited as we all start getting 12 week scans and move into our second trimester....

(1000 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Mon 17-Jun-13 18:42:22

Here we go again....

extracrunchy Sun 30-Jun-13 18:54:18

Hi Tarka

That sounds pretty positive then - might just be nothing. Fingers firmly crossed for you and hope you can get some rest.

thanks

enormouse Sun 30-Jun-13 18:54:36

When I'm feeling hormonal I like to mow them down in my huge fuck off pram sultanajo. grin or imagine mowing them down because my DP tells me to be more understanding.

The head midwife from my pg with DS had done the antenatal care for foetal/baby DP. She was lovely, hope she's still there.

sarah it'd be nice to hear back from her soon.

enormouse Sun 30-Jun-13 18:59:30

tarka flowers. Try to take it easy and look after yourself. maybe your mum could help look after your DC? Thinking of you x.

Frizz1986 Sun 30-Jun-13 19:09:36

tarka glad the bleeding has stopped and make sure you rest lots. Will be thinking of you.

Good luck enormouse for booking tomorrow.

And good luck to everyone else with scans etc.

TobyLerone Sun 30-Jun-13 19:19:13

Fx you can have a rest this week, Tarka.

Sultana, I hope you can enjoy your dinner. I am eating an indecent amount of houmous and tzatziki lately.

Sultanajo Sun 30-Jun-13 19:38:49

tarka fingers crossed for you that its just an unexplained bleed! Hope u get the rest you need. thanks

enormouse that cracked me up! The most snoggy couple actually came into the pub while I was having dinner - like they were joined at the hip, all touchy feely! I couldnt believe it!

toby it was actually not bad - managed to eat quite a bit of it. Now sitting here feeling really full....

Trying to stay awake to let my dinner go down, but I could totally sleep right now!!! confused

Penny31 Sun 30-Jun-13 19:55:32

tarka that sounds positive. Please the bleeding has stopped. Really do look after yourself and try to relax.

Pleased a lot of you are feeling a lot better and been rather active! I've had a good evening so far. Got of my backside and cleaned the bathroom, did some washing and made the dinner. Need to do my nails now so since they are growing at an alarming rate and look ridiculous.

A better day all round I think!

chocoloulou33 Sun 30-Jun-13 19:57:11

Oh look how many posts we still have to write to fill this up. People r writing on the other thread. Whyyy do u do this to me pod lol. I expect there to be 20 more posts by time I look on here again 2nite grin

Frizz1986 Sun 30-Jun-13 20:08:16

I feel it is time to spam this thread to make chocco happy and to make sure pod doesnt get in any more trouble..... smile

Frizz1986 Sun 30-Jun-13 20:10:04

Anyone watching anything good on tv tonight? Dh has just switched to top gear which i don't mind (wish they had some discounted awesome family cars on tho)
Then i shall be watching episode 5 of the fall as I attempt to catch up with it.
Is there anything else half decent on..... Want to enjoy watching tv while i still have the chance.

TobyLerone Sun 30-Jun-13 20:11:34

I haven't even signed in to the other thread yet.

Frizz1986 Sun 30-Jun-13 20:13:10

toby i am trying to keep an eye on both or the next thread will be at 10 pages before i have even looked and theres no chance i will catch up then lol.
We talk way tooooo much grin

MrsVDB Sun 30-Jun-13 20:23:53

Good luck to everyone with scans/ booking in apts coming up.

Asked dh to get me sausage roll from certain place on his way back from stag do today, was really hungry and looking forward to it. He bought one but from the wrong place, cue ridiculous crying! Then 10 minutes later gave in and tried to eat it. It was really flakey and kept falling on my top so I stormed out the room crying. Hormones right?!!

Also had my first sick today!! I know it's really awful for a lot of you so hope I don't offend anyone but it made me feel really chuffed and pregnant!! Proper crazy today!!

TobyLerone Sun 30-Jun-13 20:24:08

I've read it, but it drives me insane to be on 2 threads at once.

TobyLerone Sun 30-Jun-13 20:24:58

Oh, and we're watching the very first episode of Scrubs because it was one of the few family-friendly shows we could find on DH's giant Server O'Shite.

enormouse Sun 30-Jun-13 20:29:35

MrsVDB I know what you mean. Till I threw up about 2 weeks ago I was convinced I had imagined myself pregnant. I was POAS every few days to doublecheck.
I also had a similar reaction to DP. Asked him to buy me chocolate nesquik and he came back with strawberry crusha. He thought it'd be ok as they were both milkshakes. I almost killed him.

frizz put DS to bed about half an hour ago and am now watching sir tony talk about Lincoln jail. I'm a bit of a history buff.

Frizz1986 Sun 30-Jun-13 20:34:40

Love scrubs. I am not sure why we are watching top gear anymore as dh is now attempting to paint warhammer models whilst watching and we all know they cant multi task!
I wish i was a history buff. More science geek myself (dh is a total science geek too, he is a dungeons and dragons playing geek and everything as well. He could be one of the guys from the big bang theory - probably Leonard)

TobyLerone Sun 30-Jun-13 20:37:29

DS is now making us watch Russell Howard's Good News. I hate Russell Howard.

MrsGSR Sun 30-Jun-13 20:39:13

tarka glad to hear you're resting at your mums. fx everything will be ok.

tarka take care of yourself, massive fx that everything is fine.

Um, how to fill this thread...?

Ooh, a joke:

Why do anarchists drink herbal tea?

Because property is theft.

chocoloulou33 Sun 30-Jun-13 20:51:33

Well done girls nearly done smile x

Two more posts, ladies...

AND RELAX! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.